Sports? Advice?

Previous topic - Next topic

mdilworth114

Does anybody here do sports? Or extreme sports?
And in the inflammation stage more specifically.
It's been about a year and 2 months since peyronies began for me. The doctor doesn't think it's peyronises but he's put me on Pentox, he wrote "hematoma" on my paperwork, and it's been about 3 or 4 months since I started taking the Pentox. My last visit he mention I could do physical activity. I work construction which itself it physical but I'm talking more specifically about riding bikes. I've always rode motorcycles and bicycles but I was forced to stop due to peyronies and I haven't been on one since this happened. I was big into BMX and in the beginning my doctor told me to stay off of it, which I understand, hard impact could be bad or make things worse I'm assuming. I'm nervous to get back on and he told me if I do take it easy no jumping or anything just to cruise basically. Anybody have any advice as far as sports and Peyronie's or experience with it.  

jeffk

mdilworth114,

I play racquetball in a men's league and was wondering if I got hit in the plaque area of my penis with a racquetball, what damage could be done to further my Peyronie's?  In three years of weekly league play, I've never been hit in the groin but I have had two close calls.  FYI, good players can hit the ball over 100 mph!

Basically, my question is; can I further my Peyronie's by trauma while in a flaccid state?  
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
** You will waste less time and get better answers **

Pfract

You guys don'twear protection like in martial arts?  

jeffk

Quote from: pfract on December 28, 2015, 01:29:11 AM
You guys don'twear protection like in martial arts?

Part of participating in the martial arts, hockey and baseball is wearing an athletic cup.  When I played baseball and hockey I always wore a cup.  I was more concerned with protecting my testicles than my penis.  

Racquetball players typically wear sports underwear or jockstraps, not athletic cups.
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
relationship status, etc

kuaka

Considering what I know now, I would wear a cup for racquetball...

My knees preclude such things though, so not an issue for me.

jeffk

Kuaka,
I'm starting to think a cup might be worth considering.  Don't need further issues at this point.
relationship status, etc

QuackAttack

The cup advice is sound advice. As a baseball player, I wouldn't even play outfield without a cup. Both Nike and Under Armour make an outstanding compression under short that holds a cup, much better than the old school jock strap and much better looking.