Congenital Curvature Intro

Previous topic - Next topic

John_Cali

Hey! My name is John. I'm 23 years old. I've had a downward curve in my penis for as long as I can remember. I remember when I was really young that my mother would place my penis in my underwear upwards as a way to make it grow straight. I guess it didn't work.

My curve is between 35-45 degrees. I've been a lurker on here for a while now. I honestly just want to get this problem over with and get on with my life. So I've been researching the best ways to overcome this. This forum has really helped me out and helped me feel not so alone.

Since I live in the US, I've been deciding on either choosing Laurence Levine in Chicago or Tom Lue in San Francisco. I might see Tom Lue since I live nearby thankfully. I've read a lot of good things about Franklin Kuehhas but unfortunately, he's all the way in London.

I've recently emailed my GP about my concerns. I addressed it to him about a week or two ago. I asked if I could possibly have Peyronie's Disease. He said that I did not. But I know that things like this can't be told from just viewing them. I emailed him asking for a urologist and for an ultrasound to rule out Peyronie's for the sake of my sanity.

I am concerned about Peyronie's because inside of my curve, I have some very small cordlike bumps that can be felt if you really dig in there. I'm not sure if it's lymph channel inflamation or just a vein. I can get erections just fine and maintain them and have no pain. My curve has been the same as always. No change in angle nor size of erection. No denting or hinge effects.

Anyways, I believe I'll be on here constantly conversing with you guys from now on. Hope to hear from you!

Jimbruski

John,

Welcome to the forum.  

Make an appointment with Dr. Lue.  He truly is one of the best.

It's difficult to say whether you have Peyronies Disease or not.  You say your erections are ok.  So I assume intercourse is not a problem.?  Is that true?

Then again the cordlike bumps sound like it could be Peyronies Disease.  Where, on your penis, are these bumps?

Regardless, see Dr. Lue and get an official diagnosis.

Good Luck,

Jimbruski

John_Cali

Hey Jim!

And I agree that it is difficult to determine if I have peyronie's or not. I've had my curve for as long as I can remember. And the small wire-ish bumps have been there for as long as I can remember as well. When I went to my primary care doctor, he examined me and said that it is highly unlikely that I would have peyronie's. But I guess I'm not satisfied with his assumptions. I just want to be certain whether I have peyronie's or whether I do not.

And these bumps are on the inside of my curve. But there's a vein right in there so I might just be touching that. It's confusing. But i can feel similar ones on other parts of my penis where it is not curved, which just makes me feel that I'm just touching veins and lymph channels.

My primary care doctor has already responded to my email I sent earlier today! He told me he will contact the urologist at Kaiser Permanente. I will most likely ask them to do an ultrasound and test their knowledge on peyronie's and congenital curvature. If I end up needing further care (surgery), I would ask them to set me up with Dr. Lue. I believe that I would need a referral first to get an appointment with Lue, Levine, or Morey. It will most likely be Lue since I live near San Francisco.

I will post updates! And I will need that good luck!

Jonbinspain

The stress on the penis of a congenital curvature has been known to cause Peyronies. However, from what you describe it sounds unlikely that you have it.

Re surgery. It's an individual decision. Normally, we would only advise surgery if your curvature is sexually incapacitating you. Even with the world's best surgeons there are significant risks attached to surgery.

If you are not incapacitated sexually, the only other question is how much of an issue is this curvature to you?  Does it affect your self esteem? Your sexual confidence? Your self confidence overall?  If you feel that it's affecting virtually your entire life, then maybe surgery is the way to go. The Stage Technique appears to be the best available surgical solution available.

A Doppler ultrasound will establish if you have a Peyronies or not.  

John_Cali

Hey Jonbinspain!

I've been dealing with my curve my entire life. I've been aware of the risks of surgery and that is why I have not had this problem fixed yet. Also, I've barely mentioned it to my primary care doctor because I was so embarrassed to even bring it up. But by reading this forum and knowing that having a curve puts me at a risk of getting peyronie's, I decided that it is necessary to notify my doctor.

My curve does have a psychological impact on me. I do have self-esteem issues because of it. I do have performance anxiety issues that need to be dealt with. And I'm aware that having a curve plus have performance anxiety puts me at a greater risk for getting peyronie's. Also, I am limited to some sexual positions since I have a downward curve.

I've been researching about the STAGE technique for about a month now through this forum and other websites. What makes me iffy about getting STAGE is that I would have to travel out of the country and such. But other than that, if it was offered in the US or if I gathered to courage to go to another country and have the surgery there, then I would do it.

Jonbinspain

I understand. It's a considerable expense.

I would suggest that you discuss it with Dr Lue and see what he advises. Avoid a basic Nesbitt procedure, whatever you decide to do.  

John_Cali

Oh yeah, nesbit is just scary. Do you know if Lue does complete penile degloving or can he just make a longitudinal cut?

John_Cali

Nevermind! I found a video of how he does it. It's pretty intense but if it needs to be done, it needs to be done.

I'll share the link for you guys. Also, it's pretty graphic, so make sure to be prepared if you want to watch.

16-dot penile plication: 16-dot penile plication for Peyronie's disease ยท ASVIDE

And here's the publication I got it from: Innovative surgical techniques for managing Peyronie's disease: a video presentation

LWillisjr

John,
I just responded to your PM. Lue's technique is a type of plication surgery that has been around for awhile.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

John_Cali

Hey LWillisjr! Thanks for replying to my pm! How long has Lue's technique been around?