Traction

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

I don't like how that megasizer makes your penis and testicles a neon purple color.  The picture scared me.   ;D
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

jjmnpi

I'll ask my wife for her help and her opinion tonight and report back tomorrow. I have been holding off on any sexual activity for the last week. Like I have a choice.

jjm

Hawk

I have been looking at traction devices for a few months to check prices and to assess differences.  The most obvious difference you can see from a picture or drawing is the tension / support system.  Some use a piece of surgical tubing which never seemed like a great idea to me.  Some are starting to use a wider tension band.  Without wearing both it is hard to know which grips the best, and which is the most comfortable.

I agonize over choices and I hate to buy a system only to conclude I should have bought another one.  I have now found a traction device by X4 that uses either or both tension methods.  http://www.peyroniesinformation.com. This is right up my alley.  I like options! :D  Actually, the best illustration is at http://www.peyroniesinformation.com/index.php?action=pictures-of-x4labs

I have emailed the company with some questions and I think I will soon have a traction device.  If not this one, then another brand.  I am committed to give my very best shot at using a traction device, maintaining detailed notes on wear time, comfort, options, company support, quality construction and most importantly progress with size gains and deformity improvement.

I am not suggesting that I am not personally interested in this device but I am also committed to giving the members the kind of detailed assessment I value from others.

bodoo2u

Hawk,

If you purchase a traction device that uses a silicone tube to (choke) hold you in place, as I did, make sure you purchase plenty of gauze to wrap the area just below your glans, which is where the tube can irritate the vein that circles your shaft. Failure to use the gauze to pad yourself will result in a constantly sore penis and an inability to use the traction device as often as you would like.

You also need to be careful not to put too much pressure on your penis with the silicone tubing. It can cut off your circulation. It will take you a couple of times to learn how much tension to use so that you don't cut off your bloodflow, yet remain in place without slipping out.

Good luck.

Hawk

Bodoo2u,

Thanks for the advice.  This was exactly my concern from just looking at the noose system.   For this reason the wide collar seemed like it would be far more comfortable and not restrict blood flow.  My concern with that however was wondering if it would secure the device well enough.  I think that is why the duel system on the X4 appeals to me.

Hawk

jjmnpi

Update. After almost 3 weeks on the Fastsize, I haven't noticed any improvement in curvature yet. The biggest thing that I have noticed is that my penis is spongier. After giving it a test drive with my wife, my erections seem firmer and she seems to think that I have gained some girth. My wife was totally against this when I purchased it. She is a nurse and doesn't believe that this device would work. However, prolonged stetching of scar tissue does make sense to her. That is what this device does. I wear it about 6 - 8 hours a day. I take it off every two hours or so to give it a rest and I use the lotion that they provided. The only pain I experience is right under the head where the foam pad wraps around it. It is irritating but tolerable. You cannot see this thing under clothing. Unless someone grabs your crotch, no one will know you are wearing it. After years of trying different pills, some of which are very expensive, I still believe that this is working. Slowly, but working. I am going to be patient with this. I will keep you all posted.

jjm

bodoo2u

Did anyone else try the MaxPullr that Tim and I purchased on ebay? Someone wrote in a post that it was no longer available, which led me to wonder if there was a problem with it. Does anyone know anything?

Tim468

I did not purchase a MaxPullr. I am thinking now about buying a traction device, so I look forward to hearing any positive of negative reports.

Tim
52, Peyronies Disease for 30 years, upward curve and some new lesions.

Tim468

Are there any bulletin boards like our that are devoted to penis traction devices where we could go for advice and experience?

Tim

Hawk

There are some forums that deal strictly with traction but they are associated with the commercial sites that sell the devices such as:

http://penisenlargementproducts.org/forum/index.php?c=1&sid=0453b64170d7ff67d068e4ea3629d515

Which is on the X4 site that sells the device that comes standard with the optional fastening system.

Hawk

I received a X4 Labs traction device in the mail today.  I will review this product with periodic updates and then wind up with a one-post overview of the results.  I expect to assess progress over the next 3 to 12 months.

Device: 4X Labs Deluxe Model Extender.  http://www.peyroniesinformation.com/index.php?action=pictures-of-x4labs This link shows 3 shots of the end cradle. One picture is with the noose, one with the comfort band, and one with the cradle alone to show the hybrid design that allows you to switch systems.  It also shows an animation. This device comes standard with the hybrid system that uses either the conventional noose made of a solid hypo-allergenic noose (not a hollow surgical tube) that attaches behind the glans.  It also includes the wider comfort strap system found on a few newer traction devices.  This hybrid system allows you to use the retaining system that best suits you or best suits the circumstances for a particular session.  I am assuming that some alternating of these systems will allow for extended wear since each will contact the skin in different ways.

The deluxe package comes with 2 comfort straps and 2 nooses so you have a replacement for each with the initial order.  It also comes with 2 hypo-allergenic foam sleeves to place over the penis at the point of contact with the comfort sleeve to enhance comfort.  There are also 2 foam tubes that the nooses can be run through to enhance the comfort of that retention system.  Included with the spare noose and comfort strap is 4 pairs of extension rods of various lengths.  these can be combined in many combinations or to make a pair of rods of any needed length.  It contained a very small manual and a DVD with a brief video clip demonstrating the device.  The DVD also contailed 3 PDF files.  The DVD is for viewing on a PC.  One PDF file was an electronic copy of the manual, one PDF is a solicitation of testimonials and before/after photos for consideration to win $300.00 if used in a X4 ad.  The other was a more extensive PDF dealing with use of traction, general education on penile tissue, Peyronies Disease, ED, and manual and VED methods of enlargement.  This PDF directly claims this device is effective in treating Peyronies Disease.

This device came in a plainly marked package.  It was shipped from Canada.  In my case it was insured and the contents were creatively declared to be a "Tool Kit".

Initial Impressions: The 4X Labs traction device seems well made.  Although I have never handled any other brand of traction device, I cannot imagine any other system would be machined or designed any better.  If someone were to argue that all quality traction devices are very similar, the X4 still provides the "hybrid" dual attachment system which is unique and a feature not to be dismissed lightly.  The posted animated link clearly shows this system.

Baseline Data: I measured stretched flaccid length after a hot shower and some preliminary stretching to obtain my current maximum flaccid stretched length.

I also measured maximum obtainable length while under negative pressure in a single cylinder VED.  I did so after a hot shower and after several preliminary VED cycles to obtain maximum VED length. The length was carefully marked directly on the VED during erection.  I also visually and subjectively noted the significant dent in the dorsal base of the shaft.  I know of no way to objectively measure the dent or the girth of the shaft since I have significant ED and have problems obtaining a maximum erection outside of a VED.  I may try to measure with a VED retention band in place.

Protocol and Assessing Progress: I will experiment with this device for a few days using the different combination of retention systems and padding.  I will always measure stretched flaccid length with the same rigid ruler.  I use a thin flat base between the end of the ruler and my body to reduce any variation caused by the ruler pushing into subcutaneous fat tissue.  I am generally lean but without this base I can get variations of over 1/4 of an inch depending on how hard I push the ruler into my lower abdomen.

Note: I am primarily concerned with gains in size from my current length.  I know that I have generally lost very close to 2" in length since having a radical prostatectomy and developing Peyronies Disease.  I never had an occasion to measure my stretched flaccid length prior to Peyronies Disease.  I do know my pre-Peyronies Disease erect length.  This length varied 3/8 of an inch depending on measuring technique.  My stretched flaccid length is now 1 7/8 to 2 1/4 " shorter than my pre-Peyronies Disease erect length.

PS: If anyone has any input on objective measurements or other objective or subjective factors you think I can and should track, please make clear recommendations.

Hawk

Tim468

I found a pretty good chat board at the FastSize community boards (or some such name). Although it is populated mostly by fans and users of the FastSize system, they had some interesting things to say about the x4 system (mostly that they promoted themselves through spamming and trying to get lots of google links), and that the x4 system didn't help the end-user when a problem developed.

That said, I felt that the Andro-Penis Gold system was also pretty good, and also less expensive. It seems that they are all about the same in quality. If I get the Andro-Gold or the FastSize, I too will post updates on any progress.

Tim

bodoo2u

Sorry Tim,

I think (and hope) it was Liam who said he purchased the maxpullr.  

Hawk

I think therein lies the problem with commercially supported forums.  The hosts, administrators, and possibly many of the posters have the objective of promoting their product over the competition rather than reflecting an objective evaluation of traction in general or an objective evaluation of the competing brands.  We assume such forums are populated by fans of that product but we have to realistically ask how likely it is that they are also populated by company reps posing as satisfied customers and even disgruntled customers of other brands.  The attempt of the Augusta Medical rep operating as a shill on our forum, drives home the lengths companies often go to for a profit.

My guess is that the choices in traction devices boils down to this:

Cost - Cheap Vs expensive (in theory, this effects the quality of each of the other considerations)
Company Support - Customer support phone numbers, guarantee, parts supply and support
Quality of construction -Cheap Vs. precision and durability
Retention system - Noose, or Comfort Collar, or Hybrid (user can switch back and forth from noose to comfort collar)

Clearly, they all would apply tension on a flaccid penis.

PS: A traction device must have spring-loaded traction control to be safe.  This allows the side rods to telescope if a change in body position places more tension on the penis.  The telescoping actions prevents an accidental, momentary increase in tension.

jjmnpi

Hawk,
I thought the same thing when I bought the Fastsize. These people on the Forum work for the company and are promoting their product. The same with Dr. Levine. I could work for the company too, for all you know. But I don't so you'l have to takemy word for it. Today I received a 4 week follow up email from Fastsize. It may be some sort of pre-programmed template that automatically sends emails every month, but it gives a couple of helpful tips and also gives you an email address and phone number if you have questions. One thing I noticed since I have been using it is and I don't want to be too graphic, when I sit on the toilet to do my business, I can now push it down and it stays between my legs. For the last year or so, it was dificult to do. It kind of stuck out straight. They say to give it 3 - 6 months to see results. I'm happy with the very minor results that I have already received. I am supplementing with L-Arginine and that is it. Good luck with your purchase! Keep us posted and I will do the same.

jjm

Hawk

It is true that reps could and have tried to shill on this forum but there is little that a company could do to destroy their reputation faster than take the chance of getting caught at such a despicable act.  I employ every possible safeguard to prevent such activity, and some have been caught red-handed.

One of the best safeguards we have is concern over getting caught, and the fact that many established members of the Peyronies Disease community have know each other for several years.  Those that have been known to be Peyronies Disease patients trying treatments on the forums for years, are very unlikely to be company reps. and shills.

Ptolemy

I received the Fastsize two days ago and have cautiously began to use it. I am still using a VED and plan to continue. I will use the VED in the morning and the Fastsize in the evening 1 to 2 hours initially. So far it seems quite comfortable although I can't imagine wearing it to work. But if I begin seeing results I'm sure I will be persuaded.

I see my Urologist tomorrow. I am not sure what his view will be.

Hawk

Does the FS traction device you received use the noose system or the wider comfort strap system to restrain the glans during traction?

Hawk

I am assuming that even the cheap traction devices have spring tension, but I do not know that for sure.  The spring tension allows for the side rods to telescope under adjustable tension.  This has the effect of maintaining a set constant tension.  This is very important when moving, and changing positions (sitting, bending, standing).  When I change positions I can feel that as I cause more tension that the device does telescope.  This prevents what could be damaging tension from being placed on the penis.  If any cheap or homemade tension system does not employ this spring-loaded tension control, I would consider it dangerous.  Hopefully there are no systems that depend solely on solid threaded rods for the traction.

If you are unclear due to a second hand purchase etc., with the device off, just hold the device by both ends and press inward and see if it telescopes.  If it does this tension must be adjustable from very light tension to more aggressive tension.

pal-31

I am wondering if there was a reason why Levine went with FastSize instead of another device. Was it based on evaluation of different devices ? or the FastSize company asking for the study ?

Pal

Hawk

Pal

I suspect FS approached Dr. Levine, knowing it would be a masterful move to get a credible urologist to recognize a device heretofore ridiculed.  The company to be the first to make such a move would have the edge.  It could have just as easily been any of the other quality brands.  It is also always difficult to know what they used as an enticement.  They could have offered a free device for all his study participants, or other incentives.

I am sure I read that X4 Labs device which is manufactured in Canada made similar inroads and was presented at that countries Uro convention. (I don't have that reference at the moment since I have read so much).  I am sure other brands are doing similar things.

As I posted below however, all traction devices stretch.  Like a vacuum, it is not rocket science.  The only possible questions of consideration are those in my post.  If anyone thinks there could be some other consideration I would be interested in hearing it.

Quote from: Hawk on January 07, 2008, 08:13:54 PMMy guess is that the choices in traction devices boils down to this:

Cost - Cheap Vs expensive (in theory, this effects the quality of each of the other considerations)
Company Support - Customer support phone numbers, guarantee, parts supply and support
Quality of construction -Cheap Vs. precision and durability
Retention system - Noose, or Comfort Collar, or Hybrid (user can switch back and forth from noose to comfort collar)

Clearly, they all would apply tension on a flaccid penis.

PS: A traction device must have spring-loaded traction control to be safe.  This allows the side rods to telescope if a change in body position places more tension on the penis.  The telescoping actions prevents an accidental, momentary increase in tension.

bodoo2u

Hawk, thanks for opening my eyes to spring tension. I had no idea that it was employed in traction devices. Mine is a homemade version from ebay. It stretches pretty well and I don't understand how undue pressure could be exerted, since the stretch is maintained constantly and can neither be increased or decreased without moving the screws.

Hawk

Boodoo2u,

Just bending or stooping tends to retract the base of the penis that is inside the body and it can exert a significant extra tug on the glans which is strapped in.  Without a spring-tension system, that clearly is not good.  I think a non-spring system would be fine in a very sedate environment where you were sure to maintain a lying or standing position.  It could be used standing for an hour and then finish off in the shower.  If you slip however, I think it could be bad news in the form of an penile injury.

On the other side, if you put a non-spring loaded unit on while sitting, I think you would find that it would reduce tension when you stand up.

I think the more expensive brands all have spring tension but I would make sure and I would NEVER pay significant money for one that does not.

I have had some contact with several companies and I am considering re-establishing contact to get the scoop on such features.

For instance X4 Labs includes foam for each type of retention system.  A foam ring that surrounds the head of the penis for the comfort strap, and a foam sleeve to go over the noose, pictured below.  I think other quality systems include similar pads.  The pads that come with the X4 feel like memory foam.  If you press your thumb into them it forms to the thumb and the thumb print stays for a period after removing the pressure.

jjmnpi

When I stoop or get up and down from a chair, the head just pops out of the foam cushion. It's no big deal. You just go into a private bathroom and put it back in.

jjm

jjmnpi

One other thing that I noticed. I was wearing the device last night and was checking some emails. A friend of mine is always sending me some sort of pornographic email. I had a full erection while wearing the fastsize for the first time. I went into the bathroom to look at it in the mirror and it looked perfectly straight. I think since I was wearing it, it was stretching the scar tissue and allowing blood to flow into the damaged area. I don't know if this was a good thing or a bad thing, but it sure looked  like it did ten years ago. After about 30 minutes. I took the fastsize off and watched the email again just to see if there was a difference in curvature. It was hard to tell but I'm sure there was more girth and a harder erection. This is after four weeks of using it. I think you can get the best erections, harder and straighter, right after wearing it. It seems the scar tissue has a tendancy to retract after taking it off. Maybe after adding a few cm's to the device will help. We will see. I'm taking it slow.

jjm

Hawk

Quote from: jjmnpi on January 08, 2008, 01:38:31 PM
When I stoop or get up and down from a chair, the head just pops out of the foam cushion. It's no big deal. You just go into a private bathroom and put it back in. jjm

I consider that a VERY big deal for a unit costing close to $300.00.  In addition to being a huge nuisance, it also demonstrates that more tension is getting applied with a sudden pull or the penis would not get pulled out of the restraint.

Important questions:
1. Are the tension side bars on the Fastsize spring-loaded?
2. In the retention system a classic noose fitting behind the glans, or a wide strap that fits over the glans

Quote from: jjmnpi on January 08, 2008, 01:48:46 PM
I took the fastsize off and watched the email again just to see if there was a difference in curvature. It was hard to tell but I'm sure there was more girth and a harder erection.
jjm

Jim, didn't you take precise objective measurement before you started with the FS traction device?

dahc

The fastsize does have spring loaded torsion bars and the "classic noose" that fits behind the glans. I've experienced problems popping out bending or squatting too. To me it's just a minor inconvenience. Of course, it gets worse as you lengthen the device. I'm into 8th month using it.

It was about this time last year that I first noticed my erection starting to curve and probably a month later that the first Uro told me I had Peyronie's.

Ptolemy

Quote from: Hawk on January 08, 2008, 08:22:53 AM
Does the FA traction device you received use the noose system or the wider comfort strap system to restrain the glans during traction?

It comes with the noose system which I find very comfortable. I have had it too tight in which case no blood flows to the head and the cold temperature feels uncomfortable. In the down position it really helps stretch the area where I have the plaque. Sitting down and bending over with the device on seems to put stress on some areas. It's only the 3rd day though.

jjmnpi

dahc,
I agree. It is only a problem when you add length to the device. Since you have been using it for 8 months, is it helping you with your Peyronies Disease. Any improvements in length, girth or curvature.

jjm

Hawk

Quote from: jjmnpi on January 08, 2008, 01:48:46 PM
I took the fastsize off and watched the email again just to see if there was a difference in curvature. It was hard to tell but I'm sure there was more girth and a harder erection.
jjm

Jim, didn't you take precise objective measurements before you started with the FS traction device  ???

Hawk

I have experimented with the X4 Labs device for a few days and have some initial impressions.  I am sold on the hybrid system that makes it possible to use either the noose or the comfort strap.

Noose Vs. Comfort Strap - I have used the X4 in about six different 1 to 2 hr sessions.  I have tried it with different clothes, different activities, and different positions. I have done so with both the comfort strap and the classic noose retention system.  At these very initial stages I can say that I generally prefer the wide comfort strap.  I had some concerns that a wide strap system may not secure the penis as well as the noose but it secures at least as well if not better.  Comfort is also slightly better with the wide strap.  The truth is that I think it is possible to develop some sensitivity with either retention system.  If I feel any indication that this could be the case, I just use the other system on the next session.  I think the ability to switch, reduces the chance of irritation from repeated contact on the very same pressure points.  I am circumcised and it may be possible that this would make a difference on which retention system a man would prefer.

General Comfort - Over all, I am really surprised at the comfort level of just having the device on.  I like the fact that I feel I am doing something positive about my Peyronies Disease while my mind is on a totally different topic and I am doing paper work, working on PDS issues, or even watching the election news.  I often procrastinated regular VED use because I had to stop what I was doing and dedicate time to the VED and to clean-up.  On the topic of comfort, I fell asleep with this unit on and woke-up just enough about 90 minutes later to remove it.  I am sure I could sleep all night with it on and the instruction manual suggests that is acceptable but I would never try that, especially in the early stages when I am starting out.  I am concerned with a loss of circulation over many hours.  It is pretty easy to take this unit off even when still 3/4 asleep.

Lengthy info on Wearing a Traction Device with Clothes - Although I am surprised by the comfort, I reject any suggestion that you can expect to nonchalantly wear a traction device to your job under any clothing, and do your particular job. A traction device by nature, fully extends your penis to the length of a full erection.  You have the option to point it straight up, straight down, or at some angle in between such as straight out.  You cannot point or lay it laterally or at an angle in the crease of your leg as you learned to do with an erection as a teenager.  Pointing it up or out is not an option unless you like the image of walking around with a perpetual raging erection.  Pointing it straight down is the only real option for discrete wearing.  Depending on your penis size, the cut of your cloths, and your physical build, I even see the down position as a potential challenge.  For whatever reasons I tend to avoid giving exact numbers but in this case it may be relevant. Even with loss I am currently at least 6" (more on this later).  I also am relatively lean 5'8" 150 lbs.  Maybe the combination of body and penis size is even relevant. Six rigid inches straight down, means it hits the seam in the stride of your trousers when you pull them up.  This means you must tilt off to the side and down one leg.  This is doable but it requires loose boxers and loose pant legs.  I think a 5" stretch would be less of a problem but few people have a pants stride that hangs several inches below their testicles when they sit down (skate boarders being the exception).  I wore several styles of loose athletic wear with no problem.  I wore loose casual wear around the house with little problem.  I think loose suits would also work well.  In such clothing you could easily wear this device to a job that required lots of standing and walking on relatively level surfaces.  In such an environment you could almost forget you were wearing it.  Sitting is also easy enough, but it seems to cause a more lateral slant since you don't sit with your legs together.  Keep in mind that the base and traction rods have no lateral hinging.  Lateral movement tips the base that rests against your body.  Mild lateral movement is reasonable easy however.  Sitting tends to somewhat trap your penis because your pant leg tightens around your leg.   It can jam the head of your penis against a fold in your pant leg.  This pushes back, telescoping the traction rods and can take tension off the unit until you stand.  I feel I can wear this on my job since I stand a lot and happen to have a bathroom within 25 feet of my work area.  I will probably put it on at work.   I won't try that for a week or two.

Measurement correction: My initial measurement (before I ever began traction) was after a hot shower and some initial stretching and VED cycles to get what I considered to be a full flaccid stretch.  After my second 2 hours of wearing the X4 traction device (on the first day) I had an sense I should remeasure my stretched flaccid penis.  I am glad I did because it was a good 3/8 of an inch longer.  I immediately checked my size in the VED.  The VED size had not increased and was the same as my starting measurement in the VED.  I am glad I did this because if I had waited a week or so I may have attributed this increased flaccid length to tissue growth or increased elasticity when it clearly just reflects the real initial potential stretch of my tunica under prolonged steady tension.

Hawk

j

It's an obvious marketing opportunity - a line of clothing that artfully conceals the presence of a stretcher....  maybe one of those loose, boxy white linen suits from Miami Vice?  

jjmnpi

The Miami de-Vice to cover up your Don Johnson.

jjmnpi

Hawk,
To answer your question wether I took precise measurements before I started using the Fastsize, No I did not. I said in one of my earlier posts that I know, by sight how much my penis curves and I know how long it is. I am not looking to add additional length with this. I am looking to correct the curve. I feel that if the curve is corrected, my length will be fine. Fastsize actually gives you a tape measure in the kit. I didn't feel that it was necessary to measure. I'm looking to straighten. When I have the device on, I look like I can be a porn star, but then it's back to reality when I take it off. I was a happy 7" before Peyronies Disease, now I'm an unhappy 5" maybe 5 1/2" with Peyronies Disease. I really think if I  can straighten it out I will regain most of the length. I truly feel I'm on the right track with this.

jjm

Hawk

Quote from: jjmnpi on January 10, 2008, 11:18:56 AM
The Miami de-Vice to cover up your Don Johnson.

Now that was a line worthy of a laugh. ;D :D ;D

Hawk

I am spending this week bragging about my Scottish heritage to everyone even though I am actually German/Swedish.  It is part of my master plan.

In about 2 weeks I will start wearing a kilt with nothing underneath..  This device is very comfortable with a robe on so I figure a kilt will be perfect.  I just have to make sure not to flop down on any metal chairs and make a loud "clank".  

Old Man

Hawk:

Be sure that you don't stand on any ladders while wearing the kilt when the girls are around!!!!

Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

jmaxx

I have been in the active inflammatory phase since about August 2007.   Is it advisable to use a traction device or vacuum device during the inflammatory phase?  Will it cause more inflammation?

Hawk

Quote from: jxyz on January 12, 2008, 10:51:14 PM
I have been in the active inflammatory phase since about August 2007.   Is it advisable to use a traction device or vacuum device during the inflammatory phase?  Will it cause more inflammation?

Very good question and I am sure no one can be absolutely sure.  If it were me, I would use either of these but i would do so a bit more conservatively.  Much better in my view to put on some light traction before loss of length than it is to try to recover the length.

Old Man

jxyz:

Based on my experience with several guys exhibiting symptoms like you are describing, I would recommend that if you do use either the VED or traction devices that you use extreme caution. As Hawk says, you don't want to aggravate the situation by applying too much vacuum pressure or tension with the traction device.

Also, I firmly believe that the best time to strike against Peyronies Disease is in the very early stages before you lose too much. Shrinkage of the penile tissue will occur and it takes much effort to regain lost dimensions or erectile ability, etc. As has been stated in this forum many times, use common sense and caution in any therapy you choose to do.

Old Man
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

Tim468

I have chronically active Peyronies disease. Over the last few years it has sort of accelerated and is now causing more of a "denting" problem.

I think that is what is happening is that I am using the VED regularly. When I went on a two week vacation, I noted that my curvature worsened, and that the degree of disease (measured subjectively, not objectively - curve, dent, degree of ED, length) ALL worsened. I now religiously use my VED - I usually use it13/14 days in a two week period.

So, for me, the Peyronie's worsened without the use of the VED. I worry that the use of traction or VED will worsen the disease, but my experience is that it holds it at bay. I continue to try to figure out why it is more active now than it used to be - I am favoring a low testosterone as the reason for myself.

As is always the case, your mileage may vary (YMMV).

Tim

jjmnpi

It's been 8 days since my last post so I thought I would give everyone an update on my use of the Fastsize Extender. I've been using it religiously for almost 6 weeks. 4 - 6 hrs a day. A couple hours on a couple hours off. I've been using the after shower cream and the after stretching cream. I've been adding extensions to the device slowly. And sometimes I would stretch it as far as possible for an hour or so, then I would go back to a comfortable stretch. The things that I have noticed the most so far are increased sponginess, firmer erections and additional girth. My penis looks pinker. Before I began using the Fastsize, the head of my penis had a pale-ish blue color. It was like it had poor circulation. Now it has a healthy look to it. Like it's coming back to life. Maybe some of you medical guys on this forum can give some explanation for this. Maybe it's the cream that I'm using but it is definitely noticeable to me. I still have curvature which looks the same. Again, I'm going by sight. I did not take measurements before I started using it. I know my little buddy better than anyone. If there is improvement in the curve, I will know it. Another question that I have for the medical people on the forum is when I am wearing the device, I can feel a hard vein going up both sides of the shaft. It's like a hardened artery. Is this normal? Is this something associated with peyronies? Also, I can feel the plaque or scar tissue when it is stretched. Right where my curve is. If I get an erection while wearing the Fastsize, it is perfectly straight. I think stretching the scar tissue allows blood to flow into that area. I hope it is repairing that area as well. It may be slowly correcting the curve. Only time will tell. I'm going to continue using it. Like I have said in previous posts, I think I'm finally on to something after 10 years of dealing with this. Talk to you all in a week or two.

jjm

bodoo2u

So I've been using a traction device for a few months, and while I haven't seen an improvement in curvature, I do think I have regained some girth and stronger erections. The downside is that the "noose" has inflamed the vein that circles the area of my member just below the head. It hurts, even when I am not wearing the noose. Is there anything I can do to decrease the sensitivity? I guess that is what you would call inflammation.

Any suggestions? What about a product I read on the forum named Hirudoid cream? Is anyone else having this problem?

Hawk

The traction device I use (X4 Labs) allows use of either the noose or a wide comfort strap.  I have found that the strap is more comfortable to me, but even with the strap, at higher tension or longer wear it can cause sensitivity.  I think this is especially true in the early periods when you are learning what works and what doesn't.  I think step one is to stop using it until you are fully recovered.  Otherwise, it will only get worse and cause a longer layoff,and maybe even cause damage.

Once you start back, use short periods and low tension and experiment with gauze, memory foam, or even the self adhering gauze (if you have no latex allergies).  You should try these even if your device came with foam cushions that slip over the noose as many companies offer.  As soon as you develop any soreness that lasts until the next morning STOP using for a day or two and it will settle down.  With experimentation, and stopping irritation at the very initial stages I think you will be fine.

Hawk

jjmnpi

Brace yourself my friend.  While I hope the very best for you and for real improvement, we can never know.  I think you have a scolding coming.  You have very largely destroyed the TREMENDOUS asset you could have been to the Peyronies Disease community because you can provide absolutely no objective information to others.  This is true because you did not bother to take an hour to make and record detailed initial measurements of curve, diameter, and length (both hand-stretched flaccid length and erect length).

Quote from: jjmnpi on January 18, 2008, 10:58:13 PM
The things that I have noticed the most so far are increased sponginess, firmer erections and additional girth. My penis looks pinker. Before I began using the Fastsize, the head of my penis had a pale-ish blue color. It was like it had poor circulation. Now it has a healthy look to it. Like it's coming back to life... I still have curvature which looks the same. Again, I'm going by sight. I did not take measurements before I started using it. I know my little buddy better than anyone. If there is improvement in the curve
Such subjective assessment is KNOWN to be very flawed.  This is especially true with changes that will happen over months of gradual differences rather than days.  

We will never know if you gained length or how much length if you do.  We will never know what your curve was and what the percentage of improvement was if it improves at all.  While you may only need some perceived improvement to make you happy, these are the very things we need to know.  No one is going to spend this money and go through this routine because of "head color" or because someone reports in the end that they "are a bit bigger and the curve looks better"

I appeal to all members to remember the community that supports you and depends on you to give us  back the one thing that we are so lacking: accurate, detailed, objective information we can use to guide our search.  Even the best attempt to be objective has flaws.  When we remove these attempts we have nothing.

jjmnpi

Hawk,
I'm ok with my size. All I care about is straightening this thing out. I don't care about measurements. I don't care about girth. I'm not going to be a porn star anytime soon. All I want is a straight dick! After ten years of popping pills and rubbing creams and hand stretching and internet searching I have gotten nowhere. So if I wear this device for 3 - 6 - 9 or 12 months and It staightens it out, good for me and good for anyone else who has gotten nowhere with this disease. If I take time out to measure, is it accurate? Will I get different measurements when my penis is warm vs. cold, day vs. night? I think I might! And when I tell you how long or short it is or how much it curves does anyone really care. Anyone with this disease cares about eliminating scar tissue, pain and curvature. People on this forum aren't looking to be hung like a horse. They are looking for a cure. It doesn't look like we're going to get one soon. At 45 years old and dealing with this since I was 35, I want a cure yesterday. You can continue to give us your scientific medical mumbo jumbo and I'll continue to read it and it will continue to get us nowhere. I'm being proactive on my own and hopefully giving back to this forum to help somebody else. If the forum doesn't want me to give updates, I won't. My objective information is what I see. My information has been upfront and honest. I would love to stay on track with this for 6 months and be able to post an message on this forum, and tell someone who has just been diagnosed with a case of Peyronies Disease everything that I have gone through since 1997, and how much money I spent, and be able to give him a cure so he doesn't have to deal with it as long as I have. In the mean time, you keep surfing that black hole for an answer that doesn't exist.

jjmnpi

Hawk

Quote from: jjmnpi on January 19, 2008, 05:55:03 PM
Hawk,
I'm ok with my size. All I care about is straightening this thing out. I don't care about measurements. I don't care about girth. ...And when I tell you how long or short it is or how much it curves does anyone really care. ... My objective information is what I see. ...
What you see and do not measure is subjective information not objective.  A ruler is objective.  Your impressions are subjective.

Jim,
I guess you read right past the point.  We know you don't care about size.  You made that very clear but men here do care about their loss of size.  Read the forum!  Men here do care about how much the curve changes and the evidence.  Men are here precisely because they care about the loss of size or degree of curve.  The question is, do you care that they care ???

Jim, I am not picking on you but giving an honest point of view about the lack of benefit when members on any forum fill it with discussion about the shade of color present in the head of their penis while disregarding the very information everyone repeatedly says they do care about and need in order to make informed decisions.  It does not matter if it is traction, VED, or any other treatment, the principle is the same.

I repeat my appeal to all members to remember the community that supports you and depends on you to give us  back the one thing that we are so lacking: accurate, detailed, objective information we can use to guide our search.

Tim468

PMFJI...

Hawk, some of us have a desire for such "objective" data, but the fact is, as Jim pointed out, the conditions under which we measure the growth are quite variable. When I navigate to penis enlargement sites, the before and after pictures look to me what I look like without, and with, a slightly "fuller" hang. IOW, it doesn't seem "objective in the least. I have to take it on faith that the penis stretchers have left them permanently longer and fuller. But still, I wonder what they would look like after a dip in a cold mountain lake.

When you stir in the following facts, it is hard to imagine getting objective data easily: Erection size and firmness is dependent on arousal, emotional mind set, temperature, pre-existing conditions (just out of that mountain lake or just out of a hot tub), and method by which one gets an erection. The medical literature is full of articles about how best to measure an erection to objectively measure changes post operatively. It seems that consensus is that an injection in a warm room is the best way (trimix or PGE2 injection). When you recall the reasonable objections many of us have to the injections, the likelihood of getting erect sizes measured well is very difficult.

It is extremely easy for me to imagine that any one of us could wish things were better so much that they see a "slight improvement" - which could simply be due to harder erections because of an improved mental outlook. Similarly, I hear from young men (mostly young men) who are convinced they are getting worse when it is possible that they are simply getting worse erections due to their nerves.

To me, a "subjective" report has some value. An "objective" report has some value. I think that you are overstating the value of the so-called "objective" reports.

Finally, we do not all come here merely to learn what way works best. We come here to support each other and to get support here for the emotional troubles that this problem brings. Jim's getting chided because your desire for objective data was not met, does not seem to me to fit in with the goals of creating a supportive community. I understand (I think) why you feel so strongly about this. I feel like we are on our own a bit, and we need to help each other in the ways that doctors do not.

FWIW, here is what I am doing with my VED:

I soak in hot water at the end of the day. After about ten minutes I pump up. It takes me a variable amount of time - sometimes longer sometimes shorter to get fully erect in the VED. On one device I have a ruler appliquéd on, although it starts at about 7/8 of an inch up the tube from the base! I note that with that tube, the "length" varies depending on how I rotate the tube and with magnification problems through the glass. I use the appliquéd tape measure on the dorsal side (the top side). With another tube, there is no ruler. With that tube, I have found that if I partially wrap my left hand around the upper portion of the tube, and I align the skinfold crease of my fingers with the left border, and the top edge of my index finger with the top of the tube.. that my penis end comes up to the "top" of my little finger as I look at it. If I vary the angulation of the view at all, it looks longer or shorter.

So, using my way of measuring, I have noted that my penis now comes up to the interspace between the pinkie and ring fingers (or stated another way, three finger breadths from the top of the tube). That is an "objective" and precise measure of improvement, for it used to only come up to the edge of the little finger. The width of the finger is about 5/8ths of an inch - so perhaps that is the length I have gained back.

Nevertheless, I have also pointed out that these "gains" are not apparent in a spontaneous erection later. Interestingly, if I get a spontaneous erection right then, it is still longer and straighter compared to one obtained, say, 1-2 hours or more later. This short lived increase is why I am now thinking that the traction might help me.

So, I have a good way to follow progress. It is an improvement over lining up the end of the penis as viewed through the pump with the edge of the tub! But it is certainly not something that anyone else can do in a way that can compare to me directly! I do believe that my messages regarding the VED are no less helpful to the group though:

1) Heat allows better stretch.
2) When I do not do it for a period of time, my Peyronie's worsens (I have "active" Peyronies Disease) in a way that seems permanent. "Not getting worse" is not as good as "Getting better", but I'll take it.
3) The improved length after soaking for ten minutes and after a gradual increase in pressure (using a "pump and release", and a milking action) work best to get me completely stretched out.
4) These findings are maintained immediately afterwards for sex, allowing for a harder and longer and (for me) straighter erection - if it happens soon afterwards.
5) These findings suggest that those with complete ED and Peyronies, using the VED to get an erection for sex might get better results if they do this first (though some spontaneity is lost, one can "get ready" in privacy in the bathroom, and then go forward in the bedroom as you normally would).

I think these "data" are of value, even if they are not either reproducible, or easily shared. The observation regarding the color of the head of the penis is of interest to me, for it does suggest better blood flow. It is all of interest, and our task is to sort out the crap from the good stuff. Getting angry over not having our own desires met, though, does not serve any of us well, IMHO.

Tim

Old Man

Special note to all users of traction and/or VEDs:

As I see it, any form of stretching of one's penis is good for it's health. Shrinking up after prostate cancer surgery is a common problem. It is just now being ackknowledged by uros and surgeons that VED usage as soon as possible after prostate surgery is one of the best ways to prevent losage of dimensions. I don't know of any using the traction devices though. So, to each his own.

An added note in VED usage for ED is this:  Why not include your partner in using the VED for erections leading to sex afterwards. You might find that those partners willing to participate in the process will get "turned on" quicker by observing one's erection develop. In words of an old Chevrolet sales ad way back when: "Eye it, Try it, Buy it". It worked then, maybe now.

I find that this has worked for me in the past.

Old Man

Hawk

Tim,

I respect your right to your opinion but I disagree with 90% of your post.  You do make a valid point in this paragraph
Quote from: Tim Finally, we do not all come here merely to learn what way works best. We come here to support each other and to get support here for the emotional troubles that this problem brings. Jim's getting chided because your desire for objective data was not met, does not seem to me to fit in with the goals of creating a supportive community. I understand (I think) why you feel so strongly about this. I feel like we are on our own a bit, and we need to help each other in the ways that doctors do not.
That last sentence hit the nail on the head.  I did think about the other point of just getting support, but when a man is not in crisis, and is in a prolonged program and just doesn't care to share the critical data, it leaves me dismayed, not angry.  I have not been even mildly angry. I have only been disappointed at a lost opportunity and a lack of desire to provide the best support to others in return for the support received.  Support is a 2 way street.  If we only do what benefits us with no thought for the group, there is no support for anyone.  On that basis, there would be no forum.  More than hoping to convince Jim, I wanted to at least make that point for those that might care enough to make the effort.

I won't go through the very easy accurate methods of measuring the penis again except to add yet another such method.  A stretched flaccid penis under prolonged traction, does not vary according to temperature, mood, or any other variables.

Trust me, men can use the forum for years to come to talk about feeding ducks to combat stress, or make quotes like "I am clearly improved" with no specifics about what that means or what protocol got them to this vague and meaningless point.  As long as THEY get some psychological benefit from it and as DR. Levine characterized forums, as long as they get a chance to chat and "vent" all will continue as it always has.  

Thankfully there are many that seem interested enough and strong enough to at least try to expand the volume of knowledge rather than fulfilling their needs ONLY.  I plead guilty to the admission that it is difficult to accept the attitude that "since there is nothing in it for me, I won't put myself out for others".    The projected attitude I was responding to is beyond my scope of understanding.  I was always taught and always embraced the concept of trying to give back to your, society, nation, neighborhood, friends, family, and supporters.  When someone suggests that has never occurred to them in the first place, and when they reject and chide the concept after it is pointed out......   Well, it just leaves me with a stunned  ??? :o