New Member - Seeking advice

Previous topic - Next topic

R1

Hi,

I have been googling a lot these last days and ended up here.
Seems to be a lot of good informations and extensive feedback from forum members.

My history :
-i started to feel pain by end of year 2014
-i shortly after started to feel a node at the end of my penis (right before the head)
-i consulted a doctor (interim one) in feb 2015 which had no clue of what happened
-i got a radiography in march 2015 which asserted one or two small nodes (0.5 cm about) before the head of my penis : here again, the radio doctor did not have a clue
-i went to urologist in april 2015 who diagnosed a peyronie syndrom with the conclusion there was not much to do except taking Vitamin E
-googling around i realised i should take a more preventive cure rather than just wait and see
-my doctor then gave me (on my request) colchicin in early may 2015 (next to the vitamin E)
-i went to a second urologist in may 2015 who confirmed the diagnosis and whose first conclusion was "be patient" ... / on my request he aggreed however to plan corticoid (altim) shots
-to be noticed, this second urologist denied me pentox (which I suggested)

My first conclusion so far is that doctors do not seem to care much about it and are rather in a wait and see mode.
I find that disappointing when i understand that are possible solutions in the first phase (inflamatory) to reduce the consequences in the second phase (calcification).

Today I dont have any curve (the urologists mentionend i was "lucky" since it was at the tip and all around the penis).
The pain is plenty acceptable and does not feel during intercourse.
My erectile function is not affected.

Still, I am 42 and I want to be safe for the future.
Would you say my current treatment is enough : Vitamin E + colchicin?
Should I go for corticoid shots (i am not too much scared there)?
Should I be more demanding on Pentox next to my 2 current oral treatments?

Any feedback welcome :)

Regards,
R1.

LWillisjr

R1,
You had the experience with your doctor that many of us have had. Seems that only a few doctors take this serious. You need to be agressive in treating your condition and do not wait. The "wait and wee" approach could lead to more damage. Unfortunately what these doctors are telling us is what has been documented in text books and is very much outdated. Read the following links as it will help you with some basic background information regarind Peyronies.

MUST READ BEFORE YOU POST - Information for new members - Peyronies Society Forums
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History