HELP

Previous topic - Next topic

peyronny

I'm 26 years old and about 2 years ago I was diagnosed with Peyronie's disease. It was bothersome at first, but I was still able to maintain erections, and for the most part enjoy sex as much as usual with only slight discomfort. At the time he also diagnosed me with a Prostate infection and gave me meds for that. He told me all I could really do is take vitamin E, hope for the best and he wanted to see me again in a year. He told me he actually wanted me to ejaculate more because it's good for prostate. I found this funny at the time because I was generally at least once or twice a day, and only every once in a while would I not masturbate at all in a day. I always thought I did too much, and I'm pretty sure it's what caused the issue to begin with, but I couldn't help but laugh because it's the opposite of the usual "you need to lose weight" in that it's something I want to do regardless of health reasons.

Anyways, up until recently it wasn't a huge ordeal in my life, I wish the plaques were gone for sure, and there were good days and bad days but I could still live fairly normally in spite of it without feeling too bad about it.

Now, and I'm  not sure what caused this, but my shaft is almost completely numb. I am not sure if this is related to peyronies or not. I am also getting a very odd "whoosing" feeling in my tetiscles, for lack of a better term. It almost feels like "butterflies" that you sort of get in your stomach, or the feeling of going down a rollercoaster, but in my balls. This feeling also extends up to my penis at times, and it increases any time I have sexual thoughts or try to get aroused. It's not pleasant at all, and ruins the early stages of arousal. This weird sensation I am describing I also feel in my anal area, butt cheeks at times, it's very strange. Could this possibly be related to the pundental nerve?  I I am still able to ejaculate, and get erections but there has to be physical contact first. I do still occasionally get morning erections, but not as often as I used to. The numb sensation had started before on on the lower left side of my shaft, several days before it started to expand. I didn't really think much of it because I could still get erections and ejaculate and I've had some minor numbness like that before that usually goes away, so didn't think much of it. The day before this got this bad, I did masturbate 3. I often want to do it, just to "test" it out and make sure everything is at least working. Sounds weird, but I'm sure some of you can relate to that.

But my question is..what do you guys thing is going on? To be honest, I enjoy the early stages of arousal normally more than actual sex. I like cuddling more than anything. And it just sucks that for the first time in my life, I'm actually having success with women, and things aren't working right, and it's actually uncomfortable to try and get aroused. Should I refrain from masturbating completely for now? My doctor is a woman, and it would be embarrassing to talk about, and I was just at my urologist recently so would rather not make a second appointment, it usually takes at least a month to get an appointment. But I'll see her if I really need to, and if she'd be able to help. What I'm really afraid of is this being nerve damage, and maybe over masturbation/my plaques could have contributed.

I have been taking: Vitamin E,  ginseng, alpha lipoic acid, ginko balboa, flaxseed oil *for omega 3*, and L-arginine

the ginseng I started taking before this worsened, and I started the other stuff afterwards in response to this issue.  

Stabler

Hello,

I first want to suggest that you find a new urologist, the fact that they only told you to take Vitamin E is a good sign they do not know enough about Peyronies to be able to help you. You should have at least been given a script for Pentox and there should have been disucussion with you about VED/Traction. Vitamin E will not help reduce the plaques.

I have sent you a private message with helpful links in this forum please read it and use the one for Urologist, it breaks them down by region so you can find one close to you, but they all specialize in Peyronies.

You will be getting posts here from men that know their stuff so please read what they have to say, ask questions.

We are here to help  :)

Hugs
Stabler67
Moderator since 2015- Missouri- I work in the medical field and have strong knowledge of insurance and how to obtain coverage for medication and other treatments. Being a woman I do not have Peyronies but you can ask me anything. I am happy to help.

kuaka

I agree with Stabler.  Any Dr. who suggests Vit E is clueless.  While not harmful, it certainly isn't helpful.

Use the link she gave you to find a list of Dr's who specialize in Peyronie's (PDS) and find some comments from members here who have seen them.  

I think from your description of symptoms that your plaque(s) are interfering with blood flow.

You definitely need a more knowledgeable Dr.

kuaka

peyronny

Something else I forgot to add, I have for some time been having lower back pain, which is close to where the numbness sometimes radiates to. To be honest I can't even tell for sure if the source of this is my pelvic region, my anal area, or my lower back. It all seems conncected. But thanks for the advice. I don't think there are any peyronies doctors near me, I live in a small area but I'll check to be sure. Another way to describe this whoosing sensation I was talking about is, and this sounds weird, but the feeling of getting kicked in the balls. Not the initial pain, because this isn't particularly painful, just extremely uncomfortable. But the sort of after effect sensation that lingers. All these ways of describing this are odd I know, but idk how else to put it. And is there anything else over the counter I could take to help with this, peyronies or whatever else it may be? I'm going to make an appointment but it may take sometime, I'm going to my regular doctor and I will bring it up but they'll probably want me to go to a urologist and I guess I'll ask for a different one.

I'm not even sure this is related to Peyronie's at all, but it could be.  

kuaka

Lower back issues can cause all sorts of symptoms, as they can interfere with the nerve signals.  Definitely look at those.  Another source for list of potential PDS aware Dr's is here...

http://expertscape.com/ex/penile+induration

Maybe this will help.  You may also use this site to locate spine/back experts.