Help - struggling to stay positive and considering an implant

Previous topic - Next topic

bdub

I had Peyronie's for about 4 years with around a 50 degree curve. I could get an erection (though was hard to sustain) but found the disfigurement too difficult to bear. I saw a urologist in the UK who recommended plication surgery, which I underwent 2 years ago. Ever since i have had bad ED, to the point where I can only get a flaccid erection. It is not improving and I don't think it will. I am so sad because the doctor never once mentioned that permanent ED was a possible 'side effect' of this surgery or i would never have done it. I also lost around 1.5 inches in length.

I have had not had sex in years nor can I contemplate doing so, since no drugs seem to work for me. I am now considering a penile implant, but I am only 27 and have some concerns;

- First, as i am quite young, I imagine that I would need 2-3 replacements during my lifetime at least. Do you lose length each time you have surgery? And does the replacement cost as much as the initial surgery?
- Second, as i have already had plication surgery, is it possible for me to then have an implant without complications?

Thank you for any help you can provide; I am searching for some hope.

delux90

hi we are on the same boat.. im 25 years old. severe ED due to too much curve. im done with surgery with no luck.. since i still got a little erection(weak).. have you consider to buy penis sleeve or any toy support to make your penis stronger?  

Old Man

Have you guys even considered using the VED therapy? It has worked for many of us members on this forum.

Strongly advise both of you to locate the VED board section in the home page index. Just log in to the home page, scroll down to the VED board. Open this topic and you will find many posts about VED therapy. Do some research on this board as well as the implant board for much information about these two subjects.

Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

Pfract

"- First, as i am quite young, I imagine that I would need 2-3 replacements during my lifetime at least. Do you lose length each time you have surgery? And does the replacement cost as much as the initial surgery?
- Second, as i have already had plication surgery, is it possible for me to then have an implant without complications?"

1st: as far as i know, NO. The recovery is faster than with a new installation, since the implant is already there, but the risk of infection is a bit greater, so they say. Around 15%? The replacement is also cheaper and as far as i know there is no size loss since the implant is already there and they just take it out and place another one.

2nd: only a doctor will be able to tell you that for sure, but the implant normally straightens out penis with a lot of curvature and is indicated for patients with severe ED and/or extensive fibrosis. Although these cases are considered challenging situations and you should go for a top notch doctor that installs a lot of implants. Preferably in the US, or at least on the london andrology institute.

ziogwe

Im 38, and have had little to no luck with Verapamil, if anything, it made it worse.  I went to my original Urologist today for a follow up from last year, and the doctor looked at my picture today and said it looks to be about a 40 degree bend.  They also did an ultrasound along with a physical examination and they have confirmed I developed more plaques.  My curve to the right hasn't gotten worse, (maybe even a little improvement) but I seem to have a slight curve upwards as well.  I can still get strong erections, but the curve is difficult to bear both physically and psychologically especially when I wake up in the middle of the night with an erection.   This new doctor wants to try Xiaflex, but needs to get insurance approval.  He said if Xiaflex doesn't work, then I'll have to get an implant.  I'm not doing that, so if it doesn't work, I'll just admit defeat and live the rest of my life never being intimate with anyone again.  I get no support from my wife, so I don't expect any other woman to be supportive of that either.  

LWillisjr

Quote from: ziogwe on December 16, 2015, 06:14:41 PM
I get no support from my wife, so I don't expect any other woman to be supportive of that either.

It is unfair to stereotype all women based on your wife's response.

How confident and experienced is your doctor? Since you get strong erections I question his suggestion to go straight to an implant
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

yyy

Please don't get an implant at 20 or 30 years old!! keep struggling and look for an alternative of any kind (prp, stem cells, ved therapy).

Stabler

Hello Ziogwe,

I guess I would have to ask, in what way is your wife not supportive? I ask because I have read through all of your posts on the forum and find you to have been very negative, rightfully so of course you have a disease that is emotionally and physically taking a toll on you and apparently other health issues as well, but is it at all possible that you are pushing her away? is it possible that your attitude has made her feel like there isnt anything she could do to help you? I am not going to tell you that you have no right to feel how you do, but, please remember that how you act will affect how others act.

Now, if your wife is truly not supportive that is most unfortunate because yes there are women that are, that would be, I was one of those women and now I support all the members of this forum. Many of the members in this forum have very supportive partners so as LWillisjr stated please try not to put us all in one category. Maybe you should ask your wife to join the forum, learn about Peyroines from members, ask her to contact me personally if she has questions, my email is Stabler67@outlook.com

We are all here to help you so let us do that

Stabler67
Moderator since 2015- Missouri- I work in the medical field and have strong knowledge of insurance and how to obtain coverage for medication and other treatments. Being a woman I do not have Peyronies but you can ask me anything. I am happy to help.

Freemason

Sorry to hear some of everyone struggles. I hate this fricking disease. I just had my first real appt after 4 years of this disease..I was married with kids..so didn't really bother my wife much.  But now I'm 45 and divorced with a fricking broken dick. Haven't been with anyone since divorce and that's been 2 years. I'm getting asked to go out on dating sites (not sure why I signed up) but I can't seem to get ove this psychological hump of...making out in front of a fire...touching..feeling..then she decides to take it out and find a barely less than avg length dick with a curve that's 50 degrees. Surprise!  My length prior and girth were just fine..around 6.5 inches erect...now 5 inches with the curve.  I'm completely depressed.

Any way..saw Dr. Levine today and at least there is no calcification..slight hour glass effect. He gave me Pentox and to take Aminos he recommends. He said I could do injections which id be perfect for or PEG procedure..which he said I'd be perfect for.  I don't have issues with erections.

I'm going to try the Pentox with traction for 3-4 months and see if or how much that improves things.  Part of me after that if things don't improve much just wants to do PEG and be done. As Dr. Levine put it..you know with surgery it will be straight after it heals. Injections no guarantee.

Just don't want to lose anymore length with surgery graft.

yyy

With a grafting surgery you don't lose length, but the opposite. What's PEG? Penile prothesis?
If you are rich enough go to see Paulo Egydio in Brazil, he's the best for graft surgeries. You will get a straight penis with the sam length as before.

LWillisjr

YYY,
This is always a chance of loss of length. I don't think it is fair to state with certainty that there is no loss of length with grafting.
My History

itsme

Rich enough? Lol come on man. Dollar is 4 reals nowadays. I ll translate some Egydios stories for u guys. He saved a guy who did many wrong surgeries. Another one who had wrong implants three times and the last one destroyed his whole dick. U guys make dollars. I wouldnt think twice. O hostel close to him is just 15 dollars. the appointment 150. The surgery prob 5000. Come n back fly is 1500. Any help in Brazil send me a pm. Maybe we can meet here.

yyy

Lwir

With graft you always improve your length, it's obvious, unless you add an implant.

Itsme

Egidio's surgeries cost between 20k and 25k dollars...

LWillisjr

YYY,

I had EXCISION and GRAFTING. I lost 2 cm's overall. No one can guarantee full restoration.

I am still completely satisfied with my surgery (7 years ago now).
My History

yyy

very strange as they extend your short side...but I believe you

itsme

Yyy. Who told u that? I didnt ask yet, but thats not what ppl are saying in portuguese on the internet. Thats the same as 100 000 reals for us. That makes sense just if the price for americans is different. If thats the case maybe u could talk about it with him...

itsme

LWillisjr did u do traction after that? Ive read some articles from egydios procedure. Nobody pointed 2 cm. Are u sure about that? I mean u r customed w inches right? Maybe u think 2 cm is a few thing because u r not customed with it n didnt have the measure of it in cm before... Another difference from Egydios procedure is that he doesnt use cows graft. He says he has done a lot of post surgery on ppl who used it. Because it retracts after sometime in some cases. Not in all of them... I dont know what he uses though. I ll be translating some of his texts after 16th jan.

LWillisjr

I am quite familiar with the metric system  ;)
I lost a little under 2 cm......  not quite .75 inches. But i am straight, everything works, and my wife and I are quite pleased.

Several weeks post surgery Dr. Levine did have me to start traction again to help regain a little length back and to help keep the graft tissue "stretched while settling in". I don't know what he uses today, but when I had my surgery in 2008 he used pericardial cadaver tissue.
My History

Freemason

yyy

do you agree with me that it's uncommon to lose length if the short side is extended like the long side?

Maybe you had some retraction caused by the surgery

Jonbinspain

I think your eventual size can depend on how successfully you stretch the new grafted tissue. I was toted that it's essential to use traction and manual stretching exercises for a minimum of 3 months.

If the grafted tissue doesn't stretch, or you fail to use traction, I guess it's possible you can lose length due to retraction of the new tissue.  

MoatazKad

it seems that that it would depend on the kind of the grafted tissue.

why is the VED not used instead of traction?

Jonbinspain

Kuehhas told me that I can use my VED, but with great caution!  The reason traction is recommended is that it's more gentle than VED and stretches the tissue for a far longer period.