VED's - Vacuum Erection Devices

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

Thanks Old Man for the words of advice ;)

My plan was to 'experiment' with an area not directly in contact with the VED at first to check for irritation etc.  Only if that was OK would I attempte to use hair removal products where it counts.

Steve
Topical Verapamil,
12 Verapamil shots (ouch!),
Now VED - Too many Weeks,
Still 70 Degrees :(

Old Man

Steve:

I believe that the reason there is a caution note on the labels is that the groin area is a very sensitive skin area.

You might want to just use a multiple blade safety razor and use it very carefully. I have no problem with using one and it does a good job. Use it about twice a week and have no irritation problems. As Tim said, it is best to not use the VED immediately after shaving, but several hours later.

Regards, Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

Steve

Old Man,

I've been using a 3-blade razor for about a month now.  I have no irritation, but I still get some occasional nicks :o which is why I was looking into the hair removal products. Because of the nicks, I usually shave the night before so that any nicks have time to heal before applying the vacuum.  I've looked over the bottle, and find no warnings about the genital area, although the product is recommended for use in the 'bikini' area.  Although I don't wear a bikini  ;), I can use my imagination and figure out where they're talking about.

Steve

ps.  I just had my 1 year anniversary of starting treatment for Peyronies Disease, so far with nothing to show for any of it (Topical, 12 Shots  :o, and, so far, 9 weeks of VED usage).  I've still got my hopes up for the VED, and am eagerly awaiting some positive results which hopefully will start appearing before the 26 weeks are up.
Topical Verapamil,

Tim468

Shaving the pubic region is not too tricky - just takes some logistical planning. It is made IMMENSELY easier and less like to lead to nicks if one first soaks the area in hot water. Thus doing it in the shower is not quite as good as after a bath (or better, at the end of a bath while still in it).

One should not shave just before VED or iotnophoretic treatments, as the microscopic cuts will ooze/bleed (in the case of the VED), or offer a way into the blood vessels of the verapamil. Also, the pain associated with iontophoresis is quite noticable right after shaving. Thus, if one is to apply ionto verpamil to the base of the penis, then shaving the day before makes more sense than shaving that evening. It seems that for the VED, even four to six hours later is a long enough period of time to prevent oozing of blood.

Tim
52, Peyronies Disease for 30 years, upward curve and some new lesions.

Rico

I just wanted to mention that a beard trimmer, they are cheap at walmart or any drug stores works well for this, not nicks and get close like ComeBackid said. I'm not doing the VED yet but will soon. My ex once said I need to trim up a little and I use it and I was bald there with no nicks in about five seconds, fast and easy. I think I paid ten bucks for it.
"The Sun Also Rises"

BLBC

Here's my personal experience with VEET: While I don't personally have a penis, I do have some VERY sensitive skin down there. I have gone all the way with all the hair, with this product and have not had a problem. I would NEVER use Nair as I have reactions to it when I did a skin test ON ME (did ya see the comment that I don't have a penis?)

Please realize everyone will react differently and do a skin test if you think of using this product. DH is set for a test tonight, no I'm not gonna tell him, I'm just gonna remind him of how it felt when I attempted to trim and shave him AND I'm durn good with a razor!

Disclaimer: Everyone's skin is different, DUH!!!! If you think about using Veet, without question do a skin test!

Liam

If you just trim the old pubes, the VED should do just fine.  I've had one for a year and trim (with scissors) as needed.  Works fine.

"I don't ask why patients lie, I just assume they all do."
House

ComeBacKid

Has anyone else using the Soma Correct or a VED had the problem of air leakage?  When I pump my penis up it will stay filled up just for a little then slowly shrink back down in the tube, at a very slow pace, but none the less air is leaking somewhere.  I tried shaving the pubes off, still didn't do the trick.  The first week I used the Soma my pubes were only trimmed and I had no air leakage at all.

ComeBackid

Liam

Sometimes the pump does not get tightened all the way to the sleeve.  Make sure it is not loose.  Check the "O" ring, too.  Make sure to use enough lube to get a seal.  

Try getting a seal on your hand.  That will make it easier to figure out where the leak is.

Liam
House

ComeBacKid

Liam,

I didn't know you were supposed to put lube on the little black ring on the pump piece?  I got new lube to, the equate kind from wal mart, shaved, and now am going to retry things tomorrow. I haven't been putting lube in between the two rings on the base penis end that go inside each other, I may try doing that to, last time I had so much lube on me I was like LUBE MAN!  ;D
ComeBackid

Steve

You can also put lube on the large ring where it slips into the plastic tube.  I too had some slow leakage, and decided that it might be where the ring seals into the tube.  Since lubing the mating surface of the ring to the tube, I haven't had any leakaage.

Steve
Topical Verapamil,

ComeBacKid

Steve,

You mean the small thin black ring on the pumping component that the tube screws into?

Liam

1)Sometimes the pump does not get tightened all the way to the sleeve.  Make sure it is not loose.  

2)Check the "O" ring, too.  (no lube here)

3)Make sure to use enough lube to get a seal.  (In the regular place)

4)Try getting a seal on your hand.  That will make it easier to figure out where the leak is.

Sorry that wasn't very clear :(.  

Liam
House

ComeBacKid

Steve and Others,

I added lube on both of the black cylinder inserts, all over them, this seemed to help, but did not TOTALLY eliminate all leakage.  After pumping an erection and holding for about 3 seconds, air still leaks very very slowly, will there always be some slight leakage?  I've tried just about everything now, and simply just do do light pumps every 3 seconds to keep the erection held exactly at the same length in the tube, it seems to me that you will always have at least a slight amount of leakage, and doing "maintenance" pumps is the answer.

ComeBackid

Steve

ComeBackid,

Sorry to take so long to get back with you...my Outlook had hiccoughed!

I was referring to the 'outside' of the black inserts where they make contact with the clear tube (or where the small insert contacts the inside of the large one).  Since I've been lubing there, I haven't had any leaks.  However, when I did have leakage, the maintenance pumps worked just fine.

Steve
Topical Verapamil,

Old Man

Steve and ComeBackid:

Since your guys seem to be having a re-occurring problem with leakage while using the Soma, you should try to find what it causing it. I have had no problem with the unit that I have been using for over a year now.

A few tips about assembling it might be in order. When placing all three cylinders or when mating B & C together, make sure that they nest inside each other nicely. Place lube inside the C cylinder and along the outside of the large insert. It also helps to place a small amount of lube between both inserts and on the outside of each. Mate them tightly inside the cylinders. Then mate the cylinders up to the pump assy. using a goodly amount of twisting pressure. Note: Cleaning the "O'' ring occasionally helps it get and keep a better seal.

If at any you get any urine up in the pump, it will not pump as well as it should. So, bottom line always hold the pump assy. at an angle above the level position to preclude urine getting into the pump. Another thing to watch for is the release button. Sometimes, it will get stuck slightly open and allow vacuum to fall off, so check that every time you use the VED.

Should you continue to have the vacuum fall off problem, contact Augusta Medical to see what they suggest for a fix.

Hope that the above helps some. Best regards, Old Man
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

ComeBacKid

Old Man,

I don't think the O ring comes off of the pump part, do you just clean it with warm water?

ComeBackid

Old Man

ComeBackid:

Yes, the O rng will come off the pump assy. You must be very careful and simply slightly stretch it over the tabs that it fits behind. It needs to be cleaned every so often to preclude a build up of lube that can dry and cause it to leak vacuum. DO NOT get any water or liquid on the intake side of the pump at any time so that it won't get into the pump. Just clean the outside of the pump housing with a mild water/soap solution and DO NOT immerse it in water.

Regards, Old Man  

ComeBacKid

Old Man,

After I'm done doing the workout, I take apart the three plastic tubes and run water on the inside of each straight form the spicket, warm water that is, I also rinse out the outside of the tubes.  I disconnect the two black insert rings and rinse them off with warm water, and now I'm going to take off the O ring and rinse that off, the pump handle part I never did anything to. After rinsing everything I let all pieces air dry seperately and taken apart. Am I cleaning the unit properly in this matter? I didn't get any instructions on how to clean the unit from Dr. Carrol

Old Man

ComeBackid:

Yes, you should disassemble the entire pieces and wash them thoroughly with warm soapy water, rinse well with plain water and dry with a soft cloth. Then, let them air dry for a while before storing, etc. You should only occasionally take the O ring off to clean it when it appears to collect lube or urine, etc. Some urine will at times get into the cylinders while pumping so you should be careful to preclude it being drawn into the pump assy. as this can and will cause failure of the device. Try holding the assy. above the horizontal position when pumping to preclude urine from gettng into the intake side of the pump.

Regards, Old Man

Steve

One thing that I've found helps is a 'bottle brush'.  I picked up one at the grocery store made by Mr Clean.  It makes it easy to scrub the inside of the cylinder(s) clean of all lube.

Steve
Topical Verapamil,

ComeBacKid

Hey guys,

I was just wondering how the traction devices are coming along for SteveW and Want It Straight?  Any new increases in size from the device?  Have you made it a normal part of your day to wear it?

ComeBackid

Liam

I use it almost every day.  The first 45 min to 1 hour with heat.  Some of the lost length has been regained.  No more "turtle effect". ;D
House

ComeBacKid

Old Man,

I tried putting lube on the black insert rings, and on the inside of the c tube where they insert into.  This did seem to help with the air leakage, but I still have a very slight tiny amount of air leakage, I can't seem to figure out what the issue is with it. Next time I talk to Mike I will ask him about it.

howcanthisbe

I just started thinking today..... im a little confused on why the VED is diffrent from getting a normal erection. I mean if you get a normal erection isnt that the same thing the ved gives you? Maybe im confused here, but how does a ved erection differ from a normal one. Thanks

Liam

Its the inner tube (not to be confused with the innertube) that prevents the penis from curving which makes the difference.  The pump gives direct control.

Also, as it is common for men with Peyronies Disease to have some degree of erectile dysfunction, the VED allow a fuller erection (not related to a Fuller Brush).
House

Hawk

Quote from: howcanthisbe on July 24, 2006, 09:45:09 PM
I just started thinking today..... im a little confused on why the VED is diffrent from getting a normal erection. I mean if you get a normal erection isnt that the same thing the ved gives you? Maybe im confused here, but how does a ved erection differ from a normal one. Thanks

Liam makes valid points but in some ways a normal erection is better.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Liam

House

Old Man

Yes, getting normal erections are much better than those obtained by VEDs, unless of course you can't get one. However, when one is rendered impotent for whatever reason and can't get/maintain an erection, one raised by the VED can and will work very well. Have been there and done that!

Good luck all of you who can still mount a normal erection.

Old Man

Liam

I think we should change your screen name to "The Man" cause, "You da Man"  :)

House

Old Man

Liam:

Thanks for thinking about a new name for me, but I believe the old one fits me better. The main reason is that I am old in the Peyronies Disease world and old in age. At 77 one does tend to think in older terms.

However, I do like the term, thanks again.

Regards to everyone. Old Man and getting older!

ComeBacKid

Old Man and others,

Mike and I finally got Dr. Carrol to change the prescription to 607.85- peyronies disease, instead of the .89 he had down which was Other Specified Disorders of the Penis, Mike has sent him the updated paperwork which he is to sign today and send back to Mike.  The insurance I have will only pay for the VED if its prescribed for impotence or peyronies, originally they had said only impotence but Mike convinced them on peyronies.  Finally after two months of battling people and hours on the phone I just might get that payout!   :o

For anyone else that is looking to get their VED covered 607.84 is the impotence diagnosis, most insurance companies will only accept this.

flexor

Just some ramblings about the questions being asked about the use of the SomaCorrect.

I recall a posting of a FDA regulation concerning vacuum erection devices, which said they could be sold without regulation provided they met certain requirements. One of those was that you were not allowed to claim that it was suitable for Peyronies disease. (I thought that posting was on this board, but I can't find it, and it may have been another board.)

Augusta had been selling the SomaErect for erection problems, and the SomaCorrect for Peyronies Disease. Thus I suspect that Augusta was put in the position that they could sell their erection aid without regulation, but if they were to claim it was suitable for Peyronies Disease, they would have to apply for approval, with costs, time, and medical evidence which seems thin on the ground. The result appears to be that Augusta now do not make any claim in relation to Peyronies Disease, which allows them to sell their VED freely..

If you look at their site (www.augustams.com)you will find that the names SomErect and Soma Correct are still in use, deal with ED only, appear on the same page, and do not mention Peyronies Disease.

I bought my SomaCorrect for Peyronies Disease from an agent in the UK. It arrived with all the constriction rings for ED, which I was not concerned about, but the literature was for the SomaErect. I spoke to the salesman, who sent me a SomaCorrect manual. This is a 32 page booklet, with a colour cover, which suggests it is an original publication,  dated  2002. On the cover, it says "SomaCorrect Peyronie's Correction Therapy". I guess it was issued before the FDA ruling. If you lookat the Augusta site now, you can buy a SomaCorrect manual for $6, but I bet it makes no mention of Peyronies Disease.  The picture on my copy is different from the current, and though Peyronies Disease is mentioned on my cover, it does not appear to be mentioned on the new one.

Thus we have the silly situation that you can buy a SomaCorrect and use it for Peyronies Disease, but Augusta is not allowed to tell you how to use it for Peyronies Disease.

In fact, the booklet is quite useful. It has a brief history of Peyronies Disease (complete with a picture of La Peyronie), summarises current treatments, and describes the SomaCorrect therapy. It tells you how to use and look after the equipment, with illustrations. It suggests how to get a good seal, (suggests trimming - not shaving - the pubic hair). It includes the 26-week protocol, showing how to alternate the cylinders, and even a chart to plot monthly progress ( Curvature: better/worse/same. Pain: better/worse/same).  All in all, a very useful booklet which answers many of ther queries which keep arising on this board.

I could scan this booklet, and post it on the forum, but it is copyrighted, which might cause the board trouble, and since it is a document that Augusta has withdrawn, that might cause them regulatory and legal problems.

What has crossed my mind is whether I should rewrite the booklet, using the information, but taking out stuff which is elementary for this board (do you really want to know: "Researchers have injected cehmical agents such as Verapamil, collagenase, steriods and calcium channel blockers directly into the plaques. These interventions are still considered unproven because studies have included low numbers of patients and have lacked adequate control groups.") ?

If I then sent it to Old Man for adding to in the light of his extensive experience, and then posted it to the Association library, it may be a more helpful document than the original.

It also crosses my mind that as newcomers come to the board, in the absence of any information from the VED manufacturer, they will be asking again and again the same questions that are being asked now.

ComeBacKid

Flexor,

I did not even know they had a manual but would certainly be useful for me and I'm sure many others, I got absolutely no instructions with mine other than the schedule using the different cylinders.  I did know that Augusta could not advertise the Soma Correct for peyronies cause they have to prove more studies first, thats why I didn't understand why the insurance would pay for the peyronies diagnosis code, but apparently they are willing to pay for it, or Mike convinced them they should.  I think we should get that booklet on the site somewhere, maybe the resource library since so many people are using a Soma, it could also rid us of redundant questions.

ComeBackid

Larry H

Flexor:

I just received my SC from Augusta and found what you mentioned. Not a word in any literature about Peyronie's. There is no question that the FDA has hit them about their Peyronies Disease advertising.

Two years ago or so, an employee of Augusta who's name escapes me, was posting as a Peyronies Disease patient on the BTC site. When it was found out that he was an employee of Augusta, which he admitted, he took some heat. He still claimed he had Peyronies Disease, but was told when he posted in the future to sign his name and state that he is an Augusta employee. To the best of my knowledge he has done that ever since. He is now, and perhaps was then, their national sales manager.

Anyway, from reading his posts I went to the Augusta site and carefully studied their info on the Soma Correct. What caught my eye was the statement that by using their program the "plaque is broken down, absorbed into the body and eliminated" or something to that effect. I posted a note to him on the BTC and hit him pretty hard about that claim as being pure BS. The plaque may be stretched and re-formed in some way to improve the bend and lost length and girth, but it does not break it down and eliminate it. That would be a cure! He wrote back that the matter was being reviewed interanally, and those claims would be removed in the future. They never were, and I think it brought the FDA down on their necks to the point that Augusta can't even mention Peyronie's.

My uro thought the Soma program would be good for me to try, so his office had the Augusta rep contact me. He had already checked out my insurance and said it would cover all but $47.00 for the thing. However, he was talking about the Soma Erect. I told him I wanted the Soma Correct with 3 cylinders. He advised that it would cost cost me another $100.00 as my insurance would only cover the other model. The rep never mentioned Peyronies Disease, and never acknowledged it when I did, only that if I wanted the Soma Correct my cost would be $147.00, and that's what I got. I think everyone can read between the lines and see what is going on here.

A part of all of this makes me feel like I'm dealing with the snake oil crowd. On the other hand legitimate medical research using the device is on going, it does seem to be medical quality, and it does seem to have helped so many that after much thought I wanted to give it a try. My hope is that the Augusta sales people just got carried away with their marketing and made a huge and stupid mistake. Well see.

My Best,

Larry

Larry H

When I made the post below yesterday I had not read the Augusta VED uproar. I was away from the board for a couple of months when this occurred. I just read all of the posts and I'm shocked to say the least. I still believe the product is good, but I have serious questions about the management.

I am going to ask Hawk if anything is new in the matter, and if things still stand as posted I am going to contact Julian Osbon as a new owner of the product, and ask for an explanation and/or investigation. Anyone who would attempt such act is despicable and needs to be removed from the company. If the company does not see it that way then perhaps we as Peyronies Disease patients need to make our urologists aware of the situation and boycott the product.

In any case they need a fair hearing and they need to respond.

Larry

George999

Hello all,  first of all let me say that I do not use a VED and at this point do not feel the need to use one.  But I do have some general comments that I would like to throw out here.

First of all, it is sad to see these days so many companies with fine products that nevertheless feel the need to lie and to astroturf in order to try to promote sales.  Why can't they just label their products for what they are and identify themselves when they post to forums rather than trying to represent themselves as what they aren't?  It is all just so stupid.  I have noticed for example a number of sites selling maca that brazenly claim that it boosts testosterone levels.  Not only is this not proven, the research has been done and it has been proven to be false.  The people who do these things are either ignorant or dishonest, neither of which does much for my level of trust.

My second concern would be with the use of the VED itself.  First of all, I can see potential value not only in stretching the plaque itself, but also in stretching the tissue around the plaque.  But that leads to a possible concern.  If either the plaque or the tissue around the plaque are stretched too much, that risks reigniting inflamation which will only trigger the buildup of more plaque.  Thus, simply stretching plaque, not only might not make it go away, it might make it worse.  So if I was using a VED, I would be very concerned about controlling inflamation.  I would also be concerned about having a strategy that would gradually disolve collagen itself, since that is what the plaque is composed of, and even the normal tissue can be collagen heavy and lack normal amounts of elastin and thus be, in a sense, atrophied.  This whole problem of excess collagen is actually very similar to what happens with cardiovascular disease.  To understand this check out the wikipedia reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atherosclerosis .  Note especially the reference to collagen:
QuoteArteriosclerosis ("hardening of the artery") results from a deposition of tough, rigid collagen inside the vessel wall and around the atheroma. This increases the stiffness, decreases the elasticity of the artery wall.
So unless we can deal with the collagen issue, the same problem is just going to continue to return just like it does when you stretch an artery without stenting it.  I am not saying this with the intention of being negative, quite the opposite.  I think that combined with a strategy to knock out the plaque (collagen), the VED can be quite effective.  At this point, my anti collagen strategy (sans VED) is aloe vera and L-Arginine.  It seems that both of these are known to be able to disolve plaque.  Also important is avoiding anything that might promote collagen like, for example beta blockers.

- George

ComeBacKid

George999,

I agree with you on the false advertising these days with pills and what not. There are so many scoundrals out there to make a quick buck off us desperate people.  Take for example PDLabs, which promoted their product at an 80% efficacy, even backing it with a medical study from a credible certified doctor.  I think in regards to the VED there are many unanswered questions surrounding it, but a handful have reported successful results with it.  I think if one is safe with it and does not overpump, this will minimize the risk of causing further inflammation.  Since we can associate inflammation with pain, if one feels pain while or after using the VED they should stop for awhile, and next time proceed with less pumping action, I think that is a fair assumption to make.

I really hate the lies and deception from the sales community, it really makes me more and more skeptical when a new product or drug comes up.

ComeBackid

ComeBacKid

Has anyone noticed moving from cylinder A on the Soma Correct to cylinder B pinching around the base of their penis as they pump to an erection?  I noticed the small gap between the end of the black insert and the B tube.  When pumping with the A cylinder I did not notice this problem at all, but now its a very distinct pinching, not very comfortable.

Mick

Two days ago, July 25, I completed the 5th month of the Soma Correct protocol.  There has been no measurable change during the past month, nor has there been any in the past 3 months; however, the progress of the first 2 months was so great that there really wasn't much left to do, except for the placque.  In summary, I have regained 1/2 inch in length, 5/8 inch in girth, and a reduction in curve from 15 degrees dorsal to zero.  The placque is still there and seems to be unchanged, but may not be so thick as it was.  The protocol during the last month, which I have just begun, calls for use of cylinder C only, so perhaps there will be more change.  I'll let you know on Aug. 25.

Respy, Mick    

flexor

Further to my post, I found the document I described: www.fda.gov/cdrh/ode/guidance/1231.html#5

This refers to "External Penile Rigidity Devices". It effectively states that the purpose of these devices is to induce an erection adequate for sexual intercourse. If it does that, and makes no claims for doing anything else, and complies with the Guidance, then the device does not require regulatory approval.

It is dated December 2004, so manufacturers would have had to amend their literature to limit their claims in 2005.

The document includes recommended labelling instructions that would enable the manufacturer to meet the Guidance,including specific recommendations for the labelling of vacuum pumps, most of which is common sense. But one is as follows:

"use of a vacuum pump may aggravate already existing conditions such as Peyronie's disease (the formation of hardened tissue in the penis that causes pain, curvature, and distortion, usually during erection); priapism (persistent, usually painful erection of the penis as a consequence of disease and not related to sexual arousal); and urethral strictures (urethral stricture is an area of hardened tissue, which narrows the urethra sometimes making it difficult to urinate)."

It offers no references for this statement, and the whole sentence is a bit odd – why would anyone with priapism be even using a VED ? He'd need a device to get it down, not get it up !

In years of following boards, I have come across posts of men for whom a VED offered improvement in their Peyronies Disease, and many more who said it made no difference. But I have never come across a post that said a VED made it worse.

Unfortunately, true or false, the statement is there in black and white.

Liam

The FDA warning is there for the same reason as the warning on a curling iron: Do Not Insert Curling Iron Into Any Bodily Orifice.  It's called: Cover Your Assets  ;)

The warning is like the points on "Who's Line is it Anyhow" (They don't count).
House

Steve

This is my reply to a PM from ComeBackid asking about a pinching issue with the Soma Correct.  I thought I'd post my reply for other's to view/comment.

ComeBackid,

Yeah, the letters have worn/washed off the cylinders, so I can no longer read them.  Whenever it's time for a new week, I just refer to the schedule (where I keep track of which size to switch to) where I've got the cylinders recorded

I'm in week 10 of the protocol, although I've been at it for longer than 10 weeks.  As I told you before, when I've got to take a week off (Boy Scouts or something), when I resume, I repeat the previous week's protocol to 'get back on schedule'.  This wasn't recommended anywhere, it's just something I've come up with to make-up for the missed weeks.

I haven't noticed any pinching yet with the large insert and the 'B' cylinder...guess I'm lucky? Old Man did mention in an earlier post that he'd been in contact with Augusta regarding the pinching issue, and that they were looking into it.  We might see if he has any further insite into this.

Steve
Topical Verapamil,

Old Man

Steve:

Yes, I have been in contact with the Augusta people about the pinching effect. It is supposed to be corrected with the newer model VED that is coming out possibly as early as August (not sure about this). The pinching is caused by sharp edges on the inserts and the gap between the cylinders and the insert(s). Don't know if the inserts for the new model will retrofit the older Soma units or not. Will ask that question the next contact I have with Augusta.

I was instructed by the rep at Augusta that if the pinching effect occured that possibly the user was using the small insert along with the B & C cylinders. The small insert is designed to be used only when using the small A cylinder. When using B & C cylinder(s) use only the large insert.

Should the user desire to obtain an erection using the large C cylinder, one must be careful when sliding the retainer ring off the cylinder and it is strongly suggested to use the large insert as well. The end of C cylinder is rather sharp edged and could possible cause the user a problem.

Regards, Old Man

ComeBacKid

Steve,

You've said you've seen no results thus far, but when your done pumping is your penis a little bigger and more full with blood?  If you took a week off that probably severly affected the treatment, after it, its probably like starting over.  I wouldn't get discouraged cause of this I would simply stick with it.  I had some leakage in the A cylinder for a few days, did a few extra days on the A cylinder to make up for those poor workout days, now I've moved to cylinder B but have experienced the pinching.  One way to lessen the pinching I've learned is to put lots of lube in the gap between the end of the cylinder and the black insert.

ComeBackid

Steve

When in doubt, ALWAYS use more lube ;D

Yeah, I know that to get the most out of the protocol, I should keep it up each and every day, but there are situations that come up the preclude my use of the VED (Camping out with Boy Scouts for example).  So, rather than starting over at week 1 each and every time I miss a week, I've justified (in my mind at least) that re-doing the week just prior to my week off will kind of get me back on schedule.

I have noticed more blood flow (redder color) after using the VED, but I haven't really noticed any change in size afterwards.  My main 'measure' is my angle which is still at 70 degrees just behind the Glans.  It's been this same angle (and I've got the weekly photos to prove it) since before I started any treatments, which has now been a full year ago!

I'm not giving up hope yet (and probably never will -- I'm just a born optomist), and I figure that with my re-starts, it'll probably take me 7-8 months to get through the 6-month protocol.  I'll let you and everyone else know if (when ;)) I start getting results.

Steve
Topical Verapamil,

Larry H

Pasted below is a letter that will go out in tomorrows mail. I'm sure most of you know the background so I won't go into detail. However, if any of you have any questions just drop me a note.

My Best,

Larry

Irvin L. Holcombe
44 Quinton Oaks Lane
Callao, Virginia 22435

July 31, 2006

Mr. Julian Osbon
Augusta Medical Systems
P.O. Box 10026
Augusta, GA 30903-9978

Dear Mr. Osbon:

I am a Peyronie's patient and a Peyronie's advocate currently working as director of Peyronies Disease awareness for the Peyronie's Disease Society www.PeyroniesSociety.org. Also, I am a AMS customer since I purchased a SomaCorrect several weeks ago on the recommendation of my urologist in Richmond, VA. My purpose in writing is to bring to your attention a very disturbing matter that occurred this past April, and which I only became aware of several days ago.

On April 28th a post was made on our forum by new member relating a very sad story about his Peyronies Disease, and how it cost him a marriage and so forth. He then said that a urologist in Alabama suggested a vacuum device, and wonderful things began to happen, including saving his life. He then went on to thank Augusta Medical Systems and the SomaCorrect. It was a very nice story except that it was all a lie. It seems that the post came from your office on a computer used by your director of marketing.

I don't think that I need to elaborate on how despicable it is to pray on the fragile emotions of people affected with this horrible disease, or any disease for that matter, for any gain, but especially monetary gain. It is simply beyond my comprehension that any legitimate company would allow this to happen. This is such a despicable act that I felt that you must not be aware of it since no adequate action or explanation has been forthcoming, and I felt that it should be brought to your attention.

I know that Augusta Medical Systems is involved with urologists around the country and world. I know that your SomaCorrect is being studied for Peyronie's treatment, and that one of the top Peyronies Disease urologists, Dr. Laurence Levine in Chicago is involved in the study. I have to believe that if this became common knowledge within the urological community, it would have a devastating impact on your company.

We have well over five hundred members on our forum, and most all are aware and upset over this matter. I'm sure they would have strong feelings if their urologists recommended the Soma device.

Mr. Osbon I don't think you can let this stand. As a Peyronie's patient, a Peyronie's advocate, and an Augusta customer, am requesting that you do an in-house investigation, find out the facts and dismiss any employees involved in this act. I am going to post this letter on our forum (www.peyroniesforum.net), and I will post your reply and the results of your investigation and actions. This will give you a chance to clear your company and put the matter to rest. We all want to believe that AMS is a reputable and responsible company. Hopefully this was the act of one individual, on their own, and in no way is sanctioned by the company.

Sincerely,

Larry Holcombe

ComeBacKid

Has anyone else noticed red pin sized dots after using the VED?  I've just noticed them since I"ve moved to 800 IUs of vitamin E, which is considered the dosage to act as a blood thinner.  I'm wondering if this has caused them, considering I never had any pain when pumping.  I've since discontinued taking vitamin E altogether, so I will report back if the dots go away, if anyone else has had a similar experience please post.

Also someone had posted on the BTC that Dr. Levine has exact pumping directions for the VED, I don't believe that I've ever seen these, if anyone knows of them or has them, posting would be of great help.  I believe the post on the BTC regarding this was made by "Kid."

ComeBackid

Liam

Clinical trial of a simplified vacuum erection device for impotence treatment.

Sidi AA, Lewis JH.

Department of Urologic Surgery, University of Minnesota Hospital and Clinic, Minneapolis.

Thirty-one men participated in a clinical trial of a simplified vacuum erection device (Catalyst) in which the pump and penile cylinder have been combined to facilitate the pumping required to induce a vacuum. Of the 28 men who completed the three-month trial, 26 (93%) reported overall satisfaction with the device and an intention to continue its use, and 2 men were unable to maintain a satisfactory erection. Episodes of mild bruising or development of petechiae occurred in 9 men. None of the complications required treatment or prevented safe use of the device. Our experience with this new vacuum device indicates a high degree of patient satisfaction and minimal complications. On average, patients rated ease of use high at all follow-up visits.

Publication Types:
Clinical Trial

PMID: 1615600 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Source:  http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=1615600&dopt=Abstract

petechiae:
(peh-TEE-kee-a): Pinpoint, unraised, round red spots under the skin caused by bleeding.
www.columbia-stmarys.org/14569.cfm
House

ComeBacKid

Liam,

My research also showed what I have to be petechiae, apparently it is popped or aggravated blood vessels.  I had remember Hawk telling me to be careful with being on vitamin E as a blood thinner at the 800IU or greater dosage, cause it can cause this to happen.  I was just wondering if anyone else has gotten this from using the VED?  Steve reported to me that he was on blood thinners and used the VED and did not have this occur.  As I said before I had no pain when pumping so I believe it could be solely attributed to being on the higher dosage of vitamin E, which I have since discontinued.

ComeBackid