News:

Welcome to the Peyronies Forum

need help

Previous topic - Next topic

raa

Well I have been lurking on this fourm for a few weeks since I was diagnosed by my primary.  I have not seen too many success stories here wish makes me look at this disease has one of the hopeless disease this world has to offer.  Especially after meeting with the uro.  He gave me the well there is not much you can do and see you next year and we will see how things are. When I told him about pentox he stopped me and told me that nothing works and hopefully it will go away on it's own.  He did tell me to take 1500 of vit e since it wont hurt.  I felt like he just wanted to give me something to just get out of his office.  plus he didn't even know the amount that the e pills come in. I thought they sell them a 500 but the highest i have see is 400.
I live in palm springs california and I don't know who else to turn to.  I mean I am in shock as I write this post.  
I thought he would do some type of scan or something but he just touch me for a few seconds and  told me yup that is what you got. I feel pretty helpless right now.  

raa

also when I told him about the pain his answer was advil. when I told him that it did nothing he was like oh well, im not going to perscribe you anything.  I don;t get it. he was so rude.  told me he has been doing this for  a long time so he knows... this really sucks

Norm

Unfortunately, your story is very common. Most of us have been through it. The doctors may mean well, but they really just don't know much about this ailment. You will find more useful help on this forum than with almost any doctor. Take some time to read here. There is lots of good info. The main thing is, be proactive. Do something now. Don't just wait like the doc says. Study the options you will find here. Choose one. And good luck to you. It will get better.  
Plication Surgery Dec. 2013. Straight Again!

Jonbinspain

I would agree with Norm. I finally got my long awaited appointment to see the Urologist yesterday. Luckily, after reading on this forum for a few months, I wasn't expecting much - I wasn't disappointed!  What did he give me?  Vitamin E!!  i felt like screaming in his face.
I asked about Pentox, told him I was already taking Arginine, ALC, etc. he just looked like he wasn't interested.
Unfortunately, for me, I'm 63 and I get this suspicion that I am supposed to not worry about things like sex at my decrepit old age! Really pees me off!  But, as Norm says, you'll get far more useful info here than from the vast majority of the medical profession.

raa

I have been reading the fourm and have started supplements. The same ones you are taking excpet pentox.  Am I missing something because I don't see much success with this approach.  Maybe it's because Im so stressed out.  as far as symtoms i have dents on both sides and plaque build up on one side I think.  Dr didn't tell me where they were.  also have a bend to the left and down.  I have been feeling that my penis has felt weird for a few years.  Real tight during erections but never noticed dents,  cures  or plaque till just recently.  

LWillisjr

I have to laugh to myself when a doctor says "There isn't much you can do so don't do anything". Does this even make any sense. When someone gets Peyronies, you want to try almost ANYTHING to find that one thing that might improve your individual symptoms.

Monitor your symptoms closely for any changes. Find a different doctor who actually knows something about Peyronies disease. Many here have posted that Pentox helps to relieve the pain during the acute stage of the disease.

There are many success stories here. Mine includes. See my link in my signature block.

Les  
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History