Why bother?

Previous topic - Next topic

DunellenGuy

I've read many posts that say to see your urologist. But, it seems like there is really nothing that anyone can do to help with my Peyronies, so why bother and spend a bunch of money to have a doctor tell me that I'm right, I have Peyronies, and there's not much I can do about it short of an excruciating and time consuming regime of pumping or traction or hit-or-miss medications.

I'm in my 50s, and I started developing Peyronies over a year ago. Used to have a straight penis with a gentle arch. I felt pretty good about it, to tell the truth. Now I've got what looks like a 45 degree bend to the left. The good news is that it's not particularly painful, I have no problems with ED, and my wife insists that it's ok with her. But to me, I feel deformed when I look at it. My solution so far --- don't look at it.

-Lefty

Skjaldborg

I agree that this is a very frustrating condition that packs quite a psychological punch. However, I disagree that it's not worth trying anything.

Indeed: there is no cure for Peyronie's. There is no magic-bullet pill or cream from the drugstore that clears it up like a bad rash or a hangover. Again, there are too many urologists who don't know much about the disease and their "wait and see" approach is demoralizing at least, harmful at best. I'll grant you that.

But there are treatments that do work (this forum is proof) and just like many other diseases you have to be your own advocate and find the best doctors around. I was in considerable pain and suffered significant hourglassing and shrinkage before I took pentox. Within weeks of using this drug the pain was gone and over time, the deformities have improved. If you had to pick my "equipment" out of a line up, you couldn't tell I had the disease. (I could, because I know how I have changed, but others couldn't). That's pretty darn good, all things considered.

Peyronie's robs us of our masculinity and sense of sexual self. One way to combat this is to take charge and do everything possible to get healthy and improve yourself. Bad things happen, but you have the power to take responsibility and improve the situation the best you can. Anything worthwhile in life takes hard work.

-Skjaldborg

Hawk

DunellenGuy,

I agree with you.  Not looking at it is a lot cheaper and less of a hassle.  If it works for you then there is something to be said for your approach.  However if it went from straight to 45 degrees what is to say it won't go to 90 degrees and end intercourse?  If it is still functional then I would get on the basic PAV cocktail and consider a VED or traction along with a few supplements.  If youare not up for the traction or VED, at least try the PAV cocktail and some of the basic supplements.  

Hawk
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums