My Xiaflex/VED Trial

Previous topic - Next topic

TomThumb

James asked me to start a new topic to post my experience of the London Xiaflex/VED trial as it might be interesting to other guys.

I'm starting by posting a copy of the schedule of the trial to give you an idea of how it works.

Any questions, just ask

Tom

Ive

Good luck on the trial.

I am just concluding mine with Andrology and I will post my results up on or around 10th April.

MiniMe

I have a question about Visit 6, It's written "28 days later"(Cycle 2)...Is this after the first injection at cycle one or 28 days later after the home vacuum therapy?

TomThumb

MiniMe, this is 28 days after the assessment for home vacuum therapy. So, home vacuum starts about 2 weeks after the first 2 injections in cycle 1, then 28 days later the first injection in cycle 2 starts. That means that there are about 4 weeks of home vacuum treatment before the Cycle 2 starts. Incidentally, the home vacuum assessment means that the clinician needs to make sure that the condition of the penis is ok to start vacuum treatment, ie there is no evidence of penile fracture or haematoma, skin breakage etc and it is safe to start with the VED.

MiniMe

Thank you for the clarification, wish you the best of luck and excellent results!
Be careful with the pumping, especially after the injection.

TomThumb

Many thanks for your kind comments MiniMe.

Yes, I have had much discussion about the risks using VED after the Xiaflex has been administered!  

Ive

Both:

You will receive very good advice on this from the experts at Andrology so don't sweat this too much at this stage.

There has been much discussion on this forum about when and how often to use VED after the injections.

Only my opinion and advice, but I would listen only to the guys at Andrology, not others who may not be so well informed.