News:

Welcome to the Peyronies Forum

Hello Again

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunchbox

Greetings everyone.  It's been a very long time since I have been a part of these forums so I figured I would start in this section.  I was diagnosed with Peyronies Disease back in 2003 after a long round of levaquin which I still believe played a significant role.  Looking back I also had a horrible diet at the time and later found out I had some pretty severe food allergies that could have also contributed.  Around 2006 the 3 or so plaques (one larger than a quarter at the left base) has completed gone away as well as any pain.  Unfortunately the hinge at the base and a small dent remained.  I did not do any treatment whatsoever which I regret as I probably would have been able to remodel.  Despite that I was able to continue a pain free sex life with my wife.  I do suffer from anxiety and mild depression (even before Peyronies Disease) and the Peyronies Disease left me feeling insecure which manifested into performance anxiety.  

Move forward to today and my ability to focus too much on things is in full swing.  I have gotten into a mode where I am inspecting constantly because I am concerned about a reoccurrence.  I think there may be another dent on the right side just under one that I knew has been there for the past 13 years.  The problem is I just can't remember if it was there from before or not.  I have no pain and no plaque and have not had any injuries (that I know of).  I see the writing on the wall, the chances of me having another episode of Peyronies Disease simply because I was looking for it with no pain or new plaques to speak of is highly unlikely (not impossible though).  I have no idea what spurred me to start obsessing over this again.  The current area of concern is so small it can barely been seen.  If I run my finger along the base I can feel a slight dip but it also could be where a vein runs through.  

I have googled recurrence rates and wasn't able to find a lot of info.  I know a few members here have experienced more than one episode but I wanted to hear from others on how common that is.  I asked my Uro about it who just kind of shook his head and said don't worry about it.  He also gave me a quick exam to see if anything was detectable with palpated.  

Thanks in advance guys!    

Paolo

Lunchbox, why not boost your intake of vitamin B1, B3 & B6, all help with anxiety.

Have also heard good things about GABA but as yet not tried it.
:)  
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.