Congenital curvature

Previous topic - Next topic

HALIFAX_81

Hello Friends,

I am a 34 year male with Congenital Ventral Curvature (40 to 50 degrees). This affliction has caused me much grief and discomfort to my partners since the time I became sexually active. From posts on this forum I have learned about Dr. Tom Lue based out of UCSF Medical Center. I have not seen him yet but hope to in the near future. I do have an appointment with a local Urologist in April. I am hoping to get referred to D. Lue from him. Any advice  is welcomed. I plan on sharing my experience from pre-operation all the way to full recovery.

Thank you all for contributing to this forum. It has opened my eyes. The posts here have inspired me to commit to changing this issue that has been with me so long.

~HALIFAX  

Jimbruski

Halifax_81,

Welcome to the forum.  Dr. Lue is a great doctor from what I understand.  I have an appointment with him in July.  You will need a referral from your urologist so be sure to ask for one.  

Good luck and please do post your progress for the forum members to follow.  We're all interested in what works and what doesn't.  The general feeling on the forum is to stay away from surgery.  Exhaust all the other techniques available on the forum, (traction, VED, injections) before opting for surgery.

Waiting to hear from you,

Jimbruski  

Stabler

Hello Halifax_81

I have sent you a PM with some helpful links through out the forum, I want to suggest you go through the Survivors Guide first as it has allot of information that you will need and can use before the appt with the urologist.

Stabler67
Moderator since 2015- Missouri- I work in the medical field and have strong knowledge of insurance and how to obtain coverage for medication and other treatments. Being a woman I do not have Peyronies but you can ask me anything. I am happy to help.

HALIFAX_81

Thank you both Jimbruski and Stabler67! I really appreciate your advice.

Stabler67: I will definitely look through the Survivor's Guide and use it to prepare for my first meeting with the Urologist.

Jimbruski: Does it take a while to get an appointment with Dr. Lue? I have an insurance program that he accepts but do not have a referral yet.  

Jimbruski

Halifax_81,

You can, with a referral, get in to see Dr. Lue easily.  My appointment is in July because of the distance I have to travel and arranging for necessary time off.

Best Regards and keep in touch,

Jimbruski