Are there any drugs that would prevent erections?

Previous topic - Next topic

Thisismyusername

This is a strange question, I know.  I am unable to masturbate or have sex without pain lasting 24 hours afterwards.  As a result I try to abstain as much as possible.  I have noticed that if I masturbate close to climax but then stop, the pain only lasts an hour or less.  If I orgasm the pain lasts 24 hours.  I think this is because the pelvic muscle spams during orgasm pull the erect penis inwards towards the body and because of my curvature the penis bends.  Since my penis is so sensitive it is irritated by this.  

Basically, I think that if I could somehow masturbate to orgasm without getting an erection it wouldn't cause much pain.  But of course every time I start touching myself I get an erection.  Since I am very low on ideas for treatment, this is one of the only things I could think of.

I'm not really expecting that there is any sort of safe drug that would temporarily prevent erections, but since I have very few ideas I thought it would be worth looking into.  

LWillisjr

I remember reading somewhere years ago...... that something called Saltpeter was included in the diets of young men in "all boys schools" to help with avoiding erections. But I have no idea what this is and what the edible form of it might be.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Old Man

Les:

Saltpeter was used for many decades to control the libido in farm animals. Humans found that it could be used also in very small doses to preclude erections in men and sometimes women to help them control their sexual desires. The result of using it in farm animals was that they grew much faster and we did not have to deal with them trying to mate all the time.

It has since around the 1940s (if I remember right) been removed from public sale. Maybe someone older than me could come forward with a better answer to the question.

I do know that we used in the 1930s back on our farm.

Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

Jonbinspain

Bromide was what was used in prisons in the UK when I was young.  

rumbleindajungle

Since it seems like you might be depressed about what happening a strong antidepressant might help keep him down. But from what I know the more blood flow the better. Also if you having pain just a suggestion maybe start Pentox???

Pfract

Medications to stop erections, are to be used with extreme caution, unless you want to start suffering from erectile dysfunction as well as peyronies...

skunkworks

You would be far far far better off searching for ways to treat and/or deal with the pain rather than prevent erections. Regular erections are essential for the health of your penis and things could get much worse if you inhibit erections.  
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]

Thisismyusername

Yeah I'm basically abandoning this idea.  Lately I've had some improvements with pain, where I am able to masturbate a few times a week with pain lasting only a few hours.  This is an improvement over 1-2 days of pain that I had been dealing with for a long time now.  

I'm getting hopeful that pain will continue to improve over the next few years.  Hopefully I'll eventually be able to masturbate and receive oral sex without much pain.  I don't know if I'll recover to the point of having sex again, but who knows.