Stretching for baby's congenital curvature

Previous topic - Next topic

Maux13

Hello All,
I've a son who is 7 months old. He has congenital penile curvature and mild penile torsion. We don't know the degree of the curvature as he is just a baby now. One doctor told me we can see his penis erected position when he wakes up, before he pees but I have never got sure. We saw 3 doctors so far, 2 said surgery one said I wouldn't have surgery done if it was me.. I feel so confused. I' ve also read that it may get worse after puberty. What if he has surgery now and it repets afterwards during puberty.. Also I would like to ask if anyone of you know if stretching works with babies' penile curvature?
Thanks millions in advance..

LWillisjr

I think it is way too early to be making those kind of decisions. I would simply keep an eye on it for now. Any type of corrective actions can be made at a later point in time.  
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

wonderbread1662

I agree with Lwillisjr on this. If it is not a danger to his health at this point then I would not jump into surgery. Not only does it sound like a risky procedure but it just seems too soon to take that risk of something going wrong. It is possible that it could come back even if you have surgery as he is just a baby and has a lot of growing to do.

I would not try to stretch or try to change his curvature as he is still developing and it could harm him in a negative way. Like Lwill I would keep an eye on it. Wait for him to be old enough to make that decision for himself. It would be best if he was fully developed and knew that he would not grow any more. Then you and him would know that it won't get worse after surgery.

And if or when that time comes try and find a surgeon who is very skilled and has done that particular surgery many times. As long as it is not a danger to his health then you should not interfere with it. That's just my opinion on this.  

kuaka

Surgery at that age is not a good idea, in my opinion.  If he can pee ok, let it grow some and see where it goes.  Diaper carefully so as to not bind it up...especially at night...

Maux13

First of all, thank you for your answers..Very stupid question but I'm a mom and may be this can justify my extreme worries.. In France we went to a pediatric urologist for my son and he said he has penile curvature and penile torsion. Previous dr we showed him had said only penile torsion and afterwards 3rd dr said both too. While he was examining my son started crying you think he might have caused the curvature by mistake or on purpose to be able to do surgery because he said he definitely needs surgery because its not cosmetic its fonctional...

kuaka

Surgery is still not necessarily a good idea at such an early age.  Bodily tissue perceives cutting as injury, and it can cause scarring to develop which may make things even worse.