what are my options?

Previous topic - Next topic

NGJ

the doctor said that it isn't exactly peyronies but a congenital curveture and has put me down for the nesbitt procedure but i don't want to have it done, what do i do?

LWillisjr

NGJ,

To respond to your post...... it depends.

There are very limited options to correcting a congenital curve. Congenital means you were born this way and this is your "natural" size and shape. Surgery seems to be the only way to correct a severe curve. So I would suggest you consider if the surgery is really necessary or not. What I mean is, it depends on how severe your curve is. If your curve is say 30 degrees or less, then my experience is that sexual intercourse is generally not a problem. It's just that you might not be satisfied with the way you look. My recommendation would be to avoid surgery in that case. It isn't worth the risk just to make your curve (in your opinion) look better.

The other extreme of course would be if your curve is what is referred to as moderate to severe. This would be something greater then 40 degrees of curvature. At this degree of curvature sexual intercourse is very challenging due to the curve, or the curve causes discomfort to your partner. If this is true for you, then unfortunately surgical correction is about your only option. So then I would recommend seeking out THE BEST surgeon possible to do this. I don't know what all your options are in the UK. We have a few other forum members here from the UK who have recommended some very good UK doctors for treatment.

Les
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

BrooksBro

Before you decide against plication surgery, I encourage you to read the study at this link.  It is very unlikely to get better by itself.

http://www.hawaii.edu/hivandaids/Tunica_Albuginea_Plication_for_the_Correction_of_Penile_Curvature.pdf

I had an 85 degree upward curve (Peyronie's) and just underwent plication surgery.  The doc said the residual was 15 degrees.  I wish I had done this 1-2 years ago, rather than waiting.  As I read in some doc's article, at the moment, surgery remains the best available method to correct penile curvature.

This is the plication surgery forum:  
Plication Surgery - Peyronies Society Forums