News:

Welcome to the Peyronies Forum

Previous topic - Next topic

jefrec

Hi everyone.  I'll just go ahead and answer the questions:
Age? 58
What did your medical doctor conclude? Peyronie's w/ 40 degree curve to left. He wanted to jump to Xiaflex but I told him I wanted to wait 6-12 mos for things to stabilize.
How long have you had symptoms? 6 months
What are your symptoms? left curve, and lately hourglassing at base
What treatments have you tried and what were the results? Vitaman E and ubiquinol, no result. Now trying castor oil (Thacker's treatment)
Do you have insurance or means to get medical treatment? I think so
where are you in dealing with the psychological aspects of Peyronies Disease?  Talking with spouse
Are you in a relationship? yes, married.

JohnWright

Welcome!  I haven't been here on the Forum very long myself, but it has been my experience that there are a boatload of guys (and a few supporting gals) that I have found ready to share info, collaborate, encourage, and be a sounding board.

Arriving here is one of the best things you could do.

Also, I am glad you can discuss with spouse. This issue is complicated enough without mucking up marital communications, which the male persona trends to excel at.

ArtDude

ArtDude, from Canada
28yo, I used to have congenital curvature (90deg down curve). I had a successful surgery in 2016 (26 yo) with Dr Egydio. Living happily ever since.

Read my story and see my progress report  on this forum

Jonbinspain

I would certainly add traction to your regime. That and/or VED will help with blood flow and quite possibly mitigate any further worsening of the curvature.

Also look at Citrulline Malate, ALC, and look at other oral treatments.

Re Xialflex. It is indicated once the disease has become more stable. Be aware that it does not always work, and it's very expensive.  

jefrec

Thanks for the welcome and the great suggestions.  I will look into them, though I will likely not take ALC because I take a thyroid medication. I've read that ALC can suppress one's uptake of thyroid meds and I can't mess with that.

JohnWright

Now that you mention it, the BEST strategy for anyone on this forum is to consult with a nutritionist when it comes to supplementing, especially when taking other meds. There are lots of "do this" and "take that" suggestions on any forum and this one is no exception -- and everyone's intentions are commendable no doubt. Folks just want to be helpful.

While there is an "average" across the spectrum of humanity, and while supplements are primarily food based, and while these things can help us draw general assumptions, every single human body is different and variations in bodily response (positive and negative) are all over the map.

The sheer volume and variety of complications, health conditions, and diseases that some of our members have should give all Forum members pause when it comes to "recommending" any specific regime of supplements. Seriously, eye-popping is the best way to describe some of the unrelated conditions folks have. And, throw in curved dick just for fun -- and we're talking some critical consequences for screwing up somebody's life.

LWillisjr

jefrec,

I would suggest you investigate more into Xiaflex. IF you are considering it all, i think the sooner the better.
The longer you wait the less likely it will work.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History