VED + Traction: too stressful?

Previous topic - Next topic

dioporcolorisolvo

Is too stressful VED + Traction?

Are there members that have done both? Experiences?

BrooksBro

I have done both, and for me, it was not too stressful.  Your results may be different.  Be GENTLE with both!

Mike_O

I think VED and traction is a good idea as long as neither is "too much".  Further injury is possible with both therapies - so go slow.

dioporcolorisolvo

BrooksBro and Mike:

have you regained girth with VED + traction?

Hawk

Quote from: dioporcolorisolvo on October 31, 2012, 01:52:39 PM
Is too stressful VED + Traction?  Are there members that have done both? Experiences?

I have done both, with an emphasis on traction and I don't find it to stressful at all.  One reason I incorporate the VED is because I have ED and do not get spontaneous erections.  I consider the VED essential for such cases just for blood flow.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Ben

I'm using both and its been ok for me. As for injuries from traction aparts from being sore just under the glans I've never read something that makes traction dangerous for the penis if used properly, i.e. release your penis off the noose every hours to provides bloodflow.

Overpumping can lead to damage, so does jelqinq. As from my experience and what i've read on varrious forums Ved (if used correctly) and traction together is ok.
Never sleep with a traction device !!

LWillisjr

I have done both but not very consistent with either.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

BrooksBro

I found traction was helpful to restore length.  I find the VED helpful to restore overall health of my second brain.  If I had to choose only one, it would be the VED.

In reading studies about using the VED immediately post RP, there is HUGE value in maintaining an adequate blood flow and tissue perfusion.  The value is in maintaining viable nerves.  Without adequate blood, they die and do not recover.    :(

Hawk

Quote from: BrooksBro on November 02, 2012, 12:49:30 PM
In reading studies about using the VED immediately post RP, there is HUGE value in maintaining an adequate blood flow and tissue perfusion.  The value is in maintaining viable nerves.  Without adequate blood, they die and do not recover.

RP = Radical Prostatectomy.

The VED is useful after an RP but not to keep nerves viable.  The nerves that cause the blood vessels to expand in the penis are traumatized in the area where they surround and adhere to the prostate.  VED blood flow to the penis does not nourish that area. While those nerves are recovering, the penis needs blood flow not for those nerves but for the penis tissue itself.  Without blood flow the elastic tissue in the penis can form plaque and you can and will lose size.

Mike_O

I am satisfied with the results from VED and traction but the results were not quick to arrive. I also noticed that daily or even twice daily VED as well as hours of traction was necessary to see improvement. Skipping days was of no benefit and probably delayed results.

Hope that helps.

dioporcolorisolvo

Can we say that to regain girth VED is better than traction?  

Ben

Dioporcolorisolvo the best is to try both, Ved and traction just to see what device does the trick for you.
Every man reacts differently to Ved or traction. There are men here for whom Ved was very useful, other men for whom traction really does the trick. I personnaly have gotten a lot of girth from traction, but I had a lot of time to spare (i can't do anything but sitting with a fastsize).

Hawk

I don't think you will find a clinical answer on which will restore girth better.  The traction study cleary documented an increase in girth, and I clearly had an increase in girth from traction.  Until someone randomly assigns a couple hundred men to each group and says "on your mark, get set, GO" it is a matter of opinion and prejudice.

They both have clear advantages and drawbacks in my opinion. Maybe I will make a post to that effect and let others add their opinions on distict advantages or drawbacks or either.