New to the Forum - Old to the Disease

Previous topic - Next topic

Dog Leg

Well, here I am.  Looking for the answer to the age old question, "Is there a sex life after Peyronies?"
No one ever told me that you could break a body part that did not contain a bone.

Age?
What did your medical doctor conclude?
Peyronies - "Golfer's Disease" it does a dog leg the full length of the fairway
How long have you had symptoms?
10 years
What are your symptoms?
No physical pain, but imposible sex, can't drive a bent nail
What treatments have you tried and what were the results?
Vitamin E only - didn't improve,  many other choices resemble the "Spanish Inquisition" without guaranteed results
Do you have insurance or means to get treatment?
I do now. Now only if I could find a "cure" use it on.
where are you in dealing with the psychological aspects of Peyronies Disease?
Unhappy but try to laugh it off.  Angry at times because there is virtually no public education regarding penial damage, how it can occur, and need of immediate treatment if it does.
Are you in a relationship?
Married 11 years

LWillisjr

Dog Leg,

See the response posted to many first time posters. I won't do into the details here but there are multiple therapies listed on this forum. Not any one is guaranteed to work for everyone. But trying a combination of these has led to improvement for many on the forum. As a last resort several of us have had successful surgeries for curve correction. But this is only recommended as a last resort, and only but the best experienced Peyronies surgeons. There are only a few known and recommended on this forum.

Les
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Norm

Hello Dogleg,
I too am a long dogleg left. Ive had it about three yrs now. Sexual penetration is not impossible, but is certainly a lot more work than it used to be. I don't get upset when she isn't in the mood. Just a promise of sex will last me a long time now. My advice is to pick an approach that you feel makes sense and get after it. You may be one of the lucky ones who gets some positive results. This forum should be your best friend for a while. There is more info here than you will get from almost any doctor. And certainly a lot more support. Do lots of reading. While seeming a bit medieval, some of the devices can actually give some improvement. Study and learn.  
Plication Surgery Dec. 2013. Straight Again!

Dog Leg

Thanks Guys, I'll definitely take your advice.  

Jim