Incorrect Tension on X4 Labs Device

Previous topic - Next topic

Nelson

Hi All

I've just purchased the X4 Labs Deluxe Traction Device, thanks to some helpful advice from the forum. Before starting, as suggested I thought I'd check that the tension settings at the 3 marked lines on the telescoping rod matched the 500 grams/1000 grams/1500 gram settings advertised for the Deluxe model.

So far not good.

To even reach the first line I have to apply over 1100 grams of force. The 2nd and 3rd lines require far more force again. I'm using a set of electronic kitchen scales to measure the force required to reach each line, but just to ensure the scales were accurate I placed two 500 gram weights on top of the traction device, while it was upright on the scale. The 2 weights came to 998 gms, but even with the force of the weights,  the springs did not even contract down to the first line.

I then took the device apart and reloaded the springs and started from scratch, and again the same findings...

Has anyone else had issues similar to this? The springs don't seem to contract overly smoothly, theres a slight grinding sound when I push down on them but its a brand new device so I'm not sure what else I can do.

Any thoughts/advice appreciated.

Many thanks

Nelson

jc961

Have you tried calling the manufacturer? Maybe it's just a bad one.

Nelson

Yeah I did get in touch with the manufacturer via their email support line,  they gave out the standard line of ' there are 3 lines, each line represent 700 grams of force' etc etc completely ignoring my concerns. The Deluxe Model only goes up to 1500 grams as well so I think it was just a stock standard template response.

I've written back offering to show photos of how much tension I need to use to compress the springs, or I'll even send the device back to them and have them test the tension and see how far out the measurements are so we'll see if they respond.

Disappointing start to my Traction experience. I'm thankful to the members if the forum who recommended to check the tension before commencing however...

Cheers

Nelson

Nelson

Hi Guys

Just thought I'd let you know I ordered some new springs from X4 Labs Australia - I never received a response to my queries/emails from the X4 Labs team in the US which was disappointing.

Anyhow long story short I had the same issue with the new 2100 gram springs I ordered so its obviously something I'm doing wrong, or maybe the device needs lubricating. Either way popped down the hardware store, found some springs the same size
with a lesser tension, and luckily these springs max out at approx 700 gms/1400 gms/2100 gms.

Thanks to Skunkworks for the great advice.

Unfortunately I'm going through a really painful phase so not sure its a good idea to start traction at the moment but can't wait to get started, am extra cautious of causing any further inflammation however.

Really glad I found this forum.

Cheers

Nelson

skunkworks

Glad to hear you found some  better springs, bit disappointing it didn't work out of the box but from the look of their support forum it seems quite a few are having the same issue but don't even know why.

With regards to going through a bad period, in my very subjective opinion, the best things to fight inflammation are keeping insulin as low as possible and getting lots of sleep.
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]