Peyronies Society Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Congratulations to Old Man the longest active member on the forum
yesterday was his 14th anniversary of supporting the best forum on the internet.

READ THE TRIBUTE: https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,12336.0.html

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where would we be without this forum?  (Read 6596 times)

GS

• Solid Contributor
  • GS
Where would we be without this forum?
« on: February 28, 2011, 11:07:43 AM »

Gentlemen,

Until I found this website and the forum, I was lost, scared and totally vulnerable to all the websites selling who knows what for Peyronies.  With the help of our members, I don't even look at all the junk being sold on line anymore.  Who knows how much money and time I have saved.

We don't have a cure yet, but we have things we can do to help ourselves and we have a wealth of information on what works and what doesn't work.  The "what doesn't work and could be harmful" is probably as, or even more, important to us in the long run.

So, I just wanted to say "thanks for being there" to the people that started this website and to all the people that continue to try to help the rest of us.

GS

newguy

• Major Contributor
  • United Kingdom
Re: Where would we be without this forum?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 12:01:08 PM »

It's a godsend really. A little while back I typed peyronie's disease into facebook, which has pages and groups for just about everything. Over 40% of the US population has a facebok account. 600 million users worldwide. The biggest peyronie's disease group I could find had less than 30 members. People just don't speak up publicly, so without this forum there would be nowhere to relate to others in the same position, share knowledge, and seek support.

Worried Guy

• Solid Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 12:36:19 PM »

I second that.  I really hate my job at the moment as the company is struggling and I've been going nowhere fast for a few years.  There are no other jobs out there so I was feeling pretty down anyway.  Then the peyronies disease came along and I thought my life was over. My Uro told me to go home and come back if my curvature got so bad I could not have sex!!!  He told me that if I had to have an operation my penis would be tiny and would look horrible!!!  Those were his exact words! You can imagine how I felt after that appointment.  He did say that only 5% of the people he has ever seen have had to be operated on and it was unlikely I would be one of them.  However, he does not know how my condition is going to progress.  I want to say thanks to the people who have already given me advise and hope in the last few weeks.  You have already been 1000 times more helpful than the medical professionals i've seen so far.

chefcasey

• Solid Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 12:38:30 PM »

Kudos to that.  Before finding this forum, I was actually about to dump $600 on one of those bs "packages" from Herazy at the Peyronies Disease institute (an institute with only one researcher....him lol)

Worried Guy

• Solid Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 12:43:49 PM »

And I was going to purchase Serracor-NK and a manual stretching video!!!  An amazing product which can dissolve scar tissue in only 3 months!!! Jesus I think we would all be taking that. 

newguy

• Major Contributor
  • United Kingdom
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 12:59:58 PM »

And I was going to purchase Serracor-NK and a manual stretching video!!!  An amazing product which can dissolve scar tissue in only 3 months!!! Jesus I think we would all be taking that. 

I do occasional manual stretching, but in such a basic way that if someone put it on a video, it would be about 30 seconds long! All of the herbal products on offer are rip-offs and seem to have the same ingredients in no matters what they're aimed at curing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up