Postop day 1

Previous topic - Next topic

Curvedjohn

I m postop day 1 for penis pliquation. I thought to share my experiences by creating this and posting my progress everyday so others can read.
I apologies for grammars, I m under pain Meds.
I was born with 60 deg downwards angled penise. My erections were painful and unable to preform well in bed plus ED. I m 31. After years of unseccseful treatments I went under the knife yesterday.
My urologist offered my pliquation, grafting or implant. Because I m young, I chose pliquation.

Day of surgery,
Arrived at the hospital around 7 am did not go to surgery until 11am. I was out by 12 noon in the recovery. Apereantly I was screaming in pain but I can not remember. I was nause, hot sweating dizzy.... Got so much pain Meds that I could not pee and the hospital would not release me until I made urine. They were going to put in foley but I finally went to bathroom 5 hours later. Best urine I ever made. I was very nause and dizzy, but they discharged me at 6pm. On the way home, I got worse and vomited all over my new car :'( I had a rough night last night. Could not sleep. My penise was swallow and wrapped up in dressing and there was some blood soaked through the the dressing. I used ice pack.

Post op day 1
For surgery I was put under general anesthesia with intubation. The anesthisa doc used succsoculine to paralyze me for intubation. So now I got myalgia

Anesthesia and Muscle Pain

I have severe muscle pain, aches, cramps, unable to walk, in bed. Pain Meds does no help. But it should hopfully impove in few days.
Today, I removed the dressing per doctors order. It was hell. :'( They used tegederm to keep the dressing in place and now it was stuck to my penise, not happy with that. An hour later, using all the tricks in the book I removed the dressing. The insicion is at the middle of the penise going all around the shaft of penise in a circular motion. The urologist made the cut just before the curved started and pulled the skin backward and forward to expose the tissue to put the sutures. I m not sure how many stitches are placed in my penise, will find out on my follow up. The urologist did a phenomenal job, the sutures that placed on the outside of penise are well proximated and are keeping the skin in place, no bleeding. I can feel some hematoma around the cut and all along the penise shaft which is normal. I can not speak yet on the shorting of penise but because of the swellings, the penise is 3 times larger in diameter than before.
I can not wear any shorts or clothing as it rubs against the insicion and it hurts. I m elevating my legs and using Ice pack. I m taking pain Meds and antibiotics. For me the biggest concern is infection so I m keeping myself clean.
I m mindful of not getting sexually aroused. Watching discovery and national geo channels. Won't be doing anything sexual for the next several weeks. This morning I was getting morning erection so I put ice on it.

So far that it all. I will not posting any pic other than that ask me anything.  

Curvedjohn

Postop day 2

Last night was hard. A lot of muscle pain, headache, nausea. Today, it is better. Muscle pain has decreased. Penis swelling is less. Penis is now twice its normal size. I can see bruising forming on the penis since the normal skin color is changing into redish color. The pain from the penis is about 4 out of 10. It is like a stinging, paper cut pain. The best way I can describe it, is if you took dental floss and wrapped tightly around the penis and pulled it. Sitting up right causes more penis pain, so I try to lay at a 45 degree angle. Sutures on the outside of the skin look good and no bleeding. I m circumcised as a child and now with the surgery the skin pass the incision (closer to the tip of the penis) is folded as if I was uncircumcised. I m assuming that during the surgery, the urologist had to loosen up the skin to put in the stitches. I m guessing as the swelling goes down, the skin will retract. before going into surgery, I thought that the incision  will be at the end of the penis shaft where the penis gland starts (aka degloving technique ) but for some reason the incision  is dead in the middle of the penis. I m guessing it had to do with the 60 deg curvature I had.
Hopfully, all of this pain and $ spent would result in an uncurvaed  penis.
Will make a post again tomorrow for day 3.
Thx  

Curvedjohn

Post op day 3,

Last night was better, less pain and better quality of sleep. But in the early morning hours, I was getting some erections and they were very painful. I kept putting ice to try to get the erections down.
Muscle pain is now mostly in the neck area and the chest from the intubation. It hurts More in the chest when I cough or sneeze. As far the penis goes, still is swollen as much as it was yesterday. More bruising is now showing up on the portion of the penis before the incision (closer to the body). The portion of the penis after the incision (closer to the tip of the penis) is the swollen area. Incision  still looks good and I can see some dry skin forming around the sutures on the skin. A good sign of healing. Today, I started feeling some pain in the pubic area. I am guessing it is from the surgery when the urologist was manipulating the penis.
Today, I was able to drive to Walmart  to pick up my Meds. I had probably a 5 out 10 pain while driving and walking in Walmart . Right now, it is like 4 out of 10. I have not taken pain pills (Oxy) just 2 Tylenol today and yesterday. The pain is manageable as long as I do not get an erection and I am resting. I do not think I am ready to resume normal activities anytime soon.
Another issue I noticed today was the rubbing of my short against the tip of the penis. It sort of hurts. I find out that urologist put an intervenous line into the tip of the penis to induce erection, which is why the tip is more sensitive. As far as the actual incision , I am covering it with a dressing so it does not rub against clothing.
Another thing Forgot to mention is that sutures placed inside the penis to correct the curvature are dissolvable and will go away in less than a year. I will post more about it tomorrow when I find out more.

Thx

Curvedjohn

Post op day 4,

Last night was somewhat difficult. I kept getting semi-erections while sleeping and it was painful around the incision site. It was so painful that I kept waking up and use ice pack to reduce the erections. The muscle pain caused by intubation is gone now.

Today, I started taking Pseudofedrin , which is suppose to suppress the sympathetic system and therefore erections. I was able to drive for a good 2 hours with 3 out of 10 pain. I took some Tylenol for pain. Overall, the pain is manageable now if there was no unwanted penis erections.

As far as sutures placed in the penis to correct the curvature, my urologist uses a different technique and uses dissolvable sutures that per him takes about a year to dissolve. Going into the surgery, I discussed this with him and he explained that normal Permanent  sutures overtime damage the tissue, can cut into the tissues, scare the tissue, and the knots used to tie the sutures can be felt and it will always can cause some pain. Per him, some people come back after a while to have the permanent  sutures removed for number of reasons. That why he only does dissolvable sutures.
Now, I was born with a 60 degree downward curvature that was caused by the bottom portion of the penis tissue not developing while I was a fetus. with so much scaring developed over the years, I end up with ED at 20 years old because of scares damaged the penis's blood vessels. The only proven method for treating my condition is to remove the scares, graft them and put a penis implant. This is all high risk, costly and I m not ready for an implant at age of 31. So I decided to go with the sutures for now. I know that I am not getting a perfectly straight penis with the sutures and overtime, they can cause more scares and pain, but even if I can get from 60 deg curvature down to 40 or 30 degree curvature, I will be very happy.

In future, I will consider the scares removed, grafted and an implant put in.

Thx  

Curvedjohn

Post op day 5,

Last night was not too bad, just got few semi erections during sleep which hurts really bad. I started taking long acting Pseudoephedrine  240 mg, which I think what helps with reducing morning erections.
During the day time, pain got worse so I end up taking a pain pill. The swelling  has gone and the penis is about one and half time it's original size. The sutures on the skin look good, and they are suppose to dissolve within the next two weeks.
I still use ice and I used so much that now I got a small freeze burn on the penis. Today, I noticed more bruising on the penis glans. I counted a total of 7 needle puncture sites on the glans, which is probably where the sutures and needles were used to keep the penis immobile during surgery. So it hurts as much as the big incision itself, especially when the glans comes in contact with another surface such as an underwear. Hopefully this will get better also overtime. I finished all the antibiotics given to me postoperative. Now I m just being extra Careful not get an infection at the incision site and wash the site daily with soap and water.
I wish my urologist had put me on some Meds to prevent erections knowing that they hurt and can pop the newly put in stitches.
Thx  

Curvedjohn

Post op day 6,

Last night was better than previous ones since I had Less pain and less erections. However , during the day I had a lot of stinging kind of pain in the penis glans. I would say about 7 out of 10 and it was worse if I had underwear on as it rubbed against the tip of the penis. Towards the end of the day, I started to have some pain in the pubic area.
The penis is much less swollen now. I would say penis has return to its Size before the surgery. As far as the incision goes, still has the sutures on it and the skin around the sutures are raised. I m guessing it will take several months for the skin to return to its normal shape.
the stitches placed inside the penis, I tried to feel them but there was nothing. I'm guessing since the surgeon used dissolvable stitches, there would be no knots and less pain.
I have several more weeks to go before I can see the full result.

Thx  

kuaka

Keep us posted.  It sounds like "normal" post operative things so far.

Curvedjohn

Curvedjohn

Post op day 7,

Last night was not too bad. But during the day today, I started to have 7 out 10 pain in the penis glans. I see few needle marks on the glans but now these hurt more than the actual incision . This morning, I got a good erection so I did some measurement. The erect penis was straight, omg, this was the first I have touched or seen my penis erect in a straight manner, although, it was hurting like hell, specially in the glans. The measurement I got was 4 1/2 inch. Now my curved penis used to be 6 1/2 inch. That is a loss of 2 inches but my penis was not fully erect this morning , so I m thinking it will be longer than 4 1/2 inch and more closer to the per - surgery size.
Has anyone experienced penis glans pain as much as I do post plication ?

Thx  

Dixie Wrecked

I had plication surgery 2 months ago. I was also experiencing extreme irritation on my glans due to friction. To remedy this, I bought some silicone scar sheets from the pharmacy. It helped tremendously! I got the Walgreens brand large size sheets. Wrap one sheet around the glans and that's it. Take it off before the shower though. They can be reused for about 5-7 days. Hope this helps.

Curvedjohn

Hey Dixie Wrecked,

Thanks for the input, I will go tomorrow and buy the silicone scar sheet. I thought I was the only one with the glans pain.
How did your surgery go? Are u happy with the results? Any lost of length? Did u got the dissolvable or permanent  sutures ?

Thx  

Curvedjohn

Post op day 8,

As usual, I kept getting painful errection druing the night and I had to ice it.
Today, The penis is back to its normal size and there is no more swollening. I have a lot of pain in the glans and the pubic area today, but surprisingly there is no pain in around the insicion site. I tried to feel for the stitches put in the penis, but do not feet any. I m still not ready to go back to work.

Thx  

Dixie Wrecked

I must say I am very happy with the results of my surgery. It is hard to say as far length loss goes. I maybe lost an inch but from what I've read on the forums here, some people gain some of that back over time. I'm not too concerned with it.

It's been 2 months post op and my incision sutures have just now dissolved. There is still a swollen band of skin between the corona and incision site. The doctor says this normal and will go away with time.

As far as the sutures on the tunica, they are the dissolvable type. The doctor said they will go away with time as well but will take longer.

It sounds like I am in a similar situation as you. I had a congenital curvature of about 60 to 80 degrees. Now, my erections are straight. When very erect, there is even a slight upward curve. It's a little surreal I must say. All my life I've had the downward curve and now it's gone. Kudos to the doctor.

Good luck in your recovery. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Curvedjohn

Hey Dixie wrecked,

Thanks for sharing. So when the suture are dissolved, is the curvature gonna come back? Also do u get pain when getting erections now? The reason ask, if before the surgery, I was to force my penis to straighten out, it would hurt from too much scaring. So I have hard time believing that suture, which essentially forcing the penis to straighten out, would not hurt ? What u think?

Thx  

Curvedjohn

Post op day 9,

Not much difference than previous days. Pain 4 out of 10. Still use ice pack. I did got an erection (not full) and it was 5 inches. That is 1.5 inch loss of the penis length. So will see what the end result will be.

Thx  

Curvedjohn

Post op day 10,

Today, I was able to feel the sutures knots. So far I have been able to feel 3 knots, but I am sure there are more. Now mine are dissolvable, and you cannot tell they are there or see a bump on the skin unless you actually try to feel them. The biggest knot is about 2 mm in diameter. It does not hurt until I get an erection, at which point, I can feel pulling an starching sensation at the site of the knot. If you ever tried to feel your vein in your arm, you may have to feel for them by pressuring on the skin. The feeling sensation you get when you fingers when it touched the vein, is the same I have when I touch the knots. It is sort of unusual and wired to feel a bump in my penis and it is gonna take some time for me to get use to it.
There is about 2 out of 10 pain during the day, it is sort of itchy and burning sensation. When I get unwanted erections, it shoots up to 7or 8 out of 10.

Thx

kuaka

2 out of 10 is not bad.  Unwanted erections are though...for now.  Sounds like you are on the way to recovery though.

Dixie Wrecked

Hey John,

When the sutures dissolve, it shouldn't go back to curving. I think the idea is to cut out a section of the tunica and suture it so that it may heal, forcing a straight penis. As this point in my recovery, there is no pain when I get an erection. If I palpate certain areas of my penis or try to bend it, while erect, there will be a mild pain.

I am currently having sex. I still need to take it easy though. There is some pain after sex as well. When you do start having sex, I suggest making sure your partner is well lubricated.

Curvedjohn

Curvedjohn

Curvedjohn

Post op day 11,

Very minimal pain during the day. But I m getting frequent early morning sleeping erections. They are sometimes very painful (7 out of 10 pain) and I use ice pack to reduce the erections. You can imagine how uncomfortable it is to wake up during sleep because of erections and then put cold ice on your penis. That is why lately I have been sleep deprive.
Hopefully all of this is worth it.

Thx  

Curvedjohn

Post day 12,

I did some measurement. So I am now 5.5 inch and I use to be 6.5 inch before the surgery. I am upset about it but now my penis is straight. My erection still hurts 5 out of 10 pain, hopfully it will go away over time. An interesting thing I noticed is that now my penis points to the right as I get harder erection. I would say about 15 deg. Now, I never had this before. Although, during pre op ultrasound, the technician mentioned that my penis is curved downward and to the left. The only thing I can think of is that during the surgery, the urologist put sutures to correct the downward and left sided curvatures. Maybe he intentionally over did the left sutures and now I have a penis pointing towards right. In any case, it is early to judge, as it will take several months for total healing.
Thx

itsme

Is plication the same as nesbit?

kuaka

The procedure is properly called a Nesbitt Plication.  In my opinion, it is a bit neanderthalic...introducing an "equal and opposite" restriction on the other side of the Tunica.  Done correctly, it will "fix" a bend, but it WILL result in length loss.  Personally, I can't afford ANY loss...

Jonbinspain

I believe the equation for the Nesbitt procedure is approx 1cm loss for every 20 degrees of curvature.  

itsme

I feel kinda bad agreeing with kuaka, as I know some ppl here have done it, but thats actually what I think. I believe this forum should advice ppl to dont do it. Another thin I saw someone saying is that Levine adviced the person to get an implant just because trimix didnt get him hard enough. That just not true. U cant expect u ll be hard enough w a trimix dose. Egydio even told me to imagine some girls and pet it a little bit while he was out waiting trimix work on lol.  Trimix is not a hot girl over u. Its a drug injected with a needle in a very weird place...
Theres a guy on Egydios testimonials that gave up of implant in the surgery bed just some minutes before surgery. that was with someone else. and then he discovered egydio. who told him he wouldnt need implant and fixed the guy just with the surgery. by some comments I read here I can imagine that maybe the guy is not that atracted to his wife anymore or just have a very bad health n blame peyronies for ED. My grandpa. his sun n brother n my cousin have or had it. everybody never had problems on bed by what i know. i even asked my grandma n aunt lol. n my grandpa and uncle were even smokers. that what have killed them. my grandpa brother is very well n even told me he doesnt have the plaque anymore. just a little almost imperceptble bend. he took vit E every day for three years. theres also another guy i saw saying that in spanish. dont stop ur vit e or magnesium before three years. u ll not die doing that.

Pfract

Não sei até que ponto é que o Levine é assim, e também até que ponto essas medicações têm eficácia...  

Curvedjohn

Post op days 13-16,

Unfortunately one of the sutures that keeps the skin on the bottom portion of the penis popped open. I am assuming it was because of the unwanted morning erections and the fact that sutures were suppose to dissolve in 3 weeks. Anyhow, the site is now red and scant amount of discharge is coming out. I am putting triple topical ointment on the skin now and my follow up appointment is moved up to the day after tomorrow. I will say what the surgeon has to say about it.

Thx  

Curvedjohn

Post op day 17,

Follow up with the surgeon,

I went in today for my post op follow up. The urologist ordered 2 doses of diflucan for fungal infection, which he said I do not have but it would be good if I took it. He looked at the pic I took the night before and he was happy. He said the penis looks good but I am healing slower than normal because of all the inflammations. He told me to take NSAIDS, but I am allergic to it so he said I should do it old fashion way with healing packs. He said not to use ice anymore and switch to heating packs to reduce the inflammation. He then did penis starching and man that hurt like hell. I could not stand it. He said to do penis starching few times a day under hot water in shower to reduce inflammation and scare formation. He said no sex for another month.
I saw the surgery report. He put in 8 sutures on top portion of penis to correct the curvature of 55 deg. Then he noticed that my penis was also curved to the left, so he put additional 4 sutures on the lateral side of the penis on the right side.
I showed him my penis with a right curvature. He said that I do not have a curvature but a tilt. He said it is called right side tilt which is not the same thing as a curvature. He said the 20 deg tilt will not interfere with sex as I can always reposition the penis during sex.
I told him about the unwanted morning erections and he said there is not that can be done to prevent them and he said I should let them happen and let the penis stretch in the process.
The final diagnosis is 55 deg ventral lateral penis curvature.
So for now I am gonna follow his orders and cont to heal.  

Curvedjohn

Post op day 18-21,

The redness and the infection are gone. There are pain and redness at the sites of each sutures going into the skin, and these sutures are getting caught in my underwear and shorts and get pulled. I cover the penis with dressing when I go out so pulling does not happen. Erections are becoming less painful and penis is straight but it is tilted to the right. When I look at it, I feel that tilting should hurt but it does not.
It is not easy to go from a 55 deg downward curvature that lasted 31 years to go to a straight but right sided tilted penis over night. I will have to just get use to it.

Thx  

Curvedjohn

Post op day 22-30

No change. The skin sutures are getting cough in my underwear. I am looking forward for the sutures to fall off.

Curvedjohn

Post day 40,

Today, I was able to take a bath for the first time. I soaked my body in hot water and this softened the skin sutures, and with some difficulties I was able to cut and remove them. No more having them get caught in my clothes and bed sheet and them getting pulled and causing pain and bleeding. The skin areas that sutures were put in, is still red and swollen but now that sutures are out, hopfully it will be better. This has been a long recovery for me.....  

fefgeug

Sorry to hear you are having such a bad time. Hopefully it will heal ok.
I also have congenital curvature (to the left), am going to get STAGE technique surgery from Dr Kuehhas.
What was the procedure you had, please tell me it was not Nesbitt. I have read some terrible stories about this technique. Hopefully you will be ok.

Curvedjohn

Post op day 50,

Last week I felt a sharp popping pain in penis twice during early morning erection. It got me worried and last night I induced an erection and took pics. My suspension was confirmed and unfortunately two of the sutures had popped. I went in toady for my second follow up and the urologist checked me and he said that 2 of the eleven sutures have ruptured. He said that now I have 45-50 deg downwards curve. (I was 55 deg pre surgery).
At this point, I am gonna let my penis heal for now  and in 4 years when I am 35 yrs old, I will have the scares cut out, grafted and a penile implant put in.
But for all of u out there, do not be scared and what happend to me may not happen you. Keep your head up and get medical help for your curvature.
Thx  

Curvedjohn

Hey fefgeug,

My was not Nesbitt. I had dissolvable sutures put in for let and down curvature. I am not sure what the exact name is.

But good luck to you and u will be fine.

Thx