Nutritional IV therapy-concerns and my experience

Previous topic - Next topic

Light Devours Dark

I have a lot of other health issues besides Peyronie's. Bulging discs in lower back, myofascial pain syndrome, chronic fatigue, sarcopenia, weakness, tendinitis in both forearms, piriformis syndrome, and so on. I'm in such bad shape that my girlfriend pretty much does everything to take care of me, I feel like I'm 80. I've had horrible luck with doctors, and I've been to a lot. I started seeing a new integrative medicine Dr. who does IV therapy and more blood work than my other doctors. I'm only 31. Diagnosed with Peyronie's 14 months ago after having a cystoscopy. Started with a small lump on the left side. It is just gotten worse over time. I've been on all the recommended supplements and tried traction but I think I made it worse during my time with the traction device. Now I'm hesitant to try VED. I used to only have a 15° bend up and to the left. I now have four nodules on the left side, the one at the base is the worst. And then three on the right, and same with one being bad at the base. Then I have a cord that runs along the top of the middle off to the right. Now I only have a 5° bend up but have lost about 2 inches in length and have some ED and more pain. I've been to two urologist. I tried pentox but couldn't handle the side effects. I'm scheduled to see another one that is supposed to specialize in Peyronie's more. So hopefully I will get a ultrasound done.

I just wanted to share my experience with IV therapy and its effect on my Peyronie's and get anyone else's thoughts on it. I've been doing one IV a week. I've done two Myers cocktails, a PTC, two more Myers cocktail, EDTA chelation, and another PTC, with glutathione after some of them. At first I thought it was really helping especially with the pain during erections and my erections felt better in general. However, after the second PTC (the last IV I did) I developed an aching on the left side of two of my nodules when flaccid. I never had much aching or pain when flaccid so this was strange. I will not be doing any more of the PTC but I am scheduled to do another EDTA chelation this week followed by a urine test to check for heavy metals. I already had a hair test with minor results. PTC is Phosphatidylcholine and/or Phosphatidyl choline. The Myers cocktail is a mixture of vitamins and minerals mainly high-dose of vitamin C.

I've done some searching on the forums here and came up with a few results on Phosphatidylcholine, only the oral version though and the injectable cosmetic mesotherapy which I think also includes other ingredients. I saw one lady on another site commenting that the mesotherapy help with her keloids, which I thought was interesting. PTC is supposed to have an anti-fibrotic effect on collagen specifically in the liver according to my studies so I don't know why I have developed this aching unless it is part of a healing process. I haven't noticed much difference in my plaques and nodules other than aching while flaccid.

I searched through EDTA chelation here also and came to the conclusion that there is no evidence supporting it even though a lot of websites claim it can help with calcification and Peyronie's.

I'm concerned that the IV therapy may lead to worsening my Peyronie's especially with the high doses of vitamin C which I'm going to have them lower after reading about the possibility of it causing excess collagen, even though that seems to be very debatable.

I am nervous about my upcoming EDTA chelation IV after my experience with the second PTC. I'm not completely sure if the PTC is to blame but it seems very coincidental that the aching started around four hours after getting home. I never experienced that with any of the other IVs. I have complete ingredient list of each of the IVs.

The chelation contains 500 mg/mL vitamin C, sodium bicarbonate 8.4%, magnesium sulfate 50%, lidocaine 2%, pyridoxine, dexapanthenol, thimine, heeparin, B complex, hydroxocobalamin, EDTA 150 mg/mL. Does anyone have any reason to believe that any of these ingredients could be harmful to Peyronie's? That is my biggest question.

The IVs have really helped with most of my other problems especially fatigue and pain. My IV doc doesn't think that any of the IVs should worsen my Peyronie's, in fact she thinks they should help. However she isn't a urologist, so. I'm struggling to decide if I should continue even though it is helping my overall health problems.

I'm interested to see what others have to say about this. Sorry if this post seems a bit long and disorganized, I use a microphone to dictate text. I'll do my best to continue to update as I get the IVs.

Edit: based on my experience I would not recommend IV therapy specifically for treating Peyronie's. It's expensive and I think there are better options to pursue.

goodluck

If you want to increase your vitamin C levels I would look in to liposomal vitamin C.  It is encapsulated (usually in lecithin) so that it get through your stomach acid intact and you can absorb almost all of it in the intestine.

They say it is as effective as IV therapy.  I don't know that for sure but I read in many places that it is close to it.  It is not cheap but it is much cheaper than an IV session.

Many people are doing High dose vit C or IV with vit C to combat Cancer and to support weakened Adrenal Glands.  I have never heard of it for Peyronies.   But if someone has I am sure they will chime in.
Good Luck.

Light Devours Dark

Thanks for the reply. That's something I was going to mention about the high dose of vitamin C for combating cancer. I used to actually make my own liposomal vitamin C with sunflower lecithin and some kind of cherry powder, I didn't get much benefit out of it so gave up. I tried a few products before making my own. I'm actually concerned about the high dosing of vitamin C making Peyronie's worse after reading more about it.

I think if any of the IVs were to help Peyronie's it probably be the chelation with EDTA. Seems it's all speculation though.

I've gotten to a point with my Peyronie's that I'm worried about anything making it worse even if it could benefit my body in some other way.

Light Devours Dark

I did another IV this Monday. Unfortunately, I am sad to report that after waking up today I noticed my morning erection was curving to the left around 15 to 20°. Definitely noticed a big difference when I looked down at it. I am extremely confident that something to do with the IV therapy has caused it to get worse so I will not be doing any more of them at all. I hope that others can learn from this. My theory as it did have something to do with the high doses of vitamin C or just the high dosing of stuff in general. I would stick to oral supplementation from now on to take things slow and have an opportunity to back off if noticing negative changes.

I will now be pursuing VED and look forward to seeing my new urologist. I'm very sad about this but trying to stay positive and hoping that the curve will straighten back out like it did before.