Hello... Which Way do I go...?

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlas2

Hello Hello...
Need help please.

I am 30 and I want to deal with it. It is a smooth curve downwards about 1.75" deviation from straight in the middle when erect. I thought that it was congenital but it is not because i remember my penis being perfectly straight during puberty...  Also my penis is larger towards the top and thinner at the root... Most of the bend happnes about the mid-length but it is a somewhat smooth curve. I cannot feel any lumps and going to a urologist is not an option.

So my question to you is - which is better (and please dont flame me): VED or traction? I hear so many positive results about VED but I just don't know which one to concentrate on. Also I will not consider surgery or pills. Not an option for me - if you want to know why feel free to ask... If it is VED what brand is best? Same for traction...

If I could have the option of having this curve upwards I would gladly do so...

Anyhow - I would appreciate any directions you could give me! If you can help please do so - but don't attack my approach...

much obliged. :)

Norm

You use the words "attack" and "flame" a couple of times here, so I suppose you are adamant in your stance. No one is going to "attack" your position, but the free exchange of ideas is what makes this forum work. With that said, I will address your main question. You are trying to decide between VED and traction. I don't know if you will get a consensus here. There are proponents to both approaches. The deciding factor for me was time. Could I work in 2 or 3 twenty minutes sessions of VED per day?, or did I prefer one four hour session of traction per day? I can get to work early and stay late for some privacy, but to wear loose gym pants and stay in every night for four hours is not for me. Others can give you brand references for traction devices. I bought my VED from diabetessupplies4less.com. I am very satisfied with the quality. I hope you get some satisfactory replies here. Whatever you decide, get on with the program. Waiting is not in your best interest. Good luck.  
Plication Surgery Dec. 2013. Straight Again!

LWillisjr

Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

goodluck

You mentioned seeing a urologist is not an option.  I would hope at a minimum you are taking A-L-C,  ubiquinol or co-Q10?

A recent post by a patient of Dr. Lui said that he only recommends doing VED while on Pentox.  The thinking is that the stretching from the VED causes micro trauma that in turn may heal with more plaque.  I suppose the same may be said for aggressive use of traction too.
You want to encourage healthy tissue healing as much as possible.

I am not sure if OLD Man has weighed in on this as he is our VED expert.

When doing VED you want to ease in and not over pump as it may cause more damage.  Error on the side of caution.

GoodLuck

Atlas2

Thank you everyone for your response!!!

I think I will go with the VED...

I have a few questions and maybe you could help me out:

- my penis when fully erect bends down - a little thiner at root and thicker at top. It is impossible for me to bend it up by hand when fully erect - i can somewhat bend it into straight position with a lot of force. So erection is not a problem. Nor is the size. But I wonder if VED has enough strength to make it straight?

- regarding pills and meds - I am in Canada just accross the border - I can drive to us and pick up stuff but I can only go to Canadian urologists and this is off limits. Don't ask.
Is there any medications I can pick up off the shelf without prescription.

- old man messaged me and replied - he is the man!!! :)

Norm

Old Man is definitely THE man when it comes to VED. I think he would tell you the following: the VED should be able to pull your penis into the straight position. If it won't, you got one helluva rigid doo-dah. Even if it doesn't, that is not the key to using VED. Stimulating blood flow is. By repeatedly inducing erection and letting it recede, you are forcing the blood to enter and exit more times than it would in a normal day. That has the effect of replenishing, refreshing, and strengthening the circulation to your penis. This is very good. Erections are good. The more the better. So even if the VED does not start off by straightening your penis, you are getting the benefit of using it. A healthy penis starts with good circulation. If you want to see it straight inside the VED, you need the small cylinder. Or, in my case, curved cylinder. Any way you go about it, the VED will help with a healthier penis. Good luck.  

Atlas2

yes he was a great help!!! WOW!

I have one more question.

it seems to me that a VED would not work as well in my case... Here's why: I have rock hard erections - blod flow and retention is not my problem - at when it is rock hard - it is still bent down. Dont you think that a traction device would force it the opposite way? Where a VED would merely just try to get in the blood and keep it somewhat straight. Some insight or logic into this would be much appreciated. Maybe I just don't know how VED can do the same as traction?  

Hawk

Everyone has their favorite approach.  I like traction because it makes more sense to me although it does not "force the penis in an opposite direction.  It stretchs the shortes  side of the penis.  The short side causes the curve.  Traction takes a bit more committment than a VED however.  Also the point of the 3 cylinder VED is to attempt to do what traction does, to hold the penis straight and put added stretch on the short side.  One stretches for 20-30 minuets, the other stretches for hours.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

goodluck

Atlas 2,

This is a tough call.  Either should help over time.

All well stated by Norm. You will be well served by daily errections and by stretching the scar tissue.  How you best achieve this is by experimenting on your part. You know your body better than anyone.

I know it is expensive but you may want to get both to experience  which one will:

1.  Best stretch your scar tissue.
2.  Best fit into your life style

For now, I like the VED for me.  My problem is mostly hourglassing and getting good blood flow with pressure applied in all directions seems to make the most sence.

Dive in, try one and learn.
Also, Resist any temptation to over pump.

Good Luck

Norm

"Resist any temptation to over pump."

I echo this sentiment. We all have the human tendency to think that if a little is good, then a lot must be better. Keep that in mind when pumping or stretching. The key to all of it is repetition within the limits of what is safe. More pump repetitions are better. More pressure when pumping is not. Over pumping will make blood blisters form on the glans. If you see that, stop immediately. You went too far! Stealing a phrase, I will say, "first, do no harm". That is good advice.