Xiaflex experience

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty1234

My xiaflex treatments have been all over the place. I have a rather large plaque at the spot just below the tip of my penis. The plaque basically sits there like someone placed a dime or nickel on my penis and then it was under the skin... That's the feeling it gives. My penis before peyronies was about 6 inches erect and now is more like 5.5 inches at best. My first round of xiaflex was tough. It was painful and it was rough. I had severe swelling and bruising all the way through my testicles and up to my belly. It was crazy. My second round was much better, I think the dr who did the second is just better at it. The first shot of the second round had some sweeping and bruising but the second shot of the second round was 10 days later and after 2 days there is almost no swelling and almost no pain. However. After my 1st shot of the second round on day 10 before I got my second shot, I had an erection in the morning. I masturbated very gently but when I ejaculated I had some serious pain shoot through my penis head right where the scar is. It hurt like hell and my erection ran away quickly. I wonder if it's just blood hitting the scar tissue or what not? It's been 3 days since shot 2 and I got an erection this morning but I will not try to masturbate or ejaculate out of fear from how awful that pain was. Has anyone else experienced that? That's really what I need to know. I am really hoping for it to just be a side effect that will go away, but I have no idea. Maybe he blood vessels just aren't ready for that to happen yet. Anyway. I'm terrified to feel that pain again but my Dr. assured me it's fine and it will go away with time. He says that where he injected it would be impossible to have any serious side effects with the nerve endings. I really really hope it will go away. It hurt so bad the first time I actually started crying. Anyway. If anyone else had this happen, I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks.  

bucfan

Hello Dusty, I went through 4 rounds of xiaflex this year. I never felt the pain that you described...I always waited the prescribed 14 days until I  had any sexual contact. The xiaflex website states to wait at least 14 days, and my doctor told me the same thing each time I had the injections. I assume the 2 week waiting period has a lot to do with the swelling and bruising caused by the injections. Sorry I cannot help more, but I would certainly not engage in any sexual activity until all swelling and bruising goes away or 2 weeks after second injection, whichever is later.