New member from Florida

Previous topic - Next topic

Seanman

Hi, I'm a new member from Florida. Unfortunately, got injured about 2 months ago and started doing online research. I have an ~ 40-60% curvature near the tip (upper 1/3rd). Some pain initially, but that has subsided. Biggest "negative" is the erection look, which is also having a psychological effect!

First, I went to a local urologist. Obviously this type of injury and discussing it is difficult enough. I have mentioned it to a few close friends who gave me the funny look like what are you talking about – so, not a widespread issue in the news? After examination, the doctor could feel the plaque and has me on a 12 week verapamil Iontopheresis program, along with using vitamin E and using a Firma 3G VED. I asked about injections or a more rigorous program, and he said the drawn out process he uses has had some success, and lessens pain issues, so we shall see.

Took a bit to learn the VED sensation seal process, but better now. I don't see any noticeable changes after 4 weeks of treatment, and not really sure if we are talking about a many month (or years) healing process? After using the VED I try and massage the plaque area and apply a gentle bending process too.

Any other advice or recommendations is appreciated!

NeoV

I highly recommend traction, but I would avoid any bending of any kind. Traction can be done by hand or with a device, and is still the only thing that helps me. It completely removed the hinge effect I had and is removing a new indent I got last year.

QuackAttack

Seanman,

Do not expect rapid success with anything. Most of us go into this blind with no idea that such a condition ever existed and with hope of a quick fix.  What works for one person doesn't work for another. Be persistent.

LWillisjr

I think if you see no improvement after your 6th injection, that most doctors would stop the VI's once you get to that point. If you are seeing some improvement after your 6th injection, then it would make sense to continue.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Seanman

Thanks so much for the input. My doctor told me today that my plaque was along the entire penis length, which I did not know. I guess you have to know what to ask, as I thought it was simply in the area of the bend. But, he also said he has seen about 33% width reduction after 5 treatments, so I was encouraged. I will certainly ask him about traction on my next visit.

Seanman

Update - after 12 treatments, while I have had plaque reduction, my urologist is referring me to the Florida/Jacksonville Mayo Clinic. He had never seen the problem extent along the entire shaft that I have, so he is hoping that Xiaflex will help? I will have to do more research on the treatment options/plans they have and update the forum later. Apparently, most patients have a problem "area," and not to the extent that I have now. I was also told to keep using the VED daily, as I have seen variations in curvature and location over the past few months - so movement and changes are a positive sign. Thanks  

Seanman

Interesting visit with Mayo Clinic this week. Had quite an extensive examination along with a penile Doppler ultrasound in 2 stages - took about 90 minutes overall. Doctor found 1 major plaque area near the head, along with other scattered areas. He put me on Trental right away/2 times per day at 400mg, and then in about 30 days wants to start Xiaflex (after insurance approval). His method consists of 8 shots, with each set of two a week apart, then about a month in between for the next series. Not sure if the norm, but for him, much safer. He noted about a 60 degree curvature, with initial hope to reduce at least 50% or more before trying anything else. More to come later....