still have pain 4 months after surgery

Previous topic - Next topic

azdo

so i had a curvature on my penis, it was almost 90 degrees down, i was told by the doctor its something i was born with
had the surgery 4 months ago
results was actually really good
2 months after the surgery it started to curve again but to the right side, not sure why
its not something i cant tolerate considering the pre surgery condition i had so i have come to accept the situation and my wife also do.
the thing is, i still have pains when getting erections at night
i have tried to isolate the pain origin, it looks like the skins it self is what hurts so bad, its a burning sensation of sorts
i asked my doctor he said its normal
i would like to know if he is right ? is it normal to still have pain this late ?

LWillisjr

I would think that after 4 months that most of your pain should be gone now. To have pain 4 months later seems a little unusual to me.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Pfract

Normally when penis curvature recurs is because the doctor didn't do a very good job. Is there any chance you can go to another doctor for another opinion?  

JohnWright

AZDO -- what's your status? Pain? Curving to the other side?

In June 2016 I learned that my curve was congenital. The first two urologists I visited told me I had Peyronie's, and they both palpated my dick and pointed to where the plaques were -- they both pointed to different places!!

A third urologist who actually specializes in the male dick, palpated my erection and told me flat out, "There is no plaque here." What's more, he was confident that my curved dick was not Peyronie's but congenital.

Surgery was June 24th, 2016. Healing process is amazing. Today is July 10th. I can hardly believe it's been two weeks. All is well so far.

daved2

John W. T Glad to hear your recovery is going well. I have a similar issue, and am scheduled to have surgery the first week of August with Dr Kuehhas in London. I live in Las Vegas, and heard he is the best. Did you have a Nesbit procedure?
50 years old, tried 5 rounds of Xiaflex, had Egydio grafting surgery, then Stage sutures for residual curve, then plication in 9/18, now finally I have a straight penis

JohnWright

daved2 -- I opted for plication only, not the Nesbit.

For sure, it's up to each guy.

Of course, the consideration is length. American culture suggests a real man can only please his partner with a foot long shlong.

Ha. I doubt the average woman could even handle that. So, back to reality, anything in the average range and a man should be thankful. Now that I think about it, Old Man here on the forum has a story he could tell about his uncle. I'd be curious to know if the uncle's uber soldier was practical or frustrating.

Anyway, I had a little length to spare. My 50 degree curve made it a little puzzling to measure, but when I was younger and my curve was only 10 degrees, I was at 7 inches of length and 5 inches of girth. That's when I was 20 years old.

At the 12th day after plication surgery, I had my first complete full on erection in concert with:
- Not needing to do a deep breathing exercise to keep from panicking*,
- While conveniently changing clothes,
- My wife and a tape measure were at hand!

Coincidence? Hehe. I had finally mustered the courage to push the envelope, if you will. I asked my wife to see what kind of results she could get. After confirming that I was not out of my mind, she obliged me.

We pushed that envelope, she did the measuring while I focused on getting through the process, and the numbers came out like this: 6 1/2 inches in length, and 6 inches in girth. I was psychologically prepared to be down at 5 inches. It was a massive curve, and I would have been grateful to be straight and 5.

*I note this because of the presence of the plications. Having them on my dick is obviously new territory with a dick I've otherwise known my whole life. It's like having a new soldier in a way. I've no idea what the interaction of those plications are with erections. In my imagination, the shaft infrastructure is accustomed to filling with blood in a certain curved fashion after 40 years of erections. Then, one day, the entire infrastructure is being retooled and constrained against enormous cellular pressure! Whoa!

Each day, as my body dared to test the waters a little bit more, there was identifiable strain on the plication points. But, I am amazed at how quickly, I mean fast, that my shaft adjusted to the plications -- as measured by pain / discomfort / panic. I had sensational awareness of the plication points on days 5 through 13, as my shaft assimilated. I am very content today. Still lots more healing to go, but definitely over the worst part.

Good luck in London!

daved2

Thanks JohnW for the detailed account of your after surgery progress. I presume I will undergo the Stage plication technique. I have watched plenty of videos, and feel it is the procedure to get the job done. I started with approx 45 degree left curvature. I did 4 rounds of Xiaflex, and now I am at around 30 degrees congenital curve. I hope to get my penis straight, without too much size loss.
50 years old, tried 5 rounds of Xiaflex, had Egydio grafting surgery, then Stage sutures for residual curve, then plication in 9/18, now finally I have a straight penis