just got my penimaster pro and need advice.

Previous topic - Next topic

moosegoose

hi I've tried my penimaster pro for first time tonight. as I've read and now experienced its quite small where the gland goes in. I found that i need at least two full pumps to help it in. but once its in i give it a full outward pump to take half the vacuum off. not read anything related about this process but it seems to work well. Would appreciate feed back though from a more experienced user. I gave it 45 mins and had no slippage, no pain and no redness. so I'm wondering how long i should go for. I'm planning on using it every day to correct my penis curve.

Pfract

I only tried the rod device before, which people say to use only a certain amount of time and then give it a break to allow circulation. I know that with the x4 some people clock a lot of time, but the penimaster i have never seen? why is it different from the X4? i thought the X4 was one of the best?

Gutted

Moose

I use Penimaster .... it's a great device. My experience of the strap based extenders prior to getting the Penimaster suction mechanism was very bad. I can do a 2-3hr session in Penimaster quite easily (as you know, you're supposed to take all extenders off after that period for a 20-30 min break anyway)

Two things I would say.

I think the different colour urethane collars that come with the unit are different sizes i.e. to deal with different Glans sizes. I use the vanilla colour and it takes one pump to lock on. You have to wait about 10seconds after the initial pump to allow the vacuum to completely 'finish' pulling you into the cup .... maybe that's why you have to back off some pressure after 2 pumps or you need a different collar size??

The other thing I have noticed is that when the urethane collars eventually become worn/stretched, I do need more than one pump and the hold is not so secure. Putting new collars on solves the problem.

Finally, I would say, if you got it from the UK agent, iMedicare, their after-sales support I have found to be excellent with any questions you may have,.

Hope that's some help

moosegoose

pfract I've not tried the x4 but from a google search it attaches the same as the size genetics. i tried lots of combinations but it would allay slip out at some point for me. i had no problems what so ever with the penimater. plus my bend is quite close to the gland so the penimaster is ideal for me. thanks gutted for your reply. I'm using the medium one which is now getting better. when its worn i will give the larger one a go .im now going for thee hours a day for a week a two i take a break after a hour and a half though. aiming for 4 hours a day with a break in between..

Pfract

moosegoose

i added a bit of heat today and got too say it made a huge difference. after half an hour i had to add a couple of small extension rods to take slack up.. early days yet but i will def heat n stretch when possible.

Gutted

Good sign   :)

Are you heating before you even start ...... try heating a min of an hour before you start as well

I have actually read that after the first 20 mins on your 'base' rod length setting you can open it up. You may have seen the screw adjusters at the base of the rods. You can unscrew those and they lengthen the extender without you having to take it off or add more rods. The idea is, you do your min 20 mins sort of 'warm up' and then extend to keep the traction at a level where only 2 bars (on the scale of the 4 bar tension markers ) are showing. 2 bars showing is apparently the right tension but not initially, you just start with the base setting first (for the first 20 -30 mins)

When I did it I didn't extend for the first week. I just used my base setting to remain on the right side of caution of over tension

moosegoose

ok thanks for that info gutted. i I'm learning all the time. its a bit of a learning curve too coin a cliché. think I'm going too run out of that lube they give you. is there a good alternitive. read it should not be oil based.

Pfract

Hey guys... I keep thinking... Why don't these devices come with a gauge meter for us to be able to measure the strength we are using and to be safe?  

Gutted

pfract - this model has a sort of gauge built in from 230g - 1150g with associated recommended tension guidelines in the user manual

moose -  the UK agent ImediCare sell all the spares and also tubes of the lube online / phone order. By the way, I forgot to say that I would remove the heat about an hour from the end of your session or however long it takes you to cool right back down to normal. My thinking is that, the heat at that level (Hothands heatpacks) can denature collagen molecules (and therefore maybe contributing to effective re-modelling of the scar tissue). So you don't want the scar(s) to be able to 'shrink' back whilst it is pliable from the heat and not stretched under tension. You want the scar to cool down in the stretched state in the extender, in the hope those collagen molecules will 'stay' in a straight / more aligned manner after cooling, if you see what I mean

Pfract

gutted: any chance you can show me?

"Advantages: the traffic light system (green, yellow and red) indicates the recommended setting for the belt and aids in getting you results even faster."

I am saying this because there are some medical papers from reputable doctors talking about the forces you can apply at max to your penis, and all the websites of these tools look like snake oil, full of medical errors. Yes, i do know that traction works, but all the websites are so dubious, lacking proof, medical studies, and even the extender themselves lack very basic things IMHO!

i would love to hear from you on this gutted.

Gutted

Hopefully I've manged to get the pic attached OK  ;D

The extender rods are spring loaded and have graduations on them as shown in the attached diagram from the instruction manual.

It states, after a 20 min warm up period (at your base rod length), the best results are obtained adjusting to between 690 - 1150gms. It also states that longer periods at the lower end of this range are more effective than shorter periods at the higher end of the recommended range.

I haven't researched effective tension levels for Peyronies (if there is any) as my thinking was that, Peyronies Disease needs the same effect on the tissue as someone using these as Penis extenders, therefore the instruction manual should apply. However, I take the view that you are injured with Peyronies Disease, whereas not all users looking for length from these devices are. Therefore, I wouldn't jack up the tension to the top end of the range. I'd be slow and cautious, keeping the tension at the low end of the range.

This unit is used and prescribed by the NHS where applicable, so that also gave me a degree of comfort about its pullling force adjustment / recommendations.

Hope that's the type of answer you were hoping for

moosegoose

thanks again gutted removing the heat near end sounds like good advice. so will add that to routine.

Pfract

Thank you! It's good to know you cangauge tension properly too with that device. But, who came to that conclusion about the stretch levels?

This all thing of being slow and cautious is vague. I tmddptpamdd what you say, but where do we have a protocol that we could use, showing things like a gym plan? Same like the ved protocol?  

Gutted

Yes, it's true, there is no tried, tested and developed over years Protocol for extenders and Peyronies. I take your point.

My view is, these devices have historically 'evolved' over decades for penis extension and are are known to work for that purpose. The recommended tension settings come from those successes.

You're right, there are no facts specifically for Peyronies that I have found, but we need the extender to have the same effect on scar tissue as it does on healthy tissue (to get growth). I read that it is the promoted new growth in and around the scar that can help straighten rather than the tension 'straightening' the misaligned collagen fibres as you might think was the case. Therefore, logically they have applied the same tension schedules I guess.

There has obviously been success with traction for Peyronies but to your point, that is why I am cautious with tension, because as you say, the schedules are not Peyronies Disease specific. They are schedules to grow/stretch healthy undamaged tissue.

Maybe it would be useful if all the Forum members who have had surgery could chime in here, reporting what their surgeons have said about traction schedules both pre- and post- operation ... ??

Pfract

It would be awesome if they did, but normally nobody shares those details. Even the medical papers i read on the subject, don't mention traction force. But i don know of a medical paper, that states the maximum force/angle of bending you can apply to your penis, by Dr. Goldstein. And i can post it here.

Maybe you and i can work together to create some sort of a plan/protocol, together? in the most correct way possible?

Gutted

Would be interesting to see what that paper says thanks pfract.

I'm happy to help where I can of course, but I think there is very little data available that we could even work with to come up with some ideas. We wouldn't want to get accused of causing damage  ;D  Let me know what you're thinking...

One basic and interesting point about this though, is that many 'noose' based extenders just work on the basis of adding or subtracting rods to lengthen / shorten the frame. There is no tension gauge.

Also, obviously, the tension generated by noose based or suction cup extenders will vary depending on where the attachment ends up sitting on you anatomically e.g. sometimes I could get pulled further into the suction cup than others. That effectively lengthens the stretch / increases tension (which I could certainly feel) ending up with me having to make adjustments. Fortunately, the unit I use has a basic form of tension gauge and an easy way to adjust.

Thinking about it as I write. Maybe we should start with recommending specific quuality extenders (like we clearly do with VED) that are easy and predictable to fit, comfortable to use, have a form of tension gauge and an easy way of adjusting tension on the frame???

Pfract

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wlQB23osRU&spfreload=10

Here is the video. My netbook is having an issue with the flash plugin so it's very slow but it's in the middle of the video that the doctor talks about it. i am not sure if it helps us have an idea or not of what to do with the traction device?

And yes, definitely we could. I also have had through out the years some ideas on improvement of penile extenders, but i doubt it'll ever come to the market...

Gutted

Sorry Pfract, I can't watch video's with warnings of graphic surgical procedures ... I'm not good with stuff like that   ;D

Stabler

The video is very informative, thank you for sharing it

Stabler67
Moderator since 2015- Missouri- I work in the medical field and have strong knowledge of insurance and how to obtain coverage for medication and other treatments. Being a woman I do not have Peyronies but you can ask me anything. I am happy to help.