Cayenne Pepper

Previous topic - Next topic

ashtown

I'm slightly surprised that nobody has ever really mentioned cayenne pepper as something that might be useful for Peyronies, since it promotes good blood flow, acts as a strong anti-oxidant that fights inflammation and offers pain relief. It is also said to boost immunity and be good for the liver, which is important because anything that is good for the liver is likely to be beneficial in other ways.

I've only been trying this for a few days but I basically put a teaspoon of cayenne pepper in a glass of warm water and wash some around my mouth before knocking it back. I follow that with some green tea just to remove the heat but within a couple of minutes you can feel the effects, so taking other meds at this stage will possibly be more effective as the blood is rushed around your system.  
Dec 2013 - Replaced all prescribed medicines with plenty of fresh vegetables, sleep and exercise

funnyfarm

Cayenne is very heating so does not work well  for my issues but glad it is helping you.  Others I prefer (I make a tea with them) are licorice, marshmallow, gotu kola, and aloe.   They are all cooling and anti-inflamatory. Also be careful too much of a good thing often has opposite effects.  I would highly recommend "the yoga of herbs" by dr david frawley who is trained in both western and eastern medicine.  
When you are in tune with the unknown, the known is peaceful.

ashtown

I don't know for sure that cayenne pepper is helping me. Just looking at the general qualities made it seem like something that might be useful. It's one of those spices like turmeric that is highly rated for all sorts of curative effects. I found some information on this page if you scroll down to the part on cayenne. Power Foods that Heal

I'll have to look into those other items you mentioned. I recently studied a lot about fermented foods and they way they can help a body to heal.  
Dec 2013 - Replaced all prescribed medicines with plenty of fresh vegetables, sleep and exercise

funnyfarm

If it is helping the inflammation you will know in a few days if not immediately.  But the bending will take much longer to notice a difference. I have also noticed I have to rotate herbs (for inflammation), taking the same on everyday seems to blunt the effect.  btw turmeric is also heating, I use it (curcumin "95") but very sparingly and only with food.  

ashtown

It sounds like I have more to learn because I was under the impression that turmeric is a strong anti-inflammatory. It is also said to help with healing. When I mentioned it to my urologist at the last appointment he said it was good.  

funnyfarm

yes it is anti-inflammatory and also heating.   sometimes hot herbs will pull inflammation out of the body, but it is more of a provoking effect, as opposed to a soothing effect from a cooling herb.   Ginger is another good example of a hot herb that will treat inflammation.  The problem with these is you tend to feel worse before you get better.  On the other hand, cooling herb will bring immediate relief if selected and dosed properly.  Unfortunately most western modalities do not recognize this distinction, however these principals are deeply rooted in chinese and ayurvedic medicine. I would recommend seeing an experienced practitioner and studying on your own.  

ashtown

I had never thought about it in those terms of hot vs cold, though I do know that turmeric can bring fast relief when experiencing pain that is comparable if not better than painkillers like ibuprofen. Obviously I need to do more research here.

I've suffered a bit of a setback from my last appointment when the urologist pressed far too hard during the examination over several minutes and I'm pretty sure it directly caused significant damage. I started telling him what good progress I'd been making since the change in diet and he strangely went all negative saying that it was now soft and rubbery, so no treatment would be effective. He said I would almost certainly require surgery and proceeded to pinch every area between thumb and forefinger, which made me wince at times.

That evening I drove back home in great discomfort and the pain remained for a good ten days after which I noticed new pain during erections near the gland and areas of scarring extending down from the top that had never existed before. I've been debating whether or not I should make an official complaint but I'm not sure it would do me any good.

We have another appointment set for 6 months time but I can't see myself going back there and I'm really losing all faith in doctors when it comes to Peyronies. They either seem to be clueless or worse still destructive and somehow I need to find a way so that my body can heal itself.