I am going to try Xiaflex

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidDc

I met with my urologist and I am going to try the Xiaflex injection.  In order to get my insurance company to pay for this I first have to submit to having my penis photographed by my urologist using a treatment called Edex.  It's a bit embarrassing but it makes my penis hard and then the doctor has to photograph it and submit it to my insurance company.  In order to qualify my penis has to be bent by 30 degrees or more.   So I am going to do this even though I am shy.   I am almost laughing because it's so ridiculous for me to have to submit to this but I will do it because I want to fix it.  I am calling tomorrow to set up the appointment and will keep you posted.  Apparently, the injection costs thousands of dollars but I am still unable to get an exact quote.  It takes more than one injection.  I am going to do it and will tell you about my experience.  I hope it works.

Pey-penis

Read about it first.
Xiaflex is used to treat Dupuytren's contracture in adults. This condition causes an abnormal thickening of the tissue in the palm of the hand. This condition may get worse over time and form a "cord" in your palm, causing a permanent bend in your finger.

Xiaflex is also used to treat a related condition called Peyronie's disease in adult men. This condition causes scar tissue or "plaque" to develop under the skin of the penis, resulting in an abnormal curving of the penis during erection.

Xiaflex is available for Peyronie's disease only from a certified pharmacy under a special program called Xiaflex REMS. You must be registered in the program and understand the risks of taking this medicine.