Vascular inflammation from IV as a trigger?

Previous topic - Next topic

swiss

i got sick where I needed an IV at the hospital. This lead to wide spread superficial phlebitis in my left arm and an infection with a low grade fever. Afterwards, my veins became clotted throughout my left arm. Then soon after I got the peyronies.  

QuackAttack

Can it be established that your IV procedure was the cause of your Peyronies? If so, and it were me, I would take them to the cleaners. You have physical damage, but that is only a small amount of damage to you because the emotional aspect of this condition is significant. I would say your mental pain and suffering alone is something a judge or court would compensate you for.

kuaka

While ANY cause of inflammation may be contributory, making a direct link which would hold up in court is not going to be an easy task.  

swiss

I will add that this happened in Peru at high elevation. So I for sure cannot sue. I have read that vascular inflammation can be a contribution factor to peyronies. I find it interesting that my first plaque went away in about 8 months completely, but was left with a bend and indent. A second plaque formed after a uro tugged on it. It formed the next day after my appointment. Because he couldn't feel the old plaque he said I didn't have peyronies. It was funny. The first plaque seemed to go away and disappear in about a weeks time instead of slowly. I feel like my diet has helped (I pound a lot of green smoothie a day) This second one has taken a different route. It is more painful, and seems to get bigger after even light masterbation. I hope this one goes away as well. Does anyone know if the plaque goes away will the deformation go away as well? I have started hyper therapy as well and don't experience much of a hard flaccid, though it does happen from time to time. I am 28.  

FriskyDingo

Swiss: I would agree that an IV can cause this. I had scarring from a car accident, but I did not have pain or superficial issues, no plaque or thrombosed veins. Only scarring in my left corpus carvernosum which caused a hinging effect. I then tried an injection. It was not IV, but used a very fine needle. Shortly after this injection I developed these strange bands near the injection site, which, according to my own research, looked to be something called superficial vein thrombosis. These cause a lot of pain for me, and have been worse than the hinging from the cavernosum scarring.

I have found that Pine Bark Extract and Nattokinase/Serrapeptase have helped tremendously as have some other members on this forum. I am currently writing a log and trying all of these supplements I know to help. There is a nice study out there that uses Pine Bark Extract and Nattokinase together to prevent deep vein thrombosis that is caused my air flights.

I would also look into Grape Seed Extract and Horse Chestnut.

I know these arent the typical supplements listed my most people here, but they are the ones I have seen drastic improvement with. I never developed a plaque on the tunica, so I knew from the start my "peyronie's" was different from most people's. I had an MRI done the other day, so I discontinued the supplements a few weeks ago so as to interfere with the imaging in any way. For my supplement log, I am going to start with each one very slowly and build them up one at a time over the course of several months. This way I can be very sure of each one's effectiveness and the proper dose.

Ill let you know what I find.

kuaka

Pine bark extract and grape seed extract are essentially the same thing.  The compounds you are after are called pycnogenols.

FriskyDingo

I think you are referring to proanthocyanidins. Pycnogenol is a trademark supplement of the french maritime pine bark, which, from what I can tell, has the same effects as generic pine bark. You are right in that grape seed extract and pine bark are very similar. However, one may tolerate grape seed easier. Im not sure why, but I have experienced side effects with pine bark but no side effects with grape seed at similar dosages. That being said, I have found pine bark to be very beneficial to current affliction.  

swiss

Awesome thank you.

Quote deleted by moderator.
Why you don't read the forum rules?