Traction

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

I just want to follow-up on my own post below.

I think the accumulated anecdotal accounts and very limited studies present strong evidence that both methods work.  There are no studies and may never be any studies comparing traction Vs VED.  We are lucky if we get a good study on either by itself.  One has to apply their best logic and understanding about how tissue remolding and or stretching actually work and decide which they think is the best.  They have to consider their make-up, life style, erectile functioning, and choose.  They can of course spend the bucks and buy both.

I caution people from buying into the concept that ANYONE knows for sure.  A lot of tissue expansion is known to work effectively only under slow long term traction.  Doctors use such tissue expansion for many things.  I know a young female that had a double mastectomy and had tissue expanders inserted under her skin.  She had supervised control over how big she finally wanted the stretch to be.  She was very upbeat and cute coming into the office and putting her chest out, saying to the other females, "what do you think, a little more or do these fit me pretty well?"   Over time she stretched the skin to her liking.  All of this prior to breast reconstruction.

We also know that tendon stretching and stretching of burn patient's scar tissue can accomplish a lot in frequent much shorter term stretching for several minutes a few times a day.

How much of the increase of the short plaque is remolding?  How much is accomplished by growing more cells?  How much is accomplished by stretching or elongating existing cells?  Again, I don't think anyone knows for sure.  We speculate based on other models of stretching/remolding.  As for most, if their penis gets a bit longer and straighter, they don't worry much about theory.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

LoveMyHusband

I looked quickly through the testimonials from the Fastsize site, but none seemed to be suffereing from Peyronies, so that was not very encouraging.  BUt I did look quickly, maybe I missed something?   How many hours a day are you expected to wear this, and can it be worn at night while sleeping ?

Attica!

LMH,
  There is quite a lot pertaining to Peyronie's on the FastSize web site. Go mid-way down the page and there is a box to the right. Go all the way to the bottom of the page and in tiny print you will see "penis enlargement forums". Click on that and there is a Peyronie's discussion board. The board is not bad, but not as comprehensive, informative and active as this board.
  As far as length  of wearing, anywhere from 2 hours to 10, that is up to the individual. And, no, you cannot wear it while you sleep.

Hawk

I think traction can be worn while sleeping under strict circumstances.  I often went to sleep with traction on and seemed subconsciously aware it was there.  After a couple hours I could feel some discomfort and I would reach down detach it and toss it over on the nightstand without fully waking.  

I think the following issues are key: (these are just my opinion and may not all be necessary or may be unsafe even if followed)

The wearer must not sleep so sound there is a danger of sleeping over 4 hours without removal.
The wearer should primarily sleep on his back while wearing traction and not toss and turn.  (My memory foam bed helps)
The comfort strap (X4) or noose should be a bit more loose than normal and use a bit less traction tension.  It is better to have it come loose or to under-do traction rather than restrict circulation.

Do not wear it while sleeping until he is adept at easily removing it.

I am not sure how nocturnal erections would impact the wearer.

Finally, I think it is perfect to wear if you take a nap after dinner etc. , especially in a recliner.  The time period and position are are ideal.

MJ33

I'm a new member thinking about trying traction. I read on the PEYRONIE'S  DISEASE INSTITUTE website (run it looks like by Dr. Theodore Herazy) that mechanical traction is harmful for Peyronies Disease or could make it worse. Any comments? And if I do go for one, what's better - X4 or Fastextender?

Old Man

MJ33:

Welcome to the forum! Hope that you will find the help you want and need here. There is a wealth of information about Peyronies Disease, therapies for it and many other health tips.

Now about the use of traction versus VED therapy. There as pros and cons for both approaches to therapy for Peyronies Disease. Both have their place in getting results. Only you can decide which method would work best for you based on your particular set of circumstance. You should consider the time you have to devote to each method and decide if you can successfully do it.

Bottom line is that only you can make the right choice. However, you can do both at the same time if you have the time and resources to afford both devices.  Let us know if we can help further. There are guys using these methods with success.

Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

Hawk

MJ,

I have no idea why that website knocks traction and I have no clue if it knocks VED's as well.  I will say that there is as much clinical evidence (very little) for traction as for anything out there on any website.  It is not a cure but a treatment that often works.  I would say it usually works in varying degrees but it is not convenient.  In fact there are few things that take a daily commitment that are convenient.

As far as I know the two units are almost identical except for the hybrid strap/noose system on the x4 which gives you a option for attaching the tension.  I like options and the cost is about the same.

MJ33

Traction seems to make sense to me in that I assume stretching tissue would likely take time. A VED device would only apply the stretch for a brief period. Also the pilot study by Dr Levine on traction seems encouraging - I take it there is no equivalent study for VED?

My physiotherapist told me that they regularly use therapeutic ultrasound prior to stretching connective or scar tissue as it makes the tissue more pliable or easier to stretch. Do you know if anyone has tried this along with traction or VED for Peronies?

Old Man

MJ33:

Yes, a study using the three cylinder VED was done in a clinic in Birmingham, AL, but so far the results have not been published as far as I know.

You should read both topic/threads on this forum under the subject or traction and that of VED usage. There are many posts about the use of both devices.

Results of both have not been as much as we would desire, but there are success posts about each method.

Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

Hawk

MJ,

I know of no one combining ultrasound and traction or even anyone trying ultrasound alone.  We have a topic on ultrasound.  A few members way back tried it or considered it but they had little to post.

Many have combined hyperthermia (heat) from a variety of sources with VED or Traction.  It seems to relax tissue prior to stretching.  Keep in mind however that "stretching" may not even be the objective, although we would settle for that.  Remolding is the primary objective.  By remolding we mean the slow replacement of plaque cells with either more cells or more natural cells.  This is technically different than "stretching" cells.  Both would have a similar result except remolding would be less limited by the extent of cell capacity to stretch.  That is also why we stress patience.  Cell replacement does not occur in short periods of time and high tension does not speed it along.

MJ33

Hawk

Your comments about hyperthermia are interesting. I had conversation with my physiotherapist today about peyronies & the possible use of therapeutic ultrasound & heat. He wasn't familiar with treating peyronies, but he'd had a lot of experience using heat & ultrasound and stretching/remoulding connective tissue. I'm not an expert, but here's what I took from what he said:

Heat does relax tissue and make it more easy to stretch. However externally applied heat (eg a light bulb or hot water in a bath) are unlikely to do the trick as our physiology is set up to dissipate & remove excess heat as quickly as possible via increased blood flow to the first tissues affected, ie the external or overlying ones. So extra heat on the outside of the penis doesn't translate to much of an increase in temperature further in.

Ultrasound (and I think microwave?) are effective because they induce internal heat in the target tissue. In the case of ultrasound the energy arrives as sound waves but is converted to heat within the tissue.
I notice that a few people had made home-made attempts to replicate the Italian study a few years back which seemed to get good results using hyperthermia. I wonder  if one of the reasons they were unable to replicate the results was because they were using only externally applied heat - when it seems like the Italians were using microwave induced internal heat?

Also as I understand it; ultrasound temporarily disrupts the arrangement of fibers in connective tissue and makes them more susceptible to realignment for a while - so in a physio situation, they typically use ultrasound on tissue for a few minutes, then stretch or friction it while it was in a more labile state.

Anyway, I'm thinking of having a go at trying ultrasound in combination with traction. My physio seems willing to help, and is certainly a lot more interested in trying something than my urologist who hadn't even heard of traction.

UK

I think this may have been posted before but there is a trial with hyperthermia planned or ongoing in Brazil, can't find anything else on it so hope that they are still going ahead with it.

http://www.controlled-trials.com/ISRCTN82950322/

MJ33

After listening to some of the advice on this site I decided to buy an X4 traction device rather than the Fastsize - on the basis that they were both basically the same price but the X4 has two choices of attachment. However when I went to the X4 website I noticed that X4 Peyronie's Edition costs $299 with a discount but the X4 Penis Deluxe Edition costs only $245 with a discount. The contents of both packages seems identical except for some Vitamin E capsules which are included in the peyronies edition. $50 seems a lot extra for some vitamins which I could buy myself.

Am I OK to buy just the deluxe version rather than the peyronies version? My concern is that the peyronies version include might have some how to use instructions that are specific for peyronies that the deluxe edition does not.  

Attica!

MJ

There are no "peronie's specific" instructions for any traction device. They all are basically alike. If the only difference between the two models of the X4 is one includes vit e and the other one doesn't, I would get the less expensive model. You can buy a lot of vit e at GNC for $50.00.

UK

I ordered my Andro-Medical traction device Thursday evening on-line here in the UK and it arrived Saturday morning - now that was quick. On page 10 of the manual it does refer to Peyronie's under special cases.

"Correcting Penile Curvatures: The device must be worn towards the opposite side of the curvature. A period of use of 6-8 months is advisable to correct 70% of the curvature. The increase in length of the penis will be inferior since the lengthening occurs on the short side of the curvature. Use the standard mode"

I selected the Andro device over the others as it was recommended following my UK National Health Service (NHS) Appointment on Thursday. I was also persuaded towards it as a result of it being accepted by the European Union as a legitimate Medical Device.

I hope to start using it within the next 24 hours and will start to record progress and share with the forum as time progresses. The NHS urologist was confident that I would see at least a 70% improvement in curvature based on previous experience and the location and size of my plaque (3cm dorsal, 45 degree upward and 15 degree curve left).

Hawk

UK,

I hope for good results for you.  I am totally puzzled by this statement however.
Quote from: UK on January 24, 2009, 11:06:36 AM
The device must be worn towards the opposite side of the curvature.
What could that possibly mean ???

My view of traction is that there is only one way to wear the device and obviously the short side is the side that will have the tension on it since it reaches its stretched limit before the long side is engaged.

Tim468

Perhaps they mean that it should be leaning towards the long side of the curvature, to exert a greater force on the short side.

Tim
52, Peyronies Disease for 30 years, upward curve and some new lesions.

Hawk

;D Well I think that is pretty ambiguous.  In fact I think "toward the opposite side of the curve" is pretty ambiguous even if a person knew what they were getting at otherwise.  Is the opposite side of the curve the inside or the outside of the curve ???

Frankly I don't see how it could make any difference.

Tim468

You put a traction device on and crank it tight - how hard could it be?

Tim

(I've done it - that was a rhetorical question)

ComeBacKid

Its good your urologist is optimistic, but dont get overexcited just stick to the protocol and be patient, dont' overdue it.  I've seen many prospect treatments come and go.  I don't think your urologist is accurate in saying any one person will react a certain with all the time.  Everyones plaque is different and presents itself in different ways.  HOpefully the traction will work for you, did you try pentox?  That is a cheap drug to take and seems to work somewhat.

comebackid

UK

ComeBackKid

Yes I am also on Pentox for 10 weeks now. I'm not certain how effective if at all it will be as my fibrosis is long standing. I plan to take for 6 months and then review at that point, once I have had a chance to combine it with traction. I don't like the idea of taking medication long term however if there was a clear indicator that it was reversing some fibrosis that would be a factor to continue. I guess I will never know whether it will be traction that may bring improvement or Pentox, due to them being long term therapies I feel I have no choice but to combine them.

So far on Pentox I have noticed some subjective blood flow improvement, however I have also noticed a possible side effect of shortness of breath /chest tightness typically when I wake up, however this could be down to the stress of this all.

gregvebe

hello
has anybody got experience with a traction device, somebody of my age (33years old)?
i believe in the therapy, but cannot imagine to wear this stuff for 8 hours and release it every 2 hours
i am very active person and do a lot of sports, seems unfeasable with the device( type fastsizer)
any comments, experiences, ...., very welcome
thx
greg

Hawk

Gregvebe,

You are correct Greg.  One can adapt to traction while watching TV, reading, paying bills, working in an office, moderate walking on level surfaces, shaving and getting dressed in the morning.  Not only would you fail to adjust to more physical activity with a traction device, it could be potentially damaging.

Hawk

Lancelot

As I am new to this discussion I read a lot and try to be informed as good as I can.
Today I found this brand new article and I am interested what you all do think about:

"Use of Penile Extender Device in the Treatment of Penile Curvature :

Tuesday, 27 January 2009

Urology Department, University of Torino, Torino, Italy.

Pilot experiences have suggested that tension forces exerted by a penile extender may reduce penile curvature as a result of Peyronie's disease.

To test this hypothesis in a Phase II study using a commonly marketed brand of penile extender. Methods. Peyronie's disease patients with a curvature not exceeding 50 degrees with mild or no erectile dysfunction (ED) were eligible. Fifteen patients were required to test the efficacy of the device assuming an effect size of >0.8, consistent with an "important" reduction in penile curvature. Changes in penile length over baseline and erectile function (EF) domain scores of the International Index of Erectile Function (IIEF) constituted secondary end points.

Patients were counselled on the use of the penile extender for at least 5 hours per day for 6 months. Photographic pictures of the erect penis and measurements were carried out at baseline, at 1, 3, 6, and 12 months (end of study). The IIEF-EF domain scores were administered at baseline and at the end of study. Treatment satisfaction was assessed at end of study using a nonvalidated institutional 5-item questionnaire.

Penile curvature decreased from an average of 31 degrees to 27 degrees at 6 months without reaching the effect size (P = 0.056). Mean stretched and flaccid penile length increased by 1.3 and 0.83 cm, respectively at 6 months. Results were maintained at 12 months. Overall treatment results were subjectively scored as acceptable in spite of curvature improvements, which varied from "no change" to "mild improvement."

In our study, the use of a penile extender device provided only minimal improvements in penile curvature but a reasonable level of patient satisfaction, probably attributable to increased penile length. The selection of patients with a stabilized disease, a penile curvature not exceeding 50 degrees , and no severe ED may have led to outcomes underestimating the potential efficacy of the treatment.

Written by:
Gontero P, Di Marco M, Giubilei G, Bartoletti R, Pappagallo G, Tizzani A, Mondaini N."

link to the original:

http://www.urotoday.com/3351/browse_categories/peyronies_disease/use_of_penile_extender_device_in_the_treatment_of_penile_curvature_as_a_result_of_peyronies_disease_results_of_a_phase_ii_prospective_study__abstract.html

I just ordered a recommended device today here:http://www.andromedical.com/?af=induratio

I will try it out while waiting for Xiaflex - I did already spend a lot of money with all kind of pills etc...so why not give this another chance...always better then having surgery!

regards

lance ( from austria-europe)

Hawk

Lancelot, Welcome to the forum and thanks for contributing.  Surprisingly, this is the first I have heard of this study.

I would be interested in Tim's take on this.  He is far more familiar with study methods, and terminology.  Some of this reads a bit strange to me, possibly either because of a translation issue, termonology, or because i am stupid :)

It is worded like they counseled them for 5 hrs per day rather than counseled them to use the traction 5 hours per day which is obviously the case.  It also says "flaccid penile length increased by 1.3 and 0.83 cm, respectively at 6 months." Does that mean at 6 and 12 months respectively?  If so the numbers should be reversed.

Clearly the decrease in curvature of this group was modest. (which all had < than 50 degree curve to begin with).  It also seems some of this was subjective patient data rather than objective measurement.

Tim468

There are a few methodological problems here.

The improvements were quite real. The improvement was only 3-4 degrees - not much change in angulation. But they did not say how much tension they applied. It is an Italian study and maybe something got lost in translation..

The phrase Hawk questioned stopped me too, but rereading it helped - "Mean stretched and flaccid penile length increased by 1.3 and 0.83 cm, respectively at 6 months. Results were maintained at 12 months."

The "stretched" increase in length was 1.3 cm (approximately a half inch) and the flaccid increase in length was 0.83 cm, at 6 months - and those increases were maintained at 12 months (but did they stop doing the traction device??)

It is possible that a greater degree of force (or a lesser degree of force) would have worked better, or more hours a day, or a longer treatment time. But those are details. Overall, this is encouraging and reinforces the mechanical concept that stretching over time works.

Tim

Hawk

Thanks Tim!  The "respectively" comment does make sense now that you pointed out two measurements. My fast read and general confusion on some of the wording missed that.

It is interesting that if you go to that link, then scroll to the bottom they have a PubMed link.  When on pubMed, there are about 3 more traction/VED studies up on the top right of the page.  The others do not deal specifically with Peyronies Disease but they are interesting.    

iceblue

FYI :

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/03/090305080516.htm

Penile Extender Increased Flaccid Length By Almost A Third Says Independent Clinical Study
ScienceDaily (Mar. 5, 2009) — Men who wore a penile extender every day for six months were able to increase the flaccid length of their penis by up to 32% and their erectile function by up to 36%, according to an independent clinical study published in the March issue of BJU International.

Researchers from San Giovanni Battista Hospital at the University of Turin, Italy, are now suggesting that this treatment could provide a viable alternative to surgery, as the results were significant and patient satisfaction with the technique was high.

"Twenty-one highly motivated patients, with an average age of 47, were enrolled and 16 completed the 12-month study" says consultant urologist Dr Paolo Gontero.

"Having undergone psychosexual counselling, to make sure that the treatment would be beneficial, the men were asked to wear the Andro-Penis device for between four and six hours a day for six months. The device comprises a plastic ring, two dynamic rods that produce the traction and a silicon band to hold the penis in place. The men were told to increase the traction from 600g in month one to up to 1200g in month six. Follow ups were performed in months one, three, six and 12."

Key findings included:

Men who took part in the study wore the device for an average of five hours in the first month, five hours in the third month and four hours in the sixth month.
The men's average flaccid penile length was 7.15cm (2.82 inches) at baseline and had increased by 32 per cent to 9.45cm (3.72 inches) in month 12.
The men's average stretched penile length was 9.62cm (3.79 inches) at baseline and had increased by 18 per cent to 11.32 cm (4.45 inches) in month 12.
No significant increase in penile girth, which averaged 10.4cm (4.09 inches) at baseline, was reported.
Average erectile function scores improved by up to 36%, from 19.9 out of 30 at baseline to 27.1 out of 30 at 12 months.
Four patients discontinued the treatment for four different reasons: pain and penile bruising, satisfactory results after three months, lack of efficacy and inability to follow the protocol. Another was lost to follow-up.
High satisfaction levels were reported in all categories except penile girth. The average score for overall satisfaction was 2.8 on a scale of zero to four, where four represents the optimal result.
Flaccid penile length scored 2.31 on a scale of zero to three, where three represents significant improvement. Penile length during erection scored 2.37 out of three and sex life 2.3. Penile girth scored 1.1.
"A number of surgical procedures are available that aim to elongate the shaft of the penis or enlarge the penile girth" says Dr Gontero. "However these have a number of disadvantages, including a lack of standardisation, potential risk of complications and high patient dissatisfaction.

"It should also be pointed out that the majority of men who seek help for a small penis fail to meet the clinical criteria for surgery. For example, only one of the men in our study had a flaccid penis length of less than 4cm and American guidelines strongly discourage surgery if men exceed this measurement. Twelve had dysmorphia (excessive dislike of a body part) and the remaining eight had undergone surgery for curvature of the shaft."

The authors believe that the results are significant.

"Our study showed that the penile extender device produces an effective and durable lengthening of the penis, both in the flaccid and stretched state" concludes Dr Gontero.

"If these results are confirmed by further research, we propose that the device should be used as a first-line treatment option for men seeking a penile lengthening procedure."

A pilot phase-11 prospective study to test the 'efficacy' and tolerability of a penile-extender device in the treatment of 'short penis'. Gontero et al. BJU International. 103, 793-797 (March 2009).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Journal reference:

Gontero et al. A pilot phase-11 prospective study to test the 'efficacy' and tolerability of a penile-extender device in the treatment of 'short penis'. BJU International, 103, 793-797 (March 2009)

Tim468

Good find, Iceblue.

LWillisjr

I find the data easy to believe. The hard part is wearing traction 4-6 hours per, every day, for 6 months. It's not easy.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

MJ33

I've been trying traction for the last 5 weeks or so. One thing I noticed almost immediately was an improvement in the flaccid length of my penis and the turtle shell effect went away. However, even if I could bear the discomfort, it's hard to find the opportunity to wear the thing for more than an hour or two a day. I was thinking of combining it with VED, which seems to be a quicker process. I take it there is no reason why I shouldn't combine both traction & VED therapy? Has anyone had any experience or results doing this?

Hitman

the increase in flaccid penile length is quite interesting and something the VED doesn't seem to able to replicate.

ComeBacKid

After I used the VED for over six months I clearly could observe a decent gain in girth, but the length gain was very slight, I don't think its very good at this.  As you pump it expands the penis outward, and unlike traction theres nothing pulling on it length wise to stretch it.

Hitman

i might look into buying the device very shortly.

LWillisjr

If you go for the Fastsize device, I believe you can get $30 off if you type "LEVINE" in for the discount code.
My History

Hitman

do you have or can direct me to a link for the device?

I imagine this would be it:

http://www.fastsize.com/

sizematters

Post deleted as a spam post and the member has been officially warned.

Hawk - Administrator

ComeBacKid

Are you associated with andro medical?  This is your first post on the forum, you just signed up for an account, and your username is sizematters, a typical ploy that penis enlargment sites use to attract low self esteemed men. You also have a floating ad which I'd bet 50% of the people on here don't know how to create, showing that you have some experience with online advertising and web design...   If you have any association with the company you should disclose it...  Also if you have any use with the product please let us know. Are you a peyronies sufferer?

Comebackid

Thumper

As scar does not stretch as normal tissue would I can see no reason to use the extender in such a way that it is tighter on the scar side.
I would say use it in a pretty much neautral position.

Thumper

i have been using my own method of traction at night when i sleep.
i have noticed an increase in length in two weeks.

i have noticed very little evidence of scar tissue being able to stretch undert the low loads needed to safely stretch out the scar.

my concern is that this method could cause more scarring?

LWillisjr

Thumper,
What is your method for wearing the device?
My History

Thumper

Hi Iwillisjr
I use a 2.5cm micropore (3M) length. stuck to the left and right side of my penis head (erect.. just to account for any possible noctural erections) I try for an even central location on either side of the head.
Leaving a large enough loop over my urethra so as to be able to move out of the way to urinate.
I then thread a length of 2.5mm shock rope  into that loop that i put over my head and around my neck so it resembles a necklace.

I have found it to be pretty comfortable and non restrictive to sleep with.

Regards
Thumper

Tim468

Thumper,

I am not imaginative enough to fill in the gaps here - in fact, I have no clue what your device is like. Could you describe it better and more completely?

Tim

newguy

Quote from: sizematters on March 25, 2009, 07:53:50 AM
I was simply trying to clear up that the product used in the study conducted in Italy (which iceblue mentioned) was indeed the andropenis and not fastsize or sizegenetics. I´m just really sick of other companies taking credit for the studies conducted with our product, and not theirs. We´ve worked really hard to be fda registered, to have the product patents, and to conduct both independent and in-house clinical trials and studies to confirm our results.  

I think it's fair enough that you came here to correct something, though let's be honest most of these devices are very similiar, so to the layperson the results of the study are more important than the product used.

Hawk

Sizematters,

I appreciate the full disclosure and introduction.  That would have been a nice first post but nevertheless it is a good post anyway.  ;)

Welcome

newguy

Quote from: Thumper on March 24, 2009, 03:13:58 PM
i have been using my own method of traction at night when i sleep.
i have noticed an increase in length in two weeks.

i have noticed very little evidence of scar tissue being able to stretch undert the low loads needed to safely stretch out the scar.

my concern is that this method could cause more scarring?

Good news on the increased size front. Are you refering to increased flacid or erect size? If 'erect' then how can you be sure that the scar tissue has not changed at all? I do think you have a point though, it likely is more difficult to stretch scar tissue. Plus since it's more fragile, you are rightly concerned about worsening it.

One thing I've always wondered about but have never received any input from here is a more pre-emptive approach. If someone experiences penile pain and is told that they have peyronies, let's say they used a very light traction stretch for many hours a day. I wonder what impact that would have on the resulting scar? Any ideas? Maybe the scar would form in the lengthened position, or maybe it would slow the healing process. That said, erections are encouraged during this time.

It seems to be tht those recently diagnosed are often in the dark, as the rest of us have been battling with this for such a time that we approach this from a different angle.  

Thumper

Hi New Guy.

I mean erect not really sure about flacid. As for the scar stretching ive seen no change in the angle. Im trying a low tension 5-7 hour at a time. Will keep posted on results
On the pain bit...yes I would definately say that that is tissue that has lost its elasticity and is more rigid. I firmly believe pain is a bad sign.
Having erections im sure is benifical to ensure bloodflow.

One thing that I feel to be just as important to this possible healing theoroy is good nutrition and no smoking, drinking, sugar etc

ComeBacKid

;) Thanks for the introduction, we don't mind if your with andromedical, we just appreciate the openness on saying who you are and what company your with.  To be honest I've talked to more women who say size DOES matter, than who don't care.  So in my experiences I'd have to say significant others do seem to care, but the margin is close!  

Comebackid

Tim468

Like all these devices, there is a top and bottom (or front/back) orientation. The Andropenis shows a picture of a curved penis being straightened by the use of it placed squarely on the penis and not rotated towards the curve at all. So the information shared here is in conflict with the picture on the Andropenis website. Interestingly, when I google Andropenis, the top hit page is the page entitled "Andropenis - Penis Enlargement Medical Device | Peyronie Treatment"

The problem I have with this advice, having used traction devices, is that the orientation is important. Rotation is resisted (the dvice tends to rotate back to normal orientation) and when it is placed on the base of the penis and rotate (say it was rotated 90 degrees to the right or left), then the rods are not at the top and bottom (or fron and back) of the base of the penis. What is wrong with that is that there is an increased risk of pinching the scrotum that way, for instance. Also, the gentle flare to the plastic base is meant to fit best when not rotated at all, and would cut into the interior upper thigh that way.

Also, are you saying that the sling exerts more force on the front (or top) side of the penis than it does at the more open side of the loop ,on the opposite side?

Tim

PeterUK

So which traction device do you find best?

And do they work at all?

I read on Jes Extender's homepage (http://www.jes-extender.com/en/home/peyronies-disease.html) that they made a medical study about peyronies. It seems to work rather well. But it's rather old, think it was from 2001. Do you peyronies experts know of any more recent studies? Any other traction device to use? And what about the prices vs quality. Prices seem to differ rather much - is it big difference between various traction device?

Thanks in advance