VED's - Vacuum Erection Devices

Previous topic - Next topic

allj

After filing a grievance, my insurance paid for a somaerect.
A couple of questions about it's use.
1. I am using the smallest tube to start. Should I let all the negative pressure out before repumping -which means removing the device from my penis- or just let the penis deflate some before pumping? The latter movement is more like stretching back and forth the former is more like tugging.
2. is 3-10 seconds really optimal? and should the VED be used once or more a day?
Thanks for your help. Alan

Liam

The goal is to get the best erection possible.  Use whichever method works for you.  
"I don't ask why patients lie, I just assume they all do."
House

Old Man

allj:

Alan, if you will go to this site, you will be able to see the protocol for the 26 week three cylinder therapy for Peyronies Disease.  

www.vacuumtherapy.org.

Click on the extras link in the left margin of the home page to reveal the protocol and notes pertaining to it.
This protocol is being used in a study using the three cylinder VEDs for Peyronies Disease. The results are supposed to be out sometime this year. I, for one, am looking forward to seeing the final analysis, etc.  

If you are going only for erections, you should follow the instructions that came with the Somaerect. The package contents should have included instructions on how to use the entire three cylinders (if it came with three, and I believe it does). Also, it should have a video or instructions brochure, etc.  In any case, your should be extremely careful not to use too much pressure at any time.

If you so desire, give me a PM with your email address and I will forward you the 26 week Soma Correct protocol that came with the VED before it was pulled from the market by Augusta Medical. It is the same as the one at the vacuum therapy org site.

I would suggest that you only use the VED once per day until you have mastered a plan that you are comfortable with in your exercises. You can "overdo" the therapy and it can cause further trauma, so be careful at all costs. Once per day usually is all that one needs for Peyronies Disease therapy.

Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

bodoo2u

Hello Old Man,

I know it's difficult to convey in words, but how much pressure is too much. I could only take enough pressure for the needle on my gauge to budge just a little. I would think that the plaque area is supposed to hurt a little so we will know it's stretching. Mine was sort of a stinging feeling. Is that how it is supposed to feel?

Old Man

BD2U:

That is a very good question. There is no set rule that can be stated as to how much pressure is too much. You have to be your own judge of what is or is not too much pressure. My rule of thumb was that if I felt any discomfort or pain that I would stop pumping any higher pressure. Also, I worked up to the higher pressures slowly, only adding a little more as time went on until I could tolerate the higher ones.

The plaque/indented areas can and will hurt with the pressure of pumping up. Again, you must be your own judge as to whether or not you can stand the higher pressure. As you know, a natural erection depends on your arterial blood flow and the proper sexual stimulation to produce it. In using the VED for Peyronies Disease therapy, the negative pressure "pulls" the blood into the penile chambers and in doing so the flow can be greater than with a natural erection process. So, just use a slow and methodical routine with low pressures and gradually work up the pressure as your body adjusts to the added flow, etc.

Again, pump carefully in moderation so as to not overdo it. It is best to work slowly and remember that the Peyronies Disease symptoms probably came on slowly and will have to go away slowly, etc.

Hope the above helps. If you have further thoughts and/or questions, just fire away and I will endeavor to answer them for you.

Old Man
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

howcanthisbe

ok guys, ive finally decided to buy a VED pump. Ive decided its time to take action as my dent area seems to be getting worse. Now the only problem is getting the money to get the pump, im saving up for a down payment on a car because I gotta have that to go to school. Ive heard alot of talk about about the osborm pump and soma, but is there no cheap alternative pump that is effective? Im talking about something for 100 bucks or under, because realistically right now I cant afford anything higher. Anyone know of a good cheap but quality pump? Thanks

Hawk

HCTB,

My view is that you either go with the 3 cylinder protocol or you  don't.  If you do, you can build one.  All the info for that has been provided by Angus and Tim.

If you go with one cylinder then most any pump will do until it breaks.  A vacuum is a vacuum.  Your penis only responds to the negative pressure that surrounds it.  It makes no difference if what or how the pressure is made as long as you can control it.  A cheap VED may break but you can buy a lot of replacements for       $500.00 (cost of an Augusta unit).  You can also make a single cylinder VED as well.

Avoid the ultra cheap that may have a poor seal, or sharp plastic edges.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

howcanthisbe

thanks alot Hawk. A 3 cylinder is different size tubes you can change? If so I guess I would need that right? Im so glad to know that I do not have to spend 500 dollars to buy a pump,lol. I will do some research and find a quality cheap pump then.  

Old Man

HCTB:

Take Hawk's suggestion and make your own VED. Angus and Dr. Tim both have made their own VED out of good medical quality products that can be purchased at a much lessor price than the Somaerect or other brands.

Search the thread dealing with this subject and you can see basically how the two of them developed and made their own unit. Angus, I am sure, can fill you in on the details. Dr. Tim has posted several sites that have medical quality tubes and related VED items. He has stated several points of interest in making your own VED also.

I am with Hawk about using the three cylinder method of therapy. It appears to be one of the best protocols that come into being as far as I know.

Good luck to you and don't wait too long to begin your VED therapy. The longer you wait, the more you will have to overcome after starting the therapy.

Old Man

Angus

Here's the link to the home made VED's post. Anyone with a few bucks, basic hand tools and does careful work can make these. Expensive VED's and home made VED's share the same basic characteristics: they are hollow plastic tubes that produce controlled vacuum around a penis. If you have time, a little place to work and little money, these may be for you.

https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,25.msg2539.html#msg2539

howcanthisbe

wow guys, make a VED? Im a little afraid I might mess something up. Are they really that easy to make? Im really sloppy when it comes to making stuff, im not sure if I could make one or not. What if I make one critical mistake? Plus that I do not have any tools or even a way to get any until 2 weeks when I get my car. Like Hawk said at first a pump is a pump right? If I find a cheap 3 cylinder pump shouldnt I be ok? Thanks

Liam

Buy One!  I admire you guys who are handy.  I'm not.  I think its the cylinder size everyone thinks is important.  Just ask yourself, "How much is the old ringdinger worth?"  Sell some plasma. ;)

Liam
House

howcanthisbe

sorry guys but is a 3 cylinder a size or is at 3 different cylinders?

howcanthisbe

guys I was just thinking and if the VED stretches the whole penis wont it stretch the other side longer the the side with scar tissue? I mean the scar tissue it seems wouldnt stretch as fast as the regular part of the penis right? So couldnt this cause a curve? Has this ever happened to anyone?

Steve

HCTB

Let's see if I can jump in here...

The 3-cylinder VED is a VED with 3 different sized cylinders.  The SOMA unit uses a design that 'nests' the cylinders inside one another so that the pump attaches to the largest cylinder, and then you can put both of the smaller diameter cylinders inside it to get the smallest 'size', just the medium sized to get the middle 'size', and use the largest cylinder alone for the largest size.  I'm not sure how Tim and Angus designed theirs, but I'm sure you could also use 3 separate cylinders that can be attached one at a time to a vacuum pump.  The only drawback is that you'd need a sealing ring on each cylinder (the SOMA uses a ring on only the largest cylinder, but was recently re-designed to eliminate pinching  :o when the smaller cylinders are in use).

Regarding your stretching question...the idea of the VED pump and cylinders is that the cylinder holds the penis straight (more or less) while the vacuum is applied.  This keeps the unaffected side from stretching out (because the penis can't bend) while concentrating the stretch on the side with the plaque.  I'm trying to think of a good analogy, but can't at the moment...I'm sure Liam can chime in with something  ;D.  The smaller the cylinder, the more the penis is constrained and the more stretch is applied to the affected side.  As you move up to the larger cylinder (follow the vacuumtherapy.org protocol that Old Man suggests), the penis is allowed to 'fill out' more to work on the indentations.

Good luck with your new project, and let us know how it turns out.

Steve
Topical Verapamil,
12 Verapamil shots (ouch!),
Now VED - Too many Weeks,
Still 70 Degrees :(

howcanthisbe

thanks steve. So your saying the small cylinder makes it where the normal penis tissue cant fully stretch while the scar tissue can? Also doesnt this matter how big your penis is in the first place? I see what your saying, but what if I dont have a curve except for a small upward curve, im mainly just trying to get rid of the dent/wasting that is growing and creating a hinge effect.

Old Man

HCTB:

The three cylinder VED therapy is really the best way to go. Steve has said it perfectly as to the design and operation of the VED unit.

If you can't make your own and have to buy one, try EBay to see if you can find a SomaErect or Soma Correct there. Either unit will work. The Soma must have an updated sealing insert to eliminate the pinching effect though. (Available from Augusta Medical) EBay does occasionnaly have VEDs for sale. The Osbon Esteem unit would make a good suitable substitute if you can't the other two on EBAY. That is the VED that I used to correct my Peyronies Disease symptoms early on before the Soma Correct and Erect came on board.

Old Man.

howcanthisbe

Is this the one your talking about Oldman?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Impotence-aid-New-Osbon-ErecAid-Vacuum-Therapy-System_W0QQitemZ180084642411QQcategoryZ82615QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWINQ3aPOST0Q3aRECOQ3aBINQQcmdZViewItem

The Osborn? It says it has varios cylinder sizes but I do not see them in the pics they show. This one is 179.99 which is possible for me to afford eventually. So the only 3 cylinder pumps are the ones you mentioned below?

Liam

This is not an endorsement of the product.

Stretching--- Imagine two bungees one longer than the other but the shorter one (this represents the scar tissue) is stretched so it is even with the longer one (this represents normal tissue).

House

Tim468

Dear HCTB,

As they might say in court sometimes, "asked and answered". Frankly, I am confused by some of your questions, since the answers to them are abundantly apparent in the previous posts in this thread, and even in the answers that you have been given to specific questions.

This is not even close to rocket science. The three cylinders are designed to do different things, and the idea is that you start with the narrowest diameter tube, and gradually increase to the two larger diameter tubes over time. The schedule for doing that has been posted, and links to other forms of it have been posted, and mentioned more than once, in responses to questions.

For instance in posts 889 (in this thread), I wrote about the different size cylinders that one can buy from Boston pump. In post 891, Angus wrote about the different diameter cylinders available, and how to decide what size to chose to start with. Given the detail, and amount of effort put into these descriptions, along with posts suggesting reading the "VED Thread" on the beginners board, I am feeling confused by a question like "sorry guys but is a 3 cylinder a size or is at 3 different cylinders?".

I do feel that there is information that can answer the questions that you are asking, HCTB, right in this thread, all of which are posted in the last two months, and easily found and accessible. It is tiring to type the same information again and again, when the thoughts that you really need to access are right here, and you are being asked to look at them.

For instance, Hawk wrote "HCTB, My view is that you either go with the 3 cylinder protocol or you  don't.  If you do, you can build one.  All the info for that has been provided by Angus and Tim." (post 906 yesterday)

Old Man wrote, "HCTB: Take Hawk's suggestion and make your own VED. Angus and Dr. Tim both have made their own VED out of good medical quality products that can be purchased at a much lessor price than the Somaerect or other brands.

Search the thread dealing with this subject and you can see basically how the two of them developed and made their own unit. Angus, I am sure, can fill you in on the details. Dr. Tim has posted several sites that have medical quality tubes and related VED items. He has stated several points of interest in making your own VED also.

I am with Hawk about using the three cylinder method of therapy. It appears to be one of the best protocols that come into being as far as I know."

HCTB, to me, these posts are well written and direct, and not easily missed for their point or content. For instance, both seem to make clear to me that the protocol uses THREE CYLINDERS, and that the "3 cylinder technique" is not some arcane language that refers to a gauge or diameter of the tube in use. It means that one uses three cylinders, and the reasoning behind doing that is well argued elsewhere in this thread.

Similarly, it seems clear to me that you have cheaper alternatives to use than the Somaerect, since that is expensive, and one can get the same effect in other ways (ie getting the individual cylinders and a single pump that is not electric). Again, this is not too hard, so I am confused why it is that you seem to be having trouble with the ideas. So, I have some questions for you:

Have you read the "Newly Diagnosed" Boards that others have recommended that you read? Here is the link: https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,439.0.html

Have you read the previous posts in THIS THREAD carefully to see if you can answer your questions before posting them here?

Have you read the protocol for cylinder size use? (I think that one is a bit confusing, since it refers to cylinders based on an "A, B, C" labeling instead of diameter - but it is not that confusing).

I believe that self-care in the single most important part of our human and spiritual growth. To take care of ourselves requires that we pay attention, and if we have trouble with that, we ask for help. I am concerned for you when I see you asking questions that seem to have already been answered in this thread. Is there some way we can better make what we want to say more available to you?

Thanks for taking the time to read this,

Tim

52, Peyronies Disease for 30 years, upward curve and some new lesions.

Old Man

HCTB:

No, that one is known as the Classic Model. It has three pieces, two of which are connected with a plastic tube. It becomes very unhandy to handle while doin the Peyronies Disease exercises.

You need to stick with the Osbon Esteem model which is one piece when the cylinder and pump are mated together.

The Soma Erect and Correct are also one piece when mated together, etc.

Old Man

howcanthisbe

Sorry Tim, I did not read that link and will do so now. I guess I will have to do what you suggested and buy a cheap quality pump and switch cylinders. OldMan thanks, that sucks it isnt the good one. Liam thanks for the bungee comparsion, it makes sense,lol. I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't be worsening the curve. I guess I dont have any more questions, I will have to figure something out thats cheap. Thanks guys.

Steve

I was looking through my Diabetes magazine and noticed (as I have in the past, it just never clicked before) that they advertise a "medical grade" VED that may be a good option for someone who doesn't want the toy variety, but doesn't want to spend the big bucks on the Augusta unit, and is uncomfortable with making their own.

These devices are single cylinder only, and available in both manual and electric models.  I believe that Old Man has a protocol developed for single-cylinder VEDs that could probably be used.

Does anyone have any experience with these Medicool devices?  The link is: http://www.medicool.com/diabetes/diabetes_sexaid.php if anyone wants to check them out.
Topical Verapamil,
12 Verapamil shots (ouch!),
Now VED - Too many Weeks,
Still 70 Degrees :(

Old Man

Steve:

Yes, I do have an exercise protocol using the old style one cylinder model VEDs. It will work for most any VED of that style. In my case, I used the old Osbon Classic manual VED. My experience has taught me that a manual VED is much better for Peyronies Disease exercises because you have instant control of the amount of pressure you use. The battery models can sometimes fail and get one into trouble getting it shut off.

BTW, the old Osbon Classic model VED can be obtained on line from some sites for as low as $175.00.
IMHO, they are better some of the other good quality units. Encore makes one that is fairly good, but I don't think it is as good as the old Classic VED. I have the Classic, Esteem, Soma Correct, and at one time a sex toy model. Of these units, I prefer the Esteem manual for my purposes. The Somaerect can be used either for ED or Peyronies Disease using the 26 week protocol that was originally used with the Soma Correct. The Somaerect is not now marketed for Peyronies Disease so the protocol is not included in the package.

I will try to locate the web site for the Osbon Classic and post it for those who might be interested in looking at that model in the interest of economy.

Old Man

Old Man

Note to all:

Here is one site that has the old Osbon Classic manual model VED for $199.00.

www.intimate-health.com/erecaid.htm

Will try to locate other sites. Also, sometimes, they can be found on EBay. One of my friends found one last year for less than $100.00 including shipping and was a new unit.

Old Man

dahc

I ordered the FastSize extender after a telephone consultation with Dr. Levine. I've had it about 3 weeks and I've already lost 2 metal hinge inserts while wearing the contraption under clothes during the day. :( I have to say that people at FS have been pretty nice and are sending me replacement parts without charge. The tech at FS suggested using Locktite on screws that go into the hinge. :-\

I'm committed to trying this for 6 months, Dr. Levine said that his study group all had length & girth gains. He said only 10% to 30% change in curvature, which is OK with me. I'm more worried about lost length.  :'(

Chad

Hawk

Chad,

I am interested in a write-up on time involved, inconvienience, restriction in clothing and activity, actual gains, etc.

A few men here have used these (or a knock off brand) but few have stuck with them or reported on them.

Keep us posted.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

dahc

Hawk,

Dr. Levine told me that the guys that progressed the most wore the extender 6 - 8 hours a day, so I'm going for 8 hours. You're not supposed to wear it for more than 2 consecutive hours at a time with at least 5 minute break in between. So it is inconvenient to sneak off to the bathroom every 2 hours. It's somewhat uncomfortable wearing it under clothing, more so sitting than standing. I bought several pair of boxer underware made of a stretchy jersey material and Dockers pleated pants. I'm fairly slim so it's not too difficult to disguise my usage in relaxed fit pants.

I have to be honest that I've not been measuring, but this week I've noticed my erections are definitely more full. No change in length or curve yet. I suppose it take a while.

I can say that so far the extender is more tolerable than the Pentox I started 2 days ago. I hope the side effects fade from that will fade. :P

Old Man

Hey all:

This is a follow up to my earlier post today relative places to buy the medical quality cheaper priced VEDs.

I did a Google search for this: Osbon Classic erection devices.

It brought up a good list of sites to browse for VEDs. I found one VED from Augusta Medical under the brand of Vitality which sells for less than $100.00. It appears to have the inserts and retainer rings included in the package. So if one searches the web, a good quality unit can be had at a much cheaper price than the Soma erect, etc.

The above is furnished with my usual caveat and disclaimer, etc.

Regards to everyone, Old Man

newguy

My pump and cylinders from bostonpump has FINALLY arrived.  It took the company around two weeks to dispatch the pump and cylinders though I wasn't informed that there would be any delay (it states on the site that they WILL inform of any delays). Once dispatched it was another 10 days before it arrived in the UK and I was charged a £30 ($60) customs charge too. Nice.

Anyway, I have discovered that the 1.5" is simply far too small, but the 1.75 and 2" ones are fine. Therefore I'm going to buy a 2.25" cylinder with 1.75 being small, 2" medium and 2.25" large. Does anyone know of a website in the UK selling 2.25" cylinders  that'd work with the bostonpump? I really don't want to wait weeks for bostonpump to send one cylinder and receive another customs charge, so it'd make life much more straightforward for me if i cn hold of the cylinder from a UK vendor. Can anyone help?

Complaints aside I'm pleased to be making a proactive move to help with my condition. I'm still interested in how well a VED and fastsize combo would work, but fear that an overkill approach could do more harm than good.

bodoo2u

Newguy,

You might think that the 1.5-inch is too small, but it's not. I'm more than 6 inches around when erect and it works well for me. Remember that the idea is not to get as fully erect as you would in preparation for intercourse; (I did that inside the 1.5 and it was really too tight) it's to get enough bloodflow to straighten you so that you can stretch the plaque.

If you're less than 6 3/4" around when erect then the 1.5 is not too small. Just make sure you are as flaccid as possible when you try to put it on, and don't forget to re-oil halfway through the session, especially if your veinous. I inflamed the vein that circles my unit just below the head.  

And don't get carried away at the beginning. Perhaps that's how I inflamed that vein.

Good luck.  

newguy

Thanks for sharing your experience with the 1.5inch cylinder. Maybe I was a little premature in my comments. I'll stick with it and see how it goes :).  

Quote from: bodoo2u on May 22, 2007, 11:48:54 AM
Newguy,

You might think that the 1.5-inch is too small, but it's not. I'm more than 6 inches around when erect and it works well for me.

Old Man

Newguy and BD2:

Both of you are on the right track with the 1.5 inch cylinder. The purpose of that cylinder is like BD2 says, helps keep the penis straight while applying the vacuum pressure. This is supposed to be used only for the first two week period of the 26 week protocol. Then move on to the middle sized cylinder and lastly the larger cylinder. Following the 26 week protocol will in time produce results, if only a small amount, and the protocol has worked for at least some of us.

Now, the secret to using the small cylinder is to use plenty lubricant on your penis and inside the cylinder. Sometimes you have to remove the cylinder when pumping and lube up a bit more to keep the penis and the inside of the cylinder slippery so that there is little if no friction present. Trial and error method seems to be the best approach as to how much lube one needs. So, do that, try what works for you.

Old Man

Angus

Use a bottle brush to get the lube all the way down the length of the small cylinder. Put lube inside the opening then work it down the cylinder with the brush and this will eliminate lots of frustration while getting used to the VED. This works wonders and gets the lube to the full length of the tube. The bottle brush I have is about 9 inches long with circular bristles on one end about an inch in diameter. Use the same bottle brush for water cleanup and the whole inside of the tube will be fresh for the next round after it's air dried. Never let it be said that VED users don't practice good housekeeping!  ;D

Toronto

A recent press release from fsPhysioMed states that its mechanical penile traction device, the Extender, has been demonstrated to produce from 10 degree to 45 degree improvements in Peyronie's curvature. Is anyone familiar with such treatment?

dahc

Toronto,

PhysioMed and FastSize are the same company. If you go to the FastSize website you'll see it's one of those penis enlarger sites. They are going to have a separate site for P.D. & E.D. patients soon and that's where PhysioMed comes in. A noted P.D. doctor in Chicago, Dr. Levine, is recomending the F.S. extender as part of 3 part strategy to overcome Peyronie's. I've been using the extender and noticed some gain in girth, firmness of erections & a little in length. I haven't noticed any change in curve yet.  
I haven't had the Verapamil injections yet either, which is part of his strategy.

It kind of pisses me off that guys without P.D. may really be able to increase their penis size with one of these things. >:( I'd be happy with my non curved average penis that I had last year. No, I'm not bitter. ::)

Chad

allj

Fellow VED users:
I have been using the soma for almost 4 weeks with some success. My bend went from about 45 to about 30 degrees and I regained size. This is enough so that I am able to enjoy myself again when intimate. While I am hoping for better than this, I am aware that there are limitations to hope. If I don't unbend enough at the end of 26 weeks:
1. Should I restart the protocol again?
2. If I do unbend enough, do I have to continue a maintenance protocol?
Also I continue to have some recurrent pain in the head of my penis. Is this likely from active phase of Peyronies Disease or sensitive area/pumping too hard?  Any thoughts are appreciated.
Thanks Alan

Old Man

Alan:

First, I am happy for that you are seeing some improvements using the Soma VED. You have asked several good questions. You should remember that each and every case of Peyronies Disease is totally different from each other.

With that being said, you should maintain a steady schedule on the 26 week protocol. After you have finished the 26 week cycle and still have Peyronies Disease symptoms, you should repeat the cycle. If you are satisfied with the results of one 26 week cycle, you should develop a maintenance schedule of use with the VED. I maintain at least three weekly cycles of exercise therapy for my Peyronies Disease which, at the moment, seems to be in total remission. The added pressure with the maintenance therapy seems to keep me in real good health with my old "tool". So, I do recommend you keep up the exercise cycles after the 26 week once you are satisfied with the results.

As far as the pain you are experiencing, you should be careful not to overdo the pumping cycles to the point that the pain gets worse. Usually, my recommendation about pain is this, if it hurts, don't do it. Some minor pain can be expected during the VED pumping cycles, but it should not be so bad that it becomes uncomfortable. If it does, quit the pumping cycles until it subsides before resuming them.

Good luck and happy pumping!

Old Man

Angus

Good to hear of your improvement Allen. All of what Old Man says is true. I had improvement with the VED and now use it for maintenance. My improvement of the curve took over a year; as Old Man said all cases are different; some will improve in 26 weeks or less, others may take a year or 52 weeks or more. Your body will tell you how long you will need to continue the protocol. This is a stubborn condition to treat or re-mold (to say the least... almost a massive understatement) so adopt a plan to stick with the program for a while to continue your improvement unless acceptable results are seen at 26 weeks. On the pain issue, Old Man is correct again. If it hurts, back off the pressure. With VED therapy I believe "less" is "more" in the sense that VED's used on a regular basis but with a relatively low vacuum produce results. More vacuum than is necessary won't speed the straightening process, but will be somewhat painful and possibly even worsen the condition. A rough analogy could be the fitness training concept of "more reps" with "less weight" (more VED cycles with reasonable vacuum). Let us know how things go with this... and again, thanks for posting the good news.  

allj

Much appreciated. I'll keep at it. Alan

Tim468

I use the VED regularly, and have had mixed results. First, I never really did the 26 week protocol. Rather, I purchased a larger tube about two years ago and irregularly used it, without much in the way of results. After reading here, I purchased a "small" tube and more or less started the protocol. "More or less" because I did not stop and move to a larger cylinder at 3 weeks. Rather, I kept using the small cylinder, since it seemed to be exerting a longitudinal tractiona dn helping my curve.

Unfortunately, it has been good news and bad news. My curve is less, and my erections have been better (though some of that may be due to the Horny Goat Weed and VasoFlow I take), but I have developed a new dent in my left base.

Because of that I have started a modified protocol. I use a small cylinder every night for about 10 minutes. This seems to loosen up my penis enough that it can easily stretch out with a "B" cylinder next. This way, I think I am getting the best of all worlds; a lengthening stretch to start and then a better lateral stretching of the girth in a bigger tube.

I noted last night that a (real) erection right after an about 25 minute session was nearly straight (10-15 degree upwards bend) and had no palpable dent at all. This morning, the dent was back in my AM erection :(

SO, I will keep at it (including resuming a trial run of the protocol in terms of timing for cylinder size changes). It raises several issues:

First, it suggests that use of a cylinder before sex might make sex more "like it used to be" - so there might be a role for that kind of use. This is different than using the VED to get an erection - in that situation, men simply pump up, cinch off the blood flow and remove the cylinder, and have at it. Instead of simply "pumping up", for me there is value in taking some time to have a "session" before sex, even though my spontaneous erections are fine.

Second, for me, there is definitely a role for "maintenace use" of the VED over time. I see that my penis tightens up when I do not regularly use the pump, and my curve and dent worsen. I will continue to use supplements, but for those of us in whom Peyronie's is an active process, continued use rather than "fixing it" is more the norm.

Tim
52, Peyronies Disease for 30 years, upward curve and some new lesions.

Old Man

Update note:

On a post earlier in this topic, I stated that a report would be given relative the inch or so "vein like" string on the topside of my penis.

Now, after about a year or so using the Soma Correct for Peyronies Disease maintenance and the old Osbon Esteem manual model VEDs for erections, I find that the vein like string no longer exists.

Have no reason to doubt that the constant weekly maintenance schedule of VED therapy has gotten rid of the item, whatever it was.

This is furnished for the information of any/all who might have this situation.

Old Man

Bentrick

Wow, This is a great forum!  I am 52 and first noticed a bend to the left one year ago.  After reading this forum for a while I now realize that the 1/4" wide band that I had also noticed going from the base of the glans to the base of the penis was probably an early sign that something bad was getting ready to happen.

I am now bent about 30 degrees left and 45 degrees up , and I have a painful plaque/nodule about 1/3 of the way from the tip.  I have been trying the Ionto with the verapamil and the dexamethasone and I am not sure it is helping a lot, but I have not been able to do it regularly. I am now convinced that I need to do it 4 times week regardless of hard it is to do.  More importantly, I have now decided to get a VED and go to work.  I mean, if I am willing to hook whats left of my bent dick to an electric current, why not stick it in a vacuum pump?

It really does make sense, and I appreciate all the info provided here. I will do my part and keep you advised of what happens.  I have a urolgist in my town who seems interested and knowlegeable about Peyronies Disease, and he has offered to do injections, but I hate pain and after reading the comments here I think I will get more aggressive with my own plan.

I have had problems in the past with Plantar Fasciitis that responds best to stretching and massage.  I think the concept of plague forming with vacumm is the way to go , and hopefully the verapamil Ionto will facilitate the collagen restructuring.  Someone suggested that massaging the plague seemed to help - and I think I would agree.  It also seems that things get a little better after I have hard and more frequent erections -- almost like it is trying to straighten itself....  Well,  I intend to help it as soon as I get my hands on a VED. Thanks.

Angus

Welcome to the forum Bentrick. You have lots of support on this forum and a staggering amount of information is available to you here. The Highlights area provides a quick start to the forum in general, and the search function will help you find specific areas or subjects that you wish to read about. Types, styles and brands of VED's along with therapies have been discussed in this thread and lots of questions about their use answered, but post your questions here when they arise and we'll have answers and thoughts for you. Again, welcome!

Califman

OK.  As I stated in another post, I'm new on here as of today.  Wish I had come upon this site earlier, but oh well.  I'm willing to try anything.  What is the best quality VED?  I don't care about the cost.  Geez, my Acytl runs me 70 bucks for 3 bottles.  This is a one-time cost with some additional purchases for worn parts I suppose.  If it will even restore me back 50% of what I was like 4 years ago (I realize there is no guarantee of that), then $500 is a small price to pay.  I would be willing to predict that the hard part is to persistantly use the thing.  I'm sure it takes some dedication.

Liam

I have been very happy with Augusta Medical.  

No I don't have any connection ;)

Liam
House

Old Man

Califman:

I own three different models of VEDs. Two made by the Old Osbon Medical Company (rights to manufacture now owned by Timm Medical Division of Endocare, Inc.) and one by the Augusta Medical Supply company.

Have had good success and good quality of all three. Like Liam, I do not have any interest in either companies, just stating the models I own and have used.

Old Man.

j

I haven't participated in this forum for a long time.  I walked away partly out of discouragement, partly because I thought I'd said what I had to say.  I won't recap my history except to say I've been dealing with this for years and have concluded that medical science has nothing to offer - except for surgery, which I totally reject.  

However I've continued to read some posts from time to time, and recently decided to take a new direction.  Out of all the therapies discussed here, only the VED seems to me to have a reasonable chance of success.  I conclude that partly on the basis of reports from OM and others over the years, and partly because I feel I've had some success with agressive stretching to hold off Dupuytren's contractures.

So, being a handy guy, I've made a VED with a 1.5 inch cylinder and begun using it. I think the smaller cylinder has the best chance of improving a bend.  It seems to me that a large cylinder might only exacerbate a bend by preferentially stretching the normal side.  

I've reviewed many of the posts on this thread and it seems the real issue is how long to stretch before releasing the vacuum. OM, I believe, suggests multiple stretches of very short duration.  Dr. Levine on the other hand advocates 30 uninterrupted minutes, which seems risky to me.  I've compromised with a session of a couple of 5-minute stretches and a short break in between.  What I'm working on now is reducing the hassle factor - finding the right lubricant and so on - so the procedure becomes simple and quick.  

My expectations are very low. But my expectations for an answer from the health care industry, in my lifetime, are zero.   And I hate giving up.

Liam

You have expressed the feelings I have and I am sure many more have.  I'd rather do something even if the odds don't seem in my favor.  

Glad to see you posting again.

Liam
House

Old Man

j:

Welcome back with us. BTW, I tried to send you a PM, but your inbox is full and will not accept any more PMs.

Please edit your inbox and delete some PMS so that we can send you one.

Old Man