Hi From New Zealand

Previous topic - Next topic

Bent Baggie

Hello All,

Greetings from New Zealand. This is my first post. My details summary is as follows:

Age? 58
What did your Medical Doctor Dianose? He diagnosed advanced Pyronie's desease in September. He said there was no real cure available in New Zealand except surgery to straighten the penis. He advised against this, saying the risk is too great, as long as I can cope with the current mild discomfort.  
How long have you had symptoms? 2-3 years
What are your symptoms? Upward bending of the shaft well above 30 degrees. The tip portion stands vertical. There is mild discomfort during love making. The length has shoryened from , around 6" to maybe 4.5"
What treatments have you tried and what were the results? I haven't tried anything yet.
Do you have insurance or means to get medical treatment? Yes, Southern Cross Insurance
where are you in dealing with the psychological aspects of Peyronies Disease? I have a very understanding and trusting wife. This helps a lot. I am worried boviously, but I'm not depressed or anything. Life is still good. I am a bit scared that it will get worse and that it will eventually rub out what little sex life I stilll have. If ever anything happened between us, I feel I would have to shy away from any further relationships.
Are you in a relationship? Yes, married 21 years.

Bent Baggie

I should also add that during the urologist's examination he felt both my hands and detected slight Dupuytren's contractures -- scarring in the hand that affects fingers. He also detected (by feel) plaque along the top of my penis. He said the two often go hand in hand (so to speak) and that I am obviously prone to this desease.

My wife, while being fairly understanding and accepting, also believes I may be experiencing devine justice from all the years of masturbating. But I think the most likely cause is injury suffered when my dick fell out during vigorous sex. In the past, she has given my willy a bit of a thrashing  one way and another. Those were the days!

Stabler

Hi and welcome to the forum. I am glad to see you have a good outlook and supportive partner. I would suggest that you see help from a urologist that specializes in Peyronies. I have sent you a message with a link to help with this. I look forward to following your posts and please ask if we can help you with anything

Stabler67
Moderator since 2015- Missouri- I work in the medical field and have strong knowledge of insurance and how to obtain coverage for medication and other treatments. Being a woman I do not have Peyronies but you can ask me anything. I am happy to help.

Bent Baggie

kuaka

Since you are also dealing with other fibrosis issues, it may tailor how you approach treatment.

I have recently found information relating Magnesium deficiency to all sorts of fibrosis conditions, so you might look into it.  You can be Magnesium deficient and not really know it.

Dr Mark Morunga

Hi my name is Dr Mark Morunga Im a Medical Doctor in Auckland New Zealand, I have been doing treatments using PRP platelet rich plasma on Peyronies, injecting PRP into plaques, with promising outcomes. I'd recommend you do some independent research into this treatment, as its side effect profile is essentially zero, with potentially good outcomes. Look up pshot.nz for more information. The pioneer of this treatment is an American by the name of Dr Charles Runels, google his name also. Regards Mark

Steven Larrabee

Hi Bent:

Yeah, it is frustrating having Peyroines.  It sucks. And there is no treatment ? Why not?

Very distressing. I'm 57 and it all started at 56.