It's a fact Jack

Previous topic - Next topic

Alibaba

One of the most important parts of dealing with Erectile Dysfunction is what to do about it.

Sclerotherapy is rare or not done in the U.S. because it almost always is temporary. Some it makes worse.

Pills can work for some, don't work for others. Various brands have side effects. Seeing colors, back pain, lower blood pressure, easier bleeding as examples.

Injections often work but also have issues, the most serious being Peyronies, scarring, fibrosis, priapism being the worst and pain the most common.

Vacuum pumping sucks.......literally and also in the sense it is inconvenient, takes time and the constriction rings hurt. Pumps wear out. I've worn out MANY.

Implants are considered the last resort but personally, I wish I had known about them and had one years ago to avoid the failures and complications from the other pay as you go temp fix for the moment treatments. Overall, an implant would have been cheaper than 2 decades of the others combined plus having less risk of losing size and the scaring from the others.  It is very very hard to get your head wrapped around getting an implant because once you have one, you can never go back to your natural state. The inside of your cavernosa is like hundreds of thin little flaps.  Once a metal rod is rammed through them to insert the implant, they are ruined forever. That is hard to accept. No return. BUT implants work! They work well!  The VERY most important decision once you decide on one is to find a doctor worthy of your business.

1)If he does not answer your questions, ditch his a$$. Any good doctor who loves what he does will be happy to answer your questions.  

2)Make sure the answers the doctor gives you match the experiences of others and not some generic answer the implant manufacturer gives them on a form. You want results, not sales hype.

3) EXPERIENCE.  Studies have shown as well as patient satisfaction, that the more implant experience a surgeon has had, the better the results. One doctor will tell you that you cannot have a 3 piece because you have had a hernia repair, or prostatectomy (both my experiences with some quacks). Another will tell you that you can maybe, but he/she/it might have to change what you get in surgery. I will tell you, that a surgeon who has installed many implants successfully (an important word), will tell you that it is extremely rare they cannot install a 3 piece implant, the gold standard and most commonly used. 2 of the most highly regarded implanters in the United States and both world-renowned in the number they do, told me that most people who get an implant are of the age that most have had hernias, abdominal surgeries, diabetes, bad hearts, sick dicks with weak erections and several treatments for years, so your issues are seldom an issue. A good doctor with experience already knows several ways to deal with any issue you have so you do not have to accept less than optimal results.

4) My personal observation is the sooner a person intervenes in their Erectile Dysfunction, the better their results, especially with an implant. When a person studies the results and looks at the pictures of geezer's implant stories and young man's implant stories, the chances the young man has a beautiful, large, and fabulous cock are better than the old coot (my category) Who had diddled around with 6 other half-assed fixes for 10 years first. Lost blood flow is lost time, more scar tissue, fewer options, lost size.

5) Not all implants cost $80,000 U.S.  Very good doctors will install a 3 piece for around $25,000, 2018 value, give or take a few thousand.

6) Of the 4 ways, I am aware of installing an implant, the scrotal approach seems to give the doctor the best access to measure properly. I still do not see that is optimal with the circumcision scar access nor the infra-pubic. Simple dynamics and mechanics say it is not as well as a couple of top docs. Only 1 doctor that I have ever heard of installs an implant through the backside of the scrotal sack and I think that is a very novel approach that has the direct advantage of less loss of feeling in the front where you want it. If you watch a circumcision scar implant, it is near impossible for them to keep a sterile surgical field. Watch close and you will see scrotal skin contact from time to time in surgery. Basically, our bodies are sterile inside. 99% of all infections are from bacteria introduced from your skin outside the body.

7) Because a doctor was trained by a high volume implanter does not make him the best. As an example, Dr. Perito makes a fortune every year teaching how to install an implant. 20 minutes of training on 1 person will not give all the experience you need to be the best nor teach you how to deal with each varying situation. Given that, all surgeons had their first patient though some were innovators, some A students and some barely passed the class. All are called doctors though.

8) Back to the same old $#it. RESEARCH WELL!  Pick an experienced doctor. The local witch doctor, part-time mortician with enough credit left on his credit card to purchase supplies from Boston Scientific may not be your best choice even if he gives you a price of $18,000. It is an expensive and traumatic issue to deal with to try to get screw-up fixed and you may well be the loser in the end.

9) THINK.  If something does not seem right, ASK. Then ASK again because quite frankly, some people are idiots and give very bad advice.  

Cheers to men striving to once again be boys.  
Milam 1/13/16-LGX 21cm - BAD service & surgical outcome Hated infrapubic.
Kramer revision 3/1/17 Titan 22cm + 1.5 cm extenders

Hawk

Alibaba,

That is without a doubt a must-read post to anyone suffering from ED regardless of the cause, regardless of the age.  It is the kind of post that I never expect to get buried because it will find a spot in the "Highlights" topics that is a sticky at the top of this board.  Thanks for taking the time to share.

For those that don't know him,  Alibaba is the top poster on the FT forum and more than the quantity, he is known for the quality of his posts.  Dr. Kramer also made a video of Alibaba's implant surgery that Dr. Kramer posted on Youtube.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

peyronies_dave

Unfortunately for those of us in the UK without the means to go private and pay for our treatment, we have relatively little choice over the surgeon performing the implant surgery on the NHS. I am currently on the waiting list for implant along with grafting and reconstruction courtesy of my 'complex' Peyronies and associated ED. I trust the consultant surgeon I have ended up being referred to, and my research suggests he is certainly well experienced in this procedure, but there's no doubting I would have preferred to have been able to find him (or someone else) through my own informed research rather than the postcode lottery system that the NHS provides.  
UK-based, mid-fifties, 'complex' peyronie's with ED, awaiting graft + implant surgery on NHS

Hawk

Quote from: pfract on October 10, 2018, 11:08:23 AM
Hey admin/mods: this post needs to be sticky.

I already made it a permanent part of our "Highlights" topic right at the top of this board.

Pfract

By the way... Here is Alibaba's revision video. This alone should prove Alibaba's authenticity. Who else can say they have their nickname on their implant video?

https://youtu.be/0Jdn0Eu3sGg

TonySa

Thanks for sharing Alibaba. There's a post on FT of a implant strategy to minimize size loss, infections etc by Dr Eid.  Wonder if we could add that here as a sticky as well?
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Hawk

Tsanchez, That was my post on FT.  I will post it here.

Alibaba

I know the portion of my post dealing with implants is long and I have already received messages complaining that an implant may not be an option or affordable for many but I dwell on the implant more for the following reasons:

1) Like the sclerotherapy, there is no reversing an implant. You cannot undo what has been damaged.

2) Pills and the vacuum pump are treatments you can start or stop at any time with no consequences in most cases.

Cheers all. Have a great day. You never know how many you have so make the best of it.  
Milam 1/13/16-LGX 21cm - BAD service & surgical outcome Hated infrapubic.
Kramer revision 3/1/17 Titan 22cm + 1.5 cm extenders