Peyronies Society Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

See the details on a study to gather genetic and clinical information about fibrotic disorders!
Peyronie's Disease Clinical Trial - Peyronies Society Forums

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stem Cells & Adult stem cell injections for Peyronie's  (Read 181127 times)

JS1991

• Voting Member
Re: Stem Cells & Adult stem cell injections for Peyronie's
« Reply #800 on: July 05, 2018, 05:21:05 AM »

No problem! I was at about 10-15 degrees at the beginning, but I'm down to 5 degrees erect at the moment from manual traction. Keep in mind I caught this very early and have been applying traction daily since literally the first week of my Peyronie's symptoms. I do, however, have varying curvature in semi-flaccid/flaccid state, and as my penis fluctuates between soft flaccid and hard flaccid it will sometimes "curl up" in the direction of my curve temporarily. I hope to contain all of this and prevent it from affecting my erect penis; I heard flaccid symptoms are a sign of things to come in the erect penis. I also hope to stomp out this hard flaccid with fasting and trigger point therapy before my next injections, but that is a tall order. I'm trying my best.

I wasn't given exact likely outcomes for reduction, per se; this clinic that I went to does not specialize in Peyronie's, I just picked it because of the banking and their ability to treat my joint injuries as well as provide IV infusion, on top of the penile injections. If it were just my penis I was getting treated, I probably would have gone to Dr. Landers in California, who has way more experience treating Peyronie's with stem cell/prp injections, and provides shockwave treatment before hand. He does not bank cells, however.

hope794

• Solid Contributor
« Reply #801 on: July 05, 2018, 12:07:36 PM »

JS1991,
thank you for updating. I've got a couple of questions for you:
1. Did you suffer from ED?
2. Did you have a plaque or a fibrosis?

Both if you have plaque or fibrosis, did they say that stem cell would get rid of it?

JS1991

• Voting Member
« Reply #802 on: July 05, 2018, 10:49:23 PM »

No problem! I have slight ED, but it is mainly caused by chronic pelvic pain syndrome. The symptoms of my ED are slight sensation loss along the CS/glans, which also don't fill with blood all the way (cs/glans = underside of penis/head of penis). I do have fibrosis in the top third of my penis, it has a "rougher" feel to it than the rest of my penis and is tighter and thinner, with the curvature coming from the worse side (the left side).

I also have a dent right under the head on the right underside of my penis, where the tissue and the urethra meet. Again, with a rough feeling indent. And upon inspection, it seems as though it is going away, believe it or not. The indent isn't as deep as it was last time I checked it (before stem cells) and the tissue doesn't have as rough of a feeling to it. The only other improvement I've seen since the injections, is in an odd symptom I have where my penis feels like it is almost dividing into three "sections", the left, center (top), and right, with a sort of line forming to separate them on each side. This line/separation seems to be less pronounced than it was.

They said the stem cells should help get rid of it, yes, but this was based on their experience with Dupuytren's contracture, which is identical to Peyronie's only located in the hand. There are, however, accounts of stem cells improving penile fibrosis elsewhere. I will keep everyone updated as things change.

hope794

• Solid Contributor
« Reply #803 on: July 06, 2018, 04:26:09 AM »

Thank you, JS1991. You're really kind, as always  ;)

JS1991

• Voting Member
« Reply #804 on: July 11, 2018, 05:40:45 PM »

Here is a week two update: the denting under my penis head on the underside to the right is continuing to show improvement, which I am happy about. I'm actually surprised to see anything happening this early, as most results (as I have learned through research) are typically seen between 4-6 months out. Maybe since it was the only majorly indented spot on my penis, it is filling out with cells, who knows, only time will tell.

In other news, I have learned the earliest I can get more of my stem cells shipped to my house (they are currently being culture-expanded in a lab) is late August. So August/September I plan on self-injecting more cells into my penis, without the PRP. I'll update from this point forward on a monthly basis, aside from any major improvement (in which case I will post), and feel free to ask any questions if you guys want.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I've measured myself for a baseline, and I am still at exactly 7 inches length, with a girth of 5.5 inches at the base, and 4.5 inches at the tip under the head. As far as I can remember, before Peyronie's my penis was always the same girth from base to tip, so I consider that to be girth loss at the tip of an inch. It feels as though there is almost a sheath of fibrosis wrapped around the top third of my penis which has yet to calcify. As you can all see, I am doing everything in my power to prevent that.

hope794

• Solid Contributor
« Reply #805 on: July 11, 2018, 06:23:22 PM »

Thank you for updating us!!!

Tony52

• Voting Member
« Reply #806 on: July 17, 2018, 05:31:25 PM »

JS1991 -  Thanks so much for taking the time to keep this forum updated on your progress. Personally, I'm very interested in your stem cell journey.  Congratulations on the early improvement that you have already noticed, and I wish you a full recovery in the days/months ahead.  Your determination and commitment to alleviating your condition coupled with your willingness to share your journey is admirable, and I believe you will reap the benefits of your effort while helping numerous others at the same time.  Best Of Luck, and thanks again.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]   Go Up