News:

Welcome to the Peyronies Forum

Well, hello

Previous topic - Next topic

z01

Age?

What did your medical doctor conclude?

He (my GP) is almost certain it's Peyronies Disease but thinks it could be CC due to a lack of other symptoms commonly associated with Peyronies Disease. He has referred me to an urologist but that will be in a few months time (praise Canadian medicare wait times). I doubt the CC part though since my father does not have this issue nor do any of my brothers. So genetics seems to be unlikely(?)

How long have you had symptoms?

Since puberty I think. Not sure though because I seem to recall that as a child, it was straight. At around the age of 12 or so, I took multiple strikes to the groin area while defending myself in a schoolyard brawl which may have caused quite a bit of damage. Later on, I took such damage throughout the years both due combat related/training injuries (ex-army), sports (various martial arts). Based on what I know, Peyronies Disease is normally caused by some form of injury, however, what if this injury took place before major development (aka puberty)? I guess these are questions I should ask the urologist though and not just a GP in a few months.

My symptoms are further complicated by the fact that I am uncut, and that my foreskin actually did not separate until I had realized there was an issue when I was about 18 at which point I manually stretched it down over a period of a few weeks so that it could fully retract. My doc had little idea why that was the case as well as according to him, it should have come off on its own.

Personally though I agree with my GP when he thinks it's Peyronies Disease, it seems very likely to me upon assessing what i remember far as my habits went and the numerous injuries I took.

What are your symptoms?

Downwards curve of 20-30 degrees starting at 3" from the base; it's perfectly normal other than this, doesn't curve left or right. The curve cuts off 1" off straight line length. The bottom part of the skin does seem very stretched when 100% erect though, it does seem to me that the skin on the top is longer than the bottom and thus causes the curve as the shorter skin pulls it into such a shape.

Flaccid or semi erect, you couldn't tell there was a problem at all. It's not until it becomes... I guess 80% or so erect that the curve starts to become visible at 100% before it's fully visible.

What treatments have you tried and what were the results?

Currently trying a traction device (X4 labs) out. I've only had it for a week so will be awhile before anything observable will come of it I guess. I've read vitamin E also helps, so I guess will start adding that to the regimen.

Do you have insurance or means to get medical treatment?

Praise Canadian medicare. I'm serious this time.

where are you in dealing with the psychological aspects of Peyronies Disease?

Neutral. This is a problem recently brought to my attention so I'm looking at a way to fix it. Don't see any reason to be either positive or negative, when one looks at a problem one looks at how to solve the problem. That is all.

Are you in a relationship?

Yes, in fact my partner is the one who recently told me that the curvature actually hurt her at times when we were in any position face to face. This actually made me feel terrible about the entire thing as she was hiding the fact that she at times would be hurt and still kept quiet about it for my sake.  

Paolo

Hi z01, IMHO the Phimosis (Phimosis is defined as the inability to retract the foreskin) and numerous injuries has probably caught up with you as you age and contributed to your down curve.
In my opinion micro-traumas during normal sex catch up with us, and like me you just awaken one day to find your penis misshapen, Peyronie's really does suck  :'(

Some School kids can be proper B*s*a*ds  >:( , seems you have had it tough  :(

Hope your future appointment goes well with the Urologist (presume he specializes in Peyronie's)

Meanwhile trust you have no pain, that would be a bonus for sure  :)
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.