VED's - Vacuum Erection Devices

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Man

wayne999:

Yes, the Augusta Vitality OTC manual three cylinder model VED is what I consider the weapon of choice right now for Peyronies Disease therapy. At $229.99 plus free shipping and handling it is the best bargain out there.

First of all, it is much cheaper than most models out there now and it performs much better than any VED that I have ever used or heard about being used based on the purchased models, that is. Some home made units work better for those who made them as a custom unit. If you are handy with tools, check out the post where Angus and/or Tim explain how they made theirs.

Some of the cheaper models cause pinching of the penis, sucking up the scrotum and testes into the cylinder and other problems. The Vitality,, as Angus says, is considered to be the best unit for Peyronies Disease therapy if you cannot make your own as he has done.

My curves were 45 degrees down  and 45 degrees to the right when erect before VED therapy. Those were measured in my uro's office using the standard math protractor by the nurse practitioner. After about 6 months of VED therapy and large dosages of vitamin E, the curves went away. A slight hourglass effect remained for another 6 months so, but now that is gone. I use the Soma Correct (predecessor to the Vitality or Soma Erect VEDs) VED now about 3 or so times a week just for maintenance of the results, etc.

Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

Old Man

Angus and Mick:

OK guys, enough of the flattery. However, flattery will get you everywhere if applied right, huh?

Anyway, thanks for your kudos. I do try my best to help when the opportunity presents itself.

Thanks, again.

Old Man
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

Toby

Hi guys, I havent posted in a while but I just wanted to report my progress with the vitality ved. After 11 weeks of therapy I still have a upward curve, and I also still have loss of girth. However I am noticing some positive changes. The scar tissue seems to be softening. When I am erect I can straighten my penis without pain. Before I couldnt do this. I also have regained my lost length. The first time I used the ved I measured my penis and it was about 5 in. Now just under 6.5 in. Also when I use ved my penis is much thicker and straighter. It also seems longer and has more feeling in it throughout the day. But I am discouraged because when I have an erection without ved I still have the curve. I do notice that 2 dents halfway down the shaft are nearly gone. I just hope I will continue to see positive results.

Old Man

Toby:

You should not be too discouraged since you have reported positive things happening for your Peyronies Disease. The curve I know is important to you, but it is not the most important thing for you right now. Give the VED exercise therapy more time to work on the curve. My experience tells me that the curve is usually the last thing to show improvement for some guys. However, it would only be fair to say that the curve in some instances will not respond as much as the lose of dimensions. So, keep up the therapy on a daily basis and stay the course for at least the 26 week regimen. You may even need to do a second 26 week protocol schedule to get the final results you are looking for, etc.

If you have questions that any of us can help with, please fire away.

Old Man

jackisback

Can I ask, how many people out there who use VED also use blood thinning supplements (E, pentox, l-arg)? I just feel like whenever i use my VED a few times a week I get big improvement, but once I get serious and do it every day, I start to have a decrease in erection quality even though i try to be cautious.

getting_there_in_oregon

i cannot find the thread in the "child's board" that gives details of the 26 week VED plan. it's pretty annoying!!! i've been looking and looking....  

jackp

I have been on Vitamin E, Plavix and now Warfarin. Have to have my blood checked every 4 weeks.
When I first started the VED I was on Plavix. Did not pay attention and got too aggressive that caused a bruise that took 2 months to heal.
After failed implant last October I found this site and Old Man. He started me on the proper usage of the 1 cylinder prescription VED that I had for over a year and used "sparingly".
I find that if I pump and hold for 20 seconds>< then release and repump I get a better result. After about 5 minutes with minimal pressure I can start adding pressure and by 10 minutes I was where I was b/4 starting VED therapy after 15 minutes i have gained 1/2 to 3/4 of if my size b/4 peyronies.
Always when on blood thinner do not over pump. Start Slow and if you feel any pain you are getting to aggressive. The key is to start slowly and then build up.
Using this method I have not hurt myself but have a better penis.
Jackp

Old Man

getting there:

OK, it is very easy once you know the right path. Log in to the main forum. Go to the home page icon in the left hand margin of the links. Open the home page, locate the link to the main forum posts. Right below it is a smaller link that is listed as Childs Board and open that page. The two protocols are located at the very beginning of the list of topics.

One is for the three cylinder purchased models and one is for the separate cylinder models home made by guys who have the ability and handy with tools. Angus and Tim as well as others have made their own, etc.

Let me know if this gets you to the right place.

Old Man

Mick

I am on warfarin and use L-Argenine.

getting_there_in_oregon

i don't get what the importance of cylinder size is! i have one VED pump and i can't imagine what difference the cylinder size would make unless i couldn't fit myself inside it. this one i have is bigger than i could ever hope to be! the pump sucks the air out and inflates the penis... am i missing something? what's up with the 3 cylinder sizes?!?

getting_there_in_oregon

thanks Old Man!! found it! ...and bookmarked it!

Old Man

getting_there:

The theory behind the three cylinders for VED therapy is that the varying degrees of vacuum pressure and confinement of the penis in the small cylinder stretches the penis in length as well as in girth.

Confining the penis in the small cylinder holds the curved penis in a more straight position and in turn gives the tissue a sort of remolding attitude. The penis is considered a "smooth muscle" type tissue and therefore can more easily be deformed or damaged. Remolding a curved penis in the VED does take time and patience.

VED usage is not a science in itself, but does lend itself for providing much more volume of blood flow to a damaged penis than a natural erection. Blood flow is necessary to help keep the penis more healthy. There are no known studies at this time, as far as I know, that provide any official background verification success for VED usage. We just have the known success stories of those who have had their Peyronies Disease go into remission by using the VED therapy.

The VED therapy does not work for all cases of Peyronies Disease, but there have been enough that have received good results to support its use.

Old Man

wayne999

Old Man:

In terms of anything official related to the VED success stories, I noticed on the Fittz website for the Vitality VED model that a certain Chris Spivey, P.A. Urology Centers of Alabama, P.C. – Birmingham claims that "So far, more than 1,000 patients have been successfully treated for Peyronie's with a multi-cylinder vacuum therapy system in our clinic. "

Anyone ever heard of this guy or been to this clinic?

http://www.fitzz.com/Vitality-Plus-Three-Cylinder-Vacuum-Therapy-System--Recommended-for-Peyronies-Therapy--Free-Shipping-Included_p_1983.html

LWillisjr

Interesting,
One would think that a clinic with this success rate would be better known, and that there would be documented studies with the facts. Given that it is a promotional statement, it would be interesting to find out what there definition of  "have been successfully treated" means.........?
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Old Man

lwillisjr and Wayne999:

Yes, we do know of the Chris Spivey study that has been going for quite some time now. The results, as far as I know, have not been published. I have personally written emails to the clinic requesting a copy of the study, but have never even received an answer much less a copy of the study results.

They used the 26 week protocol (posted on our own Childs Board) for the thousand or so patients that were enrolled in the study group. We adopted using that protocol as an acceptable therapy schedule some time ago and Angus posted it on the Childs Board for all to use. It was successful for myself and others on this forum. Some have reported their success and I am sure that others just simply did not come back on the forum to report their success or failure to get success for their Peyronies Disease.

I have no clue as to the reason why the Birmingham, Alabama, clinic has not made public their findings. It is clear that they used the three cylinder VED for their study group. The Vitality OTC unit as well as the old Soma Correct and later the Somaerect VEDs were used in the study and appears to have produced great results based on the Fitzz statement, etc.

Hope this helps.

Old Man

Tim468

Either they were too lazy to publish it, or they realized it would not pass muster in a peer-reviewed journal, or they submitted it and it was rejected. I think any is a likely explanation, since the "study" was uncontrolled without a blinded investigator or subject (and how could you?) nor a control group.

Tim
52, Peyronies Disease for 30 years, upward curve and some new lesions.

Hawk

Unless the term "Successfully Treated" has some established medical definition I am not familiar with, it is a term you can define almost as you see fit and is therefore useless.  I think one could literally argue they "successful treated" patients but "the patients treatment was not successful" if you follow the jargon.  It is a term that always sets off my BS detector as Liam used to say.

Mind you, I am not saying the VED does not work.  I would argue for VED use, but I think if they could have justly made a more definitive statement they would have jumped on it.   The fact that they did not raises questions.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

george t

Hi- I am currently having treatment at UROLOGY CENTERS OF ALABAMA and the protocal was developed by CHRIS SPIVEY-- who is a FEMALE. ALthough I have read about the 3 cyllinder program, I was given but one size and use it exclusively. I am to "Pump up" about 10 times in a session and hold each time for about 20 to 30 seconds before deflating. I have seen some straightening. I also have iontophoresis treatments (10 so far) and 2 more to go...Verapimil injections may then be proposed....I put some kind of creme on Mr. Pecker twice a day and no clue if it has done any good or not. It is 140 miles roundtrip each time I go for a session and I'm approaching about a thousand bucks just on gas not to mention co-pays. ONLY WOMEN do the therapy at this place....The Physician's Assistant (Ms. SPivey) and her nurses......How embarassing to have a "pumping" lesson/evaluation from a woman......Wouldn't you think they would have a guy or two there for these things? About 16 urologists.....all males but 2-- male nurses? I have NEVER seen one there and this place is the biggest practice in my state.

Any guys out there who developed Peyronie's after surgery? Mine started soon after a Transurethral Resection of the Prostate (TURP) I had 3 of them in 2006 in only 4 months and near total anorgasmia, or orgasmic sensation loss after TURP one and the Peyronie's started after TURP 3. Still have erectile pain in the night/morning and this now after 2 years.....it is GREATLY lessened (was 4 or 5 times per night) and forward bending mostly fixed but still angulation to the right and hour-glass shaped. Even with the VED device, the glans never is as fully "engorged" as before this mess started. I was only 56 when I had the surgery and at age 58 this is NOT what I had expected sexually. I have also noticed some  penile shortening as well.

george t

HI- George T again-- I forgot to ask VED users out there...I have been in the last few days noticing some reddish spots and some tiny water filled blister looking places on the glans of my penis--noticed them thru the clear cyllinder. Is this from over pumping? I didn't think I was doing too much.....I'd not pumped till it HURT....Didn't hold more than a minute or two at the longest....I have cut back to about 30 seconds per pumping after reaching maximum size....ANy tips out there...? Thanks if can advise.  

Ptolemy

Multi-Cylinder Vacuum Therapy for Peyronie's Disease Application Directions

1. Use the different sized cylinders according to the above table.
2. Use negative pressure daily (for up to six months) as a therapy for Peyronie's Disease.
3. Each daily session should consist of 10 cycles. Each cycle will consist of the following steps: (1) create negative pressure around the penis (2) fill the space inside the cylinder and hold a "straight" erection for 5-10 seconds (3) release the negative pressure in the cylinder (4) repeat the cycle ten times to complete one daily session.
4. Negative pressure will not allow the penis to fully engorge, but will allow penile vascularization and stretching of the Peyronie's plaque.

I copied the above from the instructions on VED use.
Point 4 above: Applies only to the large cylinder for me. When I use the small or medium cylinder, the friction of my penis on the walls of the cylinder frequently causes an erection. Any thoughts on gaining an erection during the VED session? Since the primary purpose of the VED is bloodflow will an erection during the session have any negative impact on bloodflow especially to the plaque area?

Ptolemy

Quote from: george t on September 15, 2008, 12:19:17 AM
I have been in the last few days noticing some reddish spots and some tiny water filled blister looking places on the glans of my penis

I have noticed a small reddish spot occasionally (but not on the glans) and never thought twice about it. If I got a lot and frequently, I'd reduce the pressure a little.

jackp

Guys
Never pump to the point that you see redness or blisters. I did not pay attention a couple of years ago and had a blister that took 2 months to heal.
IMHO Back off the pressure, just because you do not feel pain does not mean that you are not over pumping.
Start out slowly you do not have to get to a full erection right away use about 10 minutes to get there. Pump and release every 20-30 seconds. I would say start out with about a 80% erection.
That is what worked for me.
Jackp

Tim468

Welcome George-T

I guess I might feel different about a guy or a girl showing me how to use a VED - but I'd be embarrased either way!

A blister suggests too high of a pressure. I use a simple hand pump on a simple cylinder, so I can always know what pressure I am using (others here do not feel this makes much difference and go by "feel"). But whether using a gauge or not, we all figure out what we can tolerate. The goal is to stretch out the tissue, but not to damage the tissue. A blister or red spot (petechiae is the right term) is a sign that too much pressure was used. Let it heal and then come back at it at a lowered pressure.

Ptolemy -

Either due to age (or a lack of excitement about pumping!) I rarely get an erection from pumping with any size cylinder. It is my experience that it does not make any difference with the larger cylinders, but with a small cylinder it makes a huge difference. In short, I am unable to get into it if I start out erect, and therefore I do not get the longitudinal pull I desire. Although blood is pulled into the whole penis well, the idea is more about the head getting engorged and forming a seal/gasket that can be pulled by the vacuum so that a length-wise stretch is applied to the penis. That effect is lost when I get all hot and bothered that I am playing with myself!

Tim

wayne999

I was wondering for those who noted curvature improvements, did you also notice a gain of flexibility? What i mean by that, for eg, because i have a 40 or so downward curve, I can't get my erect member to go all the way against my stomach. I've noted Old Man said that even whilst his erection sticks straight out now after using the VED, he can't move it very much in any direction. Was interested to see if any people were able to also get back flexibility ?  I would have thought that it a normal erect penis should be able to be flexible such that you can bring it all the way back so its flat against your stomach?  

Angus

I'm not sure I personally would want that much flexibility. I can't imagine why an individual would require that a penis bend all the way back to his stomach, but then on the other hand, I might not want to know why. A certain amount of rigidity is desired to stabilize things to help prevent injury by keeping this lateral movement to a minimum. If I had to live with just my much-improved curve but without 90 degree lateral and vertical motion, I think I could live with that. To answer your question though, the flexibility I had didn't change a bit and I like it that way.  

wayne999

The reason I ask if because it seems to me that a normal erect penis (from the "movies" that I've seen) would have no trouble in being tilted up 90 degrees. This would be to allow for certain "female dominant" positions i.e. the basic woman-on-top but she instead of being perfectly straight she is leaning down on the man. In such a case, I would estimate there would be a 0 to 30 degree angle between the stomach and penis. This is why I was interested to see if straighetning of the penis via VED (or Traction) was also able to give some flexibilty back that I would assume a normal penis would have. Obviously one would not care or wish for any such 90degrees flexibility in a left/right direction as there is no point of that.

Angus

Wayne, I haven't heard of Peyronies Disease affecting flexibility upwards. I suppose something could be affected if the suspension ligament or other ligaments were damaged, but since I've never heard of this, that would be a first and a long shot as the suspension ligament is far removed from tissues affected by Peyronies. I believe your original question is the first inquiry here about loss of vertical flexibility and if VED use helps this. So basically, I don't know. Maybe someone else would have thoughts on this. We're writing the book here on so many things, and this may be another page if flexibility is a functionality problem for you.
  I have thoughts on what you say about positions, woman on top and movies (I assume you mean porn?), but that discussion would veer away from VED's and should be taken to the Off-Topic area in a thread there if you wanted to discuss it.  

Hawk

Wayne,

Right or wrong topic, I will give a quick answer.  More men here have triggered Peyronies Disease from woman on top injuries than possibly any other single injury induced cause.  If you have Peyronies Disease, never consider that position.

I know of no issues with Peyronies Disease and the movement of the entire penis.  Flexing the shaft away from the plaque would be more difficult.  If your penis curves from the stomach that is could be common Peyronies Disease.  If the shaft is straight but the entire shaft sticks away from the stomach, I have no clue what that is about.

jackisback

Really? I thought most people didn't know where their Peyronie's came from.

The woman on top thing is surprising to me. Personally, I won't avoid it ever because it's the best position for my ED. It seems to me that position would be pretty safe depending on the technique. Seems that it would be risky only if she were going high up enough that you were in danger of slipping out and having the classic *snap* scenario, but maybe it's just the opposite and her moving around while you're fully inside would be more traumatic for all I know. (sorry for being so graphic)

Tim468

Interesting thought Hawk... Is that something you found by reading "Our Histories" or just an impression you formed. I too thought that most of us can not recall a specific injury.

However, I made mine worse by rough sex (um, lets just say I can't recall if she was on top or sort of beside me or in front of me... but it was too out of control. It makes me sad that I cannot have that kind of sex any more, but the kind I do have is wonderful).

Tim

Angus

I haven't seen a poll upon the subject, but I have read about the woman on top bend-n-snap scenario too many times and am also under the impression that this is the leading injury induced cause of Peronies. Over-ambitious solo sex might run a close second but this is just based on my reading over the years. Sticking with woman on top is at a risk and in my humble opinion increases ones odds of the bend-n-snap scenario greatly. If you accept the associated risk, go for it... and be careful.  

Hawk

Let me be clear.  I am not suggesting MOST Peyronies Disease is caused by woman on top.  I am suggesting that most Peyronies Disease that is attributed to injury is associated with injury from that position.   I can actually count several names off the top of my head and the theme has come up many times on the forum (by men and women posting on the main forum).  I would name  a list now but I feel uncomfortable doing so.  

wayne999

Quote from: Angus on September 16, 2008, 11:25:34 PM
  I have thoughts on what you say about positions, woman on top and movies (I assume you mean porn?), but that discussion would veer away from VED's and should be taken to the Off-Topic area in a thread there if you wanted to discuss it.

Angus, I'm not sure where to put a reply to this post in the Off-Topic area, so please feel free to start a new thread there with what you wanted to say on this issue.

We've heard of only a few success stories here with VED, and they all seem to be related to men age 60+ who seem to be affected by varying degrees of ED. I was wondering if any younger guys had any experience with VED?

Also, does anyone have any experience/thoughts with VED success stories if curvature is caused by say not Peyronies Disease but congenital?

Angus

Quote from: wayne999 on September 21, 2008, 09:51:12 AM
Quote from: Angus on September 16, 2008, 11:25:34 PM

Angus, I'm not sure where to put a reply to this post in the Off-Topic area, so please feel free to start a new thread there with what you wanted to say on this issue.

We've heard of only a few success stories here with VED, and they all seem to be related to men age 60+ who seem to be affected by varying degrees of ED. I was wondering if any younger guys had any experience with VED?

Also, does anyone have any experience/thoughts with VED success stories if curvature is caused by say not Peyronies Disease but congenital?

On the subject of movies (porn, I assume) and using them as a guide or teaching tool in regards to sex positions and techniques, I could summarize my own thoughts in one statement without a thread. Porn is a form of entertainment. The things they portray border on the outrageous and surpass that with regularity. I haven't watched any for decades because the thinking that pushing the limits with gymnastic, outrageous, upside-down sex will win the hearts of women is gone. Anyone who emulates the positions that push the limits of physiology does so entirely at their own risk because of the possibility of damage to the penis. So the young beware... if you're chasing porn to enhance sex experiences, you're chasing a ghost... the answers you want are right at home without goofball positions that endanger your physiology. A discussion of the inherent dangers of woman on top could be held in the Causes of Peyronies Disease thread. I might be old school, but the old school guys have been to a lot of school and generally have a handle on this stuff.
    VED success: Yes, I'd like to have more VED success stories here, but we have only those that choose to document their success on this forum, and those are the ones that stepped up to use the VED and stick with it for an extended period of time. The majority of Peyronies sufferers who post here are older because Peyronies mostly affects men who are older. However, I got Peyronies but not ED, I'm under 60, and the VED worked to reduce Peyronies curvature. There aren't a lot of statistics here concerning young men with Peyronies that help resolve it with a VED because there just aren't a lot of them. Until young men with true Peyronies Disease use the VED and post their results, good or bad, well, we won't have statistics on that. Some have posted a few times and asked about VED's but many disappear after a few posts for one reason or another.
    VED's and congenital curve: Nope, I don't have thoughts on that. That is a subject that is out of the realm of this forum. If a man has a fully functioning penis that has a curve to it that has always been there and he is able to have penetrative sex, then what is there to fix? All penises are not the perfectly straight unbelievably huge baseball bats portrayed in porn (see above on porn) and that's just the way it is. There is documentation here on how to use a VED, but if you're considering using a VED to straighten a congenital curve to a straighter specification that you wish to have, I don't know what to tell you, except to ask you to really re-think what you are doing. If you function and are straight enough for penetrative sex, you have the gift of health and a penis that works, so you have nothing to fix.
    I'm not trying to rant and beat anyone down... I'm just trying to help put a proper perspective on these things. There are probably differing opinions on this stuff, but that's where I'm coming from.

Old Man

Wayne999:

I too echo Angus' statements below about congenital curvature. If the actual truth was known, a very small percentage of men could be classified as having a completely straight penis. I am over 79 now, spent a lot of time in the military and civilian jobs where we shared showers, talked a lot about sex and sexual prowess. There are very few guys with straight rods out there. If you want to see a good site where there are hundreds of pictures of penises that show what I am talking about, go to this site:  www.ejacu.com

This site has many categories of pictures of all sizes, shapes, curves and very few straight ones. So, what we are saying is, and I am old enough to know, that if you have a HEALTHY penis even though curved to any degree that is not giving you pain or discomfort at any time leave it alone. You should just accept the fact that is what you were born with and use it your best advantage. There is no quick fix for congenital curve as far as I know except surgery. However, surgery in my book is the last resort and I would never consider that until I could no longer function sexual with what I had.

The above is the considered opinion of an old geezer who has been here a long time and seen a lot!!!

Old Man

LWillisjr

All,
My curiosity was peaked by another post (I forget who it was) about the angle of one's erection. I found the following site which also verifies as Old Man states that they come in all shapes, sizes, and angles...... and few are actually straight. This site also has some statistics I found interesting.

http://www.erectionphotos.com
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

wayne999

On that site lwillis posted, if you go to "full color pix" on that website and scroll down to the last guy who is aged 25 that is sort of what my situation is.

I've been to my first uro and he said because of my age he suspects that i do not have Peyronies Disease but congenital curvature. I'm going to get a 2nd opinion but i was just wondering if i have something congenital then maybe there is no point of getting a VED.

Tim468

Wayne,

You have mentioned having a theory about how it happened due to your style of masturbation starting when you were young. You may not be able to, but if you can recall whether or not the shape was the same back then, then you will have your answer as to whether or not it is congenital.

The VED may help if you have had mild ED, which you have described. You might want to discuss this with a good urologist - have you seen one  yet?

Tim

wayne999

Tim:  The uro I saw asked me the same thing, but I am not able to recall that far back. This is probably why he thinks it is simply congenital (because i've had it for a long time), but my instinct tells me that the style i employed (face down on stomach) would have surely done some sort of damage. In terms of ED, i think i may have jumped the gun on that because i was a bit worried by everything so i don't think i actually have any ED issues.

The uro said he could feel the lower 1/3 of my flaccid penis (from the point of waisting down to the base) as being somewhat tougher. You'll recall that i said before an ultrasound basically showed i had no problems. The uro said that this thickening was mild so it would not show up on an ultraosound. I can also specifically see 2 small chord-looking things or bumps on either side of my unit that when i gently massage to feel them i notice that they are harder than the surrounding tissues. But the uro thought it was congenital and gave me all the usual dont worry about it assurances.....so i'll try to get a 2nd opinion. I brought up the idea of VED but he said he wasnt familiar with that.

Toby

Hi guys: Just checking with a progress report. I am sorry to  say that after 12 weeks of ved therapy, I am noticing a worsening of my condition. When using C tube I have begun noticing an upward curve while inside the cylinder. This started about 2 weeks ago. I am also noticing a leftward bend when in the process of getting an erection. It goes away after I achieve an erection, but it is still disturbing to see this. When I started using vacuum therapy my penis was straight as an arrow inside the cylinder and it is upsetting to see this curve. Up to this point I thought I thought I was doing fairly well with the therapy. I was wondering if I should just use A and B cylinders. Any thoughts any one. Hang in there guys. I continue to pray for all of us.

Iceman

Hang in there toby - just keep plodding on - i think i am getting a bit straighter - been going for around 12 wks now...

Angus

Reduce the vacuum pressure and use the A and B cylinders for a while; take it easy. I thought you posted a while back that at 11 weeks of therapy you had the upward curve still, but now you're just noticing an upward curve at 12 weeks? Has it stayed the same or increased? I'm trying to understand your progression. I can say with confidence that 12 weeks of VED use isn't near enough time for lasting results. Continue with the small cylinders but back off the vacuum and stop way before any pain starts. Old Man and others will jump in tomorrow with thoughts.  

Old Man

Toby:

I agree with Angus, you have not allowed enough time on the therapy with the VED to realize any lasting results. If you have not been following the protocol to the letter with regard to the exact cylinder for each exact week, you should probably start over from week 1. The three cylinder VEDs are so designed that the progression of the cycles from the small cylinder to the large cylinder is to provide a progressive approach to the amount of vacuum applied to one's penis. The penis must be "taught" to get used to the additional vacuum that the VED exerts over the amount of natural blood flow into the erectile chambers.

Since the chambers have not been filled with the extra amount of blood for so long, they tend to shrink up and have to stretched ever so slow so that they will retain the new position. Anyway, just consider continuing with the protocol whether or not you start over with Week 1 or not. It is my firm belief that you can and will receive at least some benefit from the vacuum therapy. As Angus says, back off on the amount of vacuum pressure you are using and let your penis get used to the pull of the modified vacuum.

Will be glad to field any questions you have about vacuum therapy, so feel free to ask.

Old Man

wayne999

With the different cylinders each week, what's the science behind that? I mean, isn't that something that OldMan just "guesstimated" and it seeminlgy worked for him (and then in consultation with the suppliers OldMan suggested such a protocol, which is why we see it on the sellers' websites).

I'm still unsure of the potential risks of using VED. I mean, if improvement of curvature were to occur why wouldn't that simply be a case of another plaque forming on the opposite side of the shaft...because all you are basically doing is trying to "bend" it back to horizontal?

Where i stand at the moment is that I think my symptoms are Peyronies Disease, but thus far ultrasounds and 1 uro do not think so. I will see another uro before making a choice about VED.

Old Man

wayne999:

I am truly sorry that you take the position you do about even trying the VED therapy. No, what is posted by me about the three cylinder VED and the protocol for it's use is NOT A GUESS OR ESTIMATE on my part. It the result of many hours of testing by the company that makes the VEDs and my experience in working this other Peyronies Disease sufferers. In addition, there is a test clinic underway in Birmingham, AL by a urology group that will sometime in the future post their results of over 1,000 patients with their success or failure from using a three cylinder VED. Early reports from that urology group indicate much success with the three cylinder VEDs being used by many patients.

The three cylinder model VEDs are designed for specific purposes in the treatment of Peyronies Disease by experience of these companies in their many years of research and development. This includes input by users that have Peyronies Disease and experienced the problems it presents. The three cylinders take the penile therapy all the way from the base line of symptoms to any success that is realized from the specified protocol. Confining the penis in the small cylinder makes it possible for the penis to be held as straight as possible in order for it to be remolded and reshaped by repeated cycles.

What you are doing by waiting to see another urologist is waisting valuable time in which you could be at least trying for some results with a VED. In the meantime, please show me any good results that has been posted on this forum by anyone using other methods of treatment. I don't recall seeing a single poster that has shown results any better than VED usage. Maybe they have success and just don't come back on the forum to report it, huh?

The VED does not warrant to anyone 100% results. In fact, from my research of VED usage, even the companies that make them only claim 80 to 90 percent success rates. The other percentages of users do benefit from their therapy even if only to keep healthy erectile tissue.

So, bottom line, before you go off on a tanget about VED usage, check out the facts. If I sound kind of upset about this subject, I am. I spend much time and effort to report only the facts from my experience of many years of Peyronies Disease problems and that of others.  I have worked under the supervision of a board certified urologist in my home town with many Peyronies Disease patients for many years now. For over the past 50 plus years of having this horrible mess much information has passed under the bridge of life for me about what it is and how to "treat" it.

I feel that my experience has qualified me to speak with authority about VED usage for Peyronies Disease as well as ED.

Old Man

Toby

Old Man: I am in the middle of week 13.I posted week 12 but was mistaken. I have been following the posted protocol to the letter. I have not missed one day. I will continue plugging away. Angus I posted earlier that I used to be straight inside the cylinder. I no longer am. Without the cylinder the curve is much greater. C cylinder is the largest, correct? I am straight inside A and B, but not C. The restrictions of A and B do not allow curving. At least not that I can notice. I was wondering if I should just use A and B or stick to the protocol. Ill give it some thought. Thank you guys again for your input . You are a valuable resource.I will keep you guys posted. I hope everybody using ved posts progress reports. They  are very valuable.Hang in there all.

Old Man

Toby:

I would strongly urge you to stick with the prescribed schedule of cylinders with the 26 week protocol. The schedule is so designed to give a regimen of "workout" for one's penis so that varying degrees of vacuum pressure is exerted in the erectile tissue and tunica.

If you have varied from the prescribed cylinders for the week's schedule, you might want to start over from Week 1 of the schedule and use only moderate pressure to prevent overpumping the vacuum. Over pumping and prolonged therapy sessions seems to be a common thing with guys wanting to see results in a hurry. VED therapy is a prolonged process and one must have patience to stick with the course.

I realize that Peyronies Disease can be very upsetting, especially with one in their prime of life. Since my Peyronies Disease struck at an early age, I very well realize the anxiety of anyone that has this horrible mess.

So, just decide if you want to resume the schedule where you are now or start over at week one.  Whatever you decide, be patient and stay with it. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Old Man

wayne999

OldMan:
Sorry if i came off sounding the wrong way, i am just trying to figure out if VED is for me. That's why i want to see if another uro will hint at Peyronies Disease, because from what i understand if it is congenital then the only thing you can do is surgery. Off tangent, you don't perhaps receive some remuneration from the makers of these devices, Oldman, for helping them closely with their designs ??

I am still wondering if improvement of curvature were to occur couldn't that simply be a case of another plaque forming on the opposite side of the shaft...because all you are basically doing is trying to "bend" it back to horizontal?

Old Man

wayne999:

First, let me make one thing (in the words of Richard Nixon) perfectly clear! I am NOT on the payroll of any company NOR do I receive any compensation of any kind for what work is done in trials or testing of VEDs for any company.

What I do is to simply test the demo models for flaws, product deficiencies or any correction that can be made to make the VEDs better for use. These are very few and far between as the current models are simply some of the best ever produced in medical quality.

Sometimes, I do get to keep the demo model for my personal use simply because once they are used, they can no longer be used by others for sanitary reasons.

Now, about your decision to use or not to use a VED for therapy. If what you have is a congenital curve, VED therapy WILL NOT IN MOST CASES be of any benefit in correcting the curvature. As far as I know, surgery is about the only "cure", if you can call it that, for correcting a congenital curve. If in fact you do indeed have Peyronies Disease, then the VED therapy can and will help in most cases.

You should get a definitive answer as to whether or not you have Peyronies Disease before proceeding with any serious VED therapy. VED therapy is a long term treatment and must be approached with patience and not rushed into without considering all the factors. It has been proven to be of benefit to many guys on and off this forum. So make sure you have Peyronies Disease before proceeding, etc.

Old Man

Tim468

Wayne, in answer to your question, there HAS been a tremendous amount of trial and error in chosing a method for use of the VED.

Although the three cylinder program, and the specific schedule are what they are, there is no "rule" that says this is the only way to do things. We debate (seemingly endlessly) here on how long to pump for, and how much pressure to use, and the wisdom of the different cylinders.

I did not find much value in the protocol, but when I ended it, I switched to primary use of the narrow cylinder, for that seemed to do the most to straighten things up.

The main thing is this: there is a treatment that helps many (but not all men) who use it. It is safe if not over used (or pressures are not too high). It is more affordable than many other therapies (for which you will NOT find men here talking about how helpful it has been, like "pills" to enlarge the penis, or enzymes, etc). So why talk about it? Why not just try it?

Tim

spoken as someone who challenged the thought behind all of it for a long time, and then just tried it and found myself better