Handle snapping on SomaErect

Previous topic - Next topic

PeetyPeet

Hi guys,

So I've just had my second handle snap on a SomaErect, bought from Imedicare (UK distributor). That's two in as many months. The first time Imedicare sent me a replacement free of charge. I think this time they will be more reluctant.

I'm clearly doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what. Just now, I'd barely created a vacuum so it isn't that I'm overpumping. I'd also modified my grip so that I held the handle closer to its base where it joins the head, as I was concerned the first break was due to my holding the handle too far down its end.

Both breaks have occurred in the same location on the handle - just below the upper-must curve. Strangely there are no stress marks or cracks in the plastic prior to breaking.

Anyone else experienced this? Is my technique flawed? It's a shame - in terms of vacuum and ease of use the SomaErect is excellent, but it's proving less robust than my cheap sex-industry VED  :-\

P.s. I haven't used the handle as leverage to take off the cylinder for cleaning.  

Gutted

I had that happen on the same model purchased about 3 months ago. They were very professional and understanding and sent a replacement immediately and I got it the following day. I was impressed with that level of service. I didn't want any disruption to my treatment protocol, which they understood.

They told me that they were aware a specific batch having that weakness and they did not question that it could have been misuse. It wasn't. My first lever just came away like soft butter. Not even a snapping noise.

The replacement they sent has been fine so far. Although, having said that, like you, I am now being very particular about using the lever close to it's leverage joint to reduce any stress on the lever as much as possible

PeetyPeet

Thanks Gutted.

Hmm...perhaps I should email them again. Although, on this occasion there was a snapping noise...even though I hadn't applied much pressure. I received the same story when I emailed them the first time round. They were very professional. Twice in such a short time though, I'm concerned I'm cause.

If you don't mind my asking, how many times do you need to pump to engorge your penis to the level you wish. The instructions specify 3 times. I need a lot more however...perhaps up to 10 (I'm quite tight down there). I wonder if this amount of handle use is causing cumulative stress.

Gutted

I pump to no more than 50%

I would say it takes about 4 smooth and full strokes of the lever rather than multiple little quick pumps

I wait a few seconds between each lever stroke as well to let the negative pressure of each lever stroke take maximum effect before increasing the pressure again with another lever depression. That's a bit safer and gentler too, as there is no sudden and continual increase in pressure as you pump away on the lever quickly.

Also I found the 2 hours of preheating (heatpacks) loosens things significantly and makes inflation and the whole VED session 'feel' much better and looser if you know what I mean

PeetyPeet

4 deep strokes for 50%....it seems I'm probably pushing the handle beyond it's limits...although not by too much.

I've just taken the head unit apart. The handle should be quite easy to replace, assuming that you make sure the various rubber seals inside the unit remain in place and intact. I may email Imedicare to see if they have any spare handles lying around.  :D

I think a metal handle would be better. Looking inside the head unit, the handle pulls against  a pretty big metal spring. That's half the reason the vacuum is so good. However, it inevitably puts a lot of stress on the handle - perhaps too much stress for plastic. Although, I'm still confused as to why there were no stress marks prior to snapping.

I'm going to look for a metal worker who can recreate the handle in metal. If anyone has any suggestions as to an organisation could approach I'd be very grateful.  

PeetyPeet

For anyone who's interested I emailed both Imedicare and Augusta. Augusta haven't come back to me however Imedicare recommended that when pumping I place a finger between the handle and the head unit, just below where they join. They're also sending me another replacement head unit but this time and have asked I send the head unit and snapped handle back to them. They still say that the bad batch is to blame.