Peyronies traction device

Previous topic - Next topic

juanlim

Hi everyone,
I'm newbie. Can the traction applied on the  penis when wearing Peyronies  device affect the urethra?  

Stabler

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Because I personally don't know much about the traction devices I have sent a private message and asked one of the other members to come and view your question. I am hoping they will be able to answer your question. If you don't mind please come to the Introduction board Introduce Yourself - PDS - Peyronies Society Forums and tell us about yourself.

Thanks Mamma
Moderator since 2015- Missouri- I work in the medical field and have strong knowledge of insurance and how to obtain coverage for medication and other treatments. Being a woman I do not have Peyronies but you can ask me anything. I am happy to help.

kuaka

juanlim,

Yes, I believe it is possible.  Stretching the tissues will have some effect on all of the tissues.

That said, if your Peyronie's has shortened the length of your member, unless you have injured the urethra itself it is probably able to be stretched back to its previous length without too much concern.

I have some scarring in my urethra independent of my Peyronie's...from my original injury over three decades ago.  This scarring was never a shortening, but still interferes with my urine stream...I tend to spray.  It was corrected when I was catheterized for a knee surgery back in 1990, but returned a year or so later.  It is pretty much stable, so I don't consider it an issue requiring treatment.  When I manifested Peyronie's, I experienced a shortening overall...especially on the top as my bend is upward.

Again, if your scarring is OUTSIDE of the urethra, you can probably restore its original length without specific concern for the urethra itself.

I believe the key to any manual stretching...whether it be by traction or VED...is gradual.  What you don't want to do is introduce "new" perceived injury, as it may stimulate additional scar tissue growth.  As soon as you feel any discomfort due to the stretching, you have stretched enough for a given session.

I'm an engineer..not a doctor..but patience appears to be critical here.  YMMV

juanlim

Many many thanks to you Kuaka.Your explanation is very informative.I have  an  upward Curvature to the left.Contemplating to use Peyronies traction device for treatment . Would you or anyone of you like to recommend some best quality devices .

kuaka

I made my own.  It appears to be working well enough to save my money...  :)

juanlim

You are engineer,making such a simple device with precision is not much of a problem.As I'm just a layman,i have to get it somewhere. I've seen one from this website,www.peyroniesdevice.com,saying that
the device is clinically proven . But I'm equally attracted by www.x4labs.com 's product.I'm a bit confused
now,you can shed some light on this.......

kuaka

My device is certainly not precise.  Being as the cradle is made of a piece of hardwood, it is more of a hand sanding/shaping effort than anything else.  By using the long bolts and wingnuts, little precision was necessary.  I have not evaluated commercial units, and really cannot make a recommendation.  That said, there is one I saw which was specifically designed to allow "uneven" tension in order to correct a curvature, but it appeared to be adjustable only from side to side...which may be appropriate in your case, but was not in mine.  I forget which it was by name.  The biggest factor is likely to be the comfort level, as it takes consistent wearing to be of benefit.