Anyone else miss intimacy?

Previous topic - Next topic

emasculated

It's been over a year since the relationship with my girlfriend ended, about the same time symptoms started and I just realized how much I miss intimacy. This includes sex, being close to a female etc..
I have so much ED and recurring, varying degrees of pain that I don't have any courage to approach a female etc.. So I have been trying to compensate this need and lack by calling a phone sex line, webcam chat and other "creative" ideas.
I try to distract myself with work, but pain is a constant reminder and I still have these moments daily when I feel just very sorry for myself getting this at age 27 and see myself alone, isolated and depressed in the however long future. Especially, when I see or hear anything that reminds me of 1) sex, 2) women, 3) relationships, 4) love etc.. and we're surrounded by these reminders. I have to add that I also have noticed a strange mixed to negative feeling about sexuality. E.g. I don't particularly enjoy looking at a hot girl on the streets and just enjoy the sight. Because it's sort of a painful subject and I can't really relax and enjoy the sight because it just reminds me of negative thoughts.
Other single guys here who can relate to any of this??
"Without health life is not life; it is only a state of languor and suffering - an image of death."

Skjaldborg

Hi Emsaculated,

I got Peyronie's while I was still married. I am now separated and headed for divorce. Oddly enough, Peyronie's didn't cause the break up, things weren't great before hand to be honest.

Anyway, yes, I feel I can relate. I miss intimacy and sex and all that stuff, but I am not in a position to search for that now since I need to get my career and life in order. I am also an introvert; I need very little social stimulation and I rarely feel lonely. I can count the number of times I have felt truly lonely in 34 years of being alive on one hand. I am naturally happy to be alone (or with my dog, who is better than people).

That said, I do want to have another relationship eventually. I worry a little bit about how Peyronie's will affect that and bringing up the topic might be awkward. The thing to keep in mind is everyone's got problems. Everyone. That hot girl on the street you don't want to look at might be dealing with emotions and problems you can't begin to understand.

If you're trying connect with new people, be genuine and honest. Keep it in the back of your mind that everyone is struggling with their own issues. Remember too that confidence isn't just about "feeling perfect;" it's about feeling good and presenting yourself well in spite of difficult circumstances. Life is hard on everyone in different ways. If you meet a good person, they will understand this too.

Good luck. PM me if you want.

Skjald

dioporcolorisolvo

Quote from: emasculated on March 08, 2014, 01:43:00 PM

I'm in your identical situation.
I'm 30 years old and i've peyronie since 3 years. My last relationship ended 2 years ago. From that moment i've not been anymore whit a girl because i've worry to know new girls. I go to prostitutes but it's not the same thing.
I've entered in deep and strange mental state that it's very difficult to express.

rd

I can totally relate, I got peyronies when I was 30. I am now 33 about to be 34. Since getting peyronies I have pulled away from all my friends because of the pain and discomfort and as you mentioned constant reminder of what I feel I can't experience or enjoy. I pulled away from much of my family as well. I just didn't feel like a normal person and didn't feel I could be around people. My pain has pretty much vanished and my lumps and dents seem to be fading and things seem to be getting better although very slowly. Being pretty much pain free and almost lump/dent free I still keep to myself and focus on work and anything else that takes my mind off of peyronies. I do feel I will get back to them eventually as I feel its just a matter of time until I am free of lumps/dents. But I do miss intimacy, as I stopped when I learned of my condition. I was also a very intimate and sexual person before this so you can imagine how much I miss it.  

user of no names

Intimacy.  I am not even sure what that is.  I haven't dated for 12 years and I'm 33.  My only sexual relationships have been with hookers as you can discard them after sex and not worry about what they think.  I do miss being in the company of women.  The biggest fear I have is being alone.  This gets worse as you get older as your friends have families and kids and you see them less.  My struggle has been harder recently and dealing with this doesn't get easier.  I feel like I'm trying to self implode through more pot smoking  and rx drugs.  This at least numbs the pain.  My thoughts have been filled with suicide.  Pain ends when you die except for those who care about you.  May god find a purpose for me because I don't see one.

Frozen in mn.

dplookin

Don't give up yet.  I am 67 years old and I haven't had sex with anyone since I was 38.  ED started in on me at that age, and looking back, the cause of my Peyronies could have started back then.  I just wasn't aware of what was going on.  And, I have been through so much other Hell since then that I didn't really have the opportunity to try and solve my problem.  Now, I have, what I call, Severe Peyronie's and have lost a few inches in length with very little hope of solving the problem..........but, I don't have a tear in my eyes for Me, but I do for you.  Please, you are too young to give up.  You don't know what type of miracle could happen in the future for you.  Keep working at solving your problem, also, look up on the Internet for info on "DMSO with Iodine" for solving your Peyronies.  Keep the Faith.