VED's - Vacuum Erection Devices

Previous topic - Next topic

jsotheby

I have been told repeatedly that I do not have Peyronies Disease, but I suffered some kind of injury that has left me totally impotent and with about 1.25 inches of lost length, if not more.  I have resigned myself to the fact that current therapies are not going to restore potency so will have to wait or use injections or ved.

But I am worried that b/c my fibrosis might be diffuse, it is even unlikely I can restore lost length by using a traction device or ved.  Can anyone shed any light.  Even 1 cm would be a huge help as I went from above average to below and maybe far below not sure.  I am concerned that it is gone forever.

Any input would be greatly appreciated on whether diffuse fibrosis loss of length can even be remedied.  It would make sense that localized plaque could, but maybe not diffuse if there is widespread loss of elastic fibres or whatever.

Thanks.

Old Man

josethby:

Listen to the doctors of course, but do not accept the fact that nothing can be done. There is always some method that could help with your situation. you just to have to find it.

In my case, I had the injections for Peyronies Disease which gave me more symptoms. Prostate surgery gave me urinary incontinence, total impotence due to none nerve sparing surgery (gland too large to save the nerves - weighed about 68 grams) and complications other complications after surgery. My uro and I tried many and various pill, injections and just about all the knows "treatments" to help with my problems. Lost a lot of length too.

Finally, we tried using the VED for erectile dysfunction. My history with it has been posted elsewhere on this forum, so won't repeat it here. But, I will say that the VED exercises have been the only thing that gave me any relief from this horrible mess. So, what I am trying to say is, that you need to at least try the VED. The three cylinder manual model is available from the Fitzz company for a much less price than the same unit if you purchased it from the producer. Go to the Fitzz site and check out the Augusta Vitality OTC manual model price (does not require a prescription so you don't need to ask a doc for one). If you like what you see, then by all means you should try using it for an extended time, you might be surprised at your results.

Good luck to you and keep the faith, something good can and will happen for you!!!

Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

crank

The first observable effect in week 3 is faster erection when using the VED..This is significant in my view..The cardio vascular system responds well to training of any kind in healthy individuals..achieving blood flow quicker,IMO,is a training effect..irrespective of the improvement or lack of improvement in the Peyronies Disease..The body gets the message that blood flow is the desired outcome..and responds..

This makes sense to me...a sedentary person will show some training progress in CV fitness in about 3 weeks...and get in top shape in about 26-52 weeks,depending on intensity of training..So, CV penis-fitness training should be possible too..I am doing a morning and evening session with the VED..

Nutrition and fitness training are my hobby (33 years)

crank

jsotheby

Thanks for the encouragement.  I know I posted before on this subject.  My fear with the ved is overpumping?  I have read reports of some who have experienced the exact same symptoms I have from overpumpbing--  shrinkage, decreased sensation, severe ed, non-detectable fibrosis or some kind of damage to muscle.

I can see how it would be useful if the plaque was localized, but fearful it might not be good in every case for every pathology?

Also, what I don't understand, and this might be a stupid and simplistic question b/c I have no experience with ved, but what is the difference b/w getting an erection that way and pumping the blood in through manual stimulation several times a day?  Isn't it the same thing?

jackp

jsotheby
I relate to where you are. I also lost 1.25 inches from Peronies. That was 1995 and Dr. said nothing I could do.
After becoming totally impotent about 3 years ago and trying shots for ED caused the Corporal Fibrosis.
Implant surgery failed October last year because of corporal fibrosis. That is when I found this site. I had a prescription VED for about a year and hardly used it because I caused an abrasion from over pumping that took some time to heal.
I have been using the VED routine from Old Man since last October and have gained back almost 1/2 inch of size lost. I have not had any trouble with abrasions now that I know how to properly use it.
I hope this helps.
Jackp

jsotheby

Thanks alot.  I'm really nervous about this b/c I fear my tissues might be too messed up to gain any length.  No fibrosis is detectable, that's the thing that makes me thing that maybe it's widespread and there is a loss of fibers or something that will prevent re-growth.  Did you have corporal fibrosis too?

jsotheby

Sorry, you said you had corporal fibrosis too.  Stupid question.

So basically it can restore length even if your tissues are pretty badly damaged?

George999

Remember, it is NATURAL for the body to heal.  Fibrosis is an UNNATURAL response.  There is ALWAYS the possibility for healing to occur.  - George

Tim468

There is a report in the medical literature of a man developing penile fibrosis from using the VED. This is misinterpreted as "it's dangerous" by some urologists. However, this man, intent on penile enlargement, felt that is some was good, more would be better. He used ENORMOUS vacuum pressures, on the order of ten fold greater than what we have suggested here.

The use of the VED at physiologic pressures (by physiologic, I mean pressures that are not vastly greater than what a body can generate itself - i.e. the peak blood pressure might be 200/120 in a hypertensive - we generally do not apply a vacuum greater than minus 200 mm of mercury)(and we release periodically to refresh blood in the chambers).

It has helped more than it has not helped here - something no other recommended treatment here can say, To my knowledge, no one here has reported it causing any harm.

Tim
52, Peyronies Disease for 30 years, upward curve and some new lesions.

Old Man

Note to all:

I echo Tim's post below. There is no natural way that one's penis can stand more pressure than the body itself will produce. In addition, using the VED, as far as I know, cannot produce any additional dimensions over and above what you brought the table by nature. Some guys are endowed with a large penis and other with a small one. You just have to accept that fact and move on with life. I have had women tell me that they would rather die reaching up for it than from backing away. There is a lot of truth in that statement.

So, what I am saying, when using the VED for Peyronies Disease, ED or any other therapy, PLEASE, BUT PLEASE, listen to what is being told on this forum about using too much pressure. And in addition, holding that pressure for too long a period. Pumping up, holding briefly, then releasing the pressure and repeating the cycle will do more toward Peyronies Disease therapy than any other method.

The above is just my considered opinion based on many years of experience personally and with others in using the VED for Peyronies Disease therapy.

Old Man
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

jsotheby

Thanks for the posts.  I would only like to get back the 3cm+ I have lost to be in average range again.

Also, I cannot comprehend what the difference is b/w using a pump and just manually stimulating an erection?  Maybe once I try I will see the difference.  I guess it's just more pressure?  

Old Man

jsotheby:

One of the main differences between hand manipulation and VED pressure is that you cannot pull as much blood flow into the penis with your hand as the pump does. Maybe, just maybe, if you can still get somewhat of a natural erection, you could possibly hand manipulate enough blood flow to do some good. However, I doubt that hand manipulation could ever duplicate the constant steady flow of blood into the corporal chambers as the VED does.

Hand manipulation can and will cause further damage to your penis if you overdo the pulling effect or mashing, etc. So, if you do exercise with that method, just be careful. OTOH, the VED has been demonstrated to be a viable and safe method of therapy for Peyronies Disease if used safely in a moderate regimen.

Old Man

crank

Quote from: jsotheby on June 22, 2008, 12:40:55 PM
Also, I cannot comprehend what the difference is b/w using a pump and just manually stimulating an erection?  Maybe once I try I will see the difference.  I guess it's just more pressure?  

Not more pressure, but a different kind..vacuum pulls blood into the penis with negative pressure ( same as sucking liquid through a straw)..

A natural erection is initiated by the central nervous system (CNS) after arousal..the body delivers blood to the penis...With Peyronies Disease the vascular delivery system is impaired by a host of possible causes unique to the individual biology..manual stimulation will produce the same old impaired natural erection over and over via the impaired delivery system..

The VED erection saturates tissue with blood and oxygen repetitively in a different way..one hopes that new routes for blood delivery will be found by the body in time, but blood and oxygen are healing by nature..the body will do it's best to heal itself with time and persistence.

crank

Tim468

There are several differences beteween a "natural" erection and having external vacuum pressures inflate the penis.

First, you may do "better" if your erections are weaker than they should be.

Second, and far more importantly, is the notion of applying forces to the tissue to stretch it out. Multiple times we have discussed this here - the main issue is that when a longitudinal force is applied to the penis it stretches out the short side with more force than it stretched out the long side. To get this effect, however, the penis needs to be in a narrow cylinder - or it will just curve the way it now curves within the large cylinder.

The key is using the cylinder that is slightly narrower than your natural diameter of the penis. By doing this, the head (which inflates as well) forms a seal at the end of the tube that is then pulled away from the body. This exerts a longitudinal stretch on the penis, and that is - again - transmitted to the shorter side greater than to the long side.

To "get it" about this - simply take two rubber bands of different length and size and pull them until they are both just taut. It will become immediately apparent that the shorter rubber band is being pulled much more than the longer one is being pulled. This will - over time - lengthen the shorter side.

This is a really simple and yet powerful concept to get about the difference between the VED and a regular erection. If it were simply a matter of getting blood into the penis, then there would be no difference (except to men unable to get a spontaneous erection).

May I make a periodic plug for folks to read the "Child Boards" also known as the "Newly Diagnosed Highlights" right at the top of the opening page to get caught up on the operating assumptions that many of us make here!

Tim

Old Man

jackisback

The 26 week protocols are listed in the Child Boards link just below the Main Forum link on the home page of the forum, not where I stated in my last PM to you. It is the second thread down on the main topic for the highlights section for VED, etc.

Old Man

jsotheby

Thanks.

Have any of you guys who use the therapy seen improvement in the area of ED.  That is, any return of spontaneous function, longer lasting erections w/o device, etc.?  

Iceman

approaching end week 2 - there seems to be a bit of improvement - but i am not sure - sometimes after pumping theres a bit of pain....

jackp

Iceman
Watch the pressure. Do not over pump to the point of pain this will only lead to more trouble, been there done that.
More is not better when it comes to vacuum pressure. Sometimes it is a fine line to find the right pressure.
Jackp

crank

Iceman..

I'm on day 28..my comfort level is 100-120mm...no pain and no gain..I started at a conservative 80mm and slowly increased that..

Curious about how much N.P..you are pumping to get a bit of pain..I saw Tim's post about 200mm and that is too much for me, for sure..
Maybe later on..

crank

Iceman

oldman - help!!

I can seem to get any suction when using cylinder b, nothing happens the penis just move ever so slightly but its nothing like cylinder c ( the smallest one - and Im average size).... when i tried the largest cylinder there was absolutely nothing - is this meant to be like this - i mean the larger the cylinder the less 'pull' so to speak - should I just use the smallest cylinder??

Thx

seaside2

I had a similar problem. Solved it by making sure that adequate lubricant was at every joint between the cylinder and the rubber ring. Also use a small amount on the o ring where the pump and cylinder meet. Apparently it does not take much of an air leak to cause a problem. BTW, I am using the Augusta OTC unit from Fitzz, if that helps correlate.

Old Man

Iceman:

If you are using the three cylinder purchased VED follow what seaside2 says below in his post. Any leak will not allow you to pump up pressure. So make sure that you use plenty of lube and you might need to shave off enough of the pubic hair around the base of you penis to allow for a better seal.

Just keep working different things until you find out what is causing the problem. The three cylinder models from Augusta nest inside each other and when it is time to use the medium cylinder (B on the protocol) you need to use enough lube around the mouth of the cylinder to develop a good seal.

Hope this helps, but if not, just let me know.

Old Man

Toby

Hi guys, I have been using a new 3 cylinder model ved from August Medical . I am having much better luck than with the Osbon model single cylinder. Thanks for all the info. I also have begun using the 26 week protocol listed here just this week. One problem I did notice. When using the A cylinder I have noticed a raised welt around the circumference of my penis that corresponds with the gap in the inserts. It is about a half inch from my  body and matches perfectly with the small gap between the insert and A cylinder. It goes away shortly after use and is not painful. Has any one else noticed this?

Old Man

Toby:

Yes, this has been a problem with sizing inserts for the old Soma Correct model VEDs that were taken off the market. The newer Somaerect sizing inserts were redesigned to take care of the problem you are having. The new insert was made longer to close up the gap you see when all three cylinders are nested, etc. and should not cause any problem like you are having.

If you bought your VED directly from Augusta Medical Systems, call their 800 number and talk to a technician about your problem. There may be a solution for it. If you did not get through that company, try talking to the company you where purchased it.

Now, as a suggestion, you might be using too much pressure or exercising for too long a period when using the small A cylinder. You should only use enough pressure to help pull your shaft as far out into the cylinder as possible without overdoing it. Also, don't hold the pressure for each pumping cycle too long, 10 seconds is enough. Since you say you are not experiencing any pain or discomfort does not mean that you are not using too much vacuum pressure. Your penis may stand a lot more pressure than you realize, so be careful not to pump too high a pressure. Caution is the watchword in using the VED exercises. Better to be safe than sorry.

Hope the above helps.

Old Man

kinoast

Old Man et all...

I've been reading the boards for the last year--lurking if you will--and want to take a moment to say "thanks" for all the info/reassurance/camaraderie and to ask a few questions.

First:  I was self-diagnosed Peyronies a couple years back (I'm 36 yo) after I noted that my congenital curve was getting much worse and I was noticing that I'd lost girth on my left side--as well as having experienced some pain in that area after sex.  I never had one inciting incident that caused it all, but I did see a urologist at UCLA medical who said basically there was nothing I could do,  I didn't have any evidence of plaque, but if I could still have sex, I was fine (we've all heard that one, apparently).  Granted there are those who have it much worse than I do, but I'd like to prevent any further curvature (I'm about 25-30 percent to the left) and also to restore the indentation that has increased in the middle of my unit, along the left side.

I've been mostly following a haphazard supplement therapy.  First vitamin e and L-Arginine.  Now ALC and L-arginine.  A month ago I think I might have re-injured myself, and I started taking some ibuprofen and gotu kola, which is supposed to have natural anti-inflammatory properties.

All this led me to reacquainting myself with the 'boards and discovering this thread.  I'm really excited about the possibility of restoring my natural girth and a bit of length I think I've lost in all this.  It's worth a shot anyway.

Now the question.  Forgive me if this has been brought up previously, but I'm a little surprised that in the discussion of the three cylinder VED therapy, there's no consideration given (as far as the cylinder sizes go) as to the varying width of individual penises.  Peni?  Frankly, I'm on the smaller size (yep, sucks to have that *and* Peyronies, but I've got a sense of humor about it--as my dad used to say, "if I wasn't laughing, I'd be crying") and am concerned about ordering the Fitzz VED unit that's been spoken about on the board (is this the one?)

http://tinyurl.com/5hz3sr

...and having it not work well or correctly.

I'd appreciate your thoughts, Old Man and anyone else who wants to weigh in.  I'm guessing that we're not all the same length and girth here.

And thanks again, for everyone's questions and answers.  They help inspire a good bit of confidence at the end of the day.  Much obliged.

Cheers,

Damian

Tim468

I dealt with that problem of differences by getting my own cylinders. Here is the variety from where I got em:

1¾ x 8", 1½ x 9",  1¾ x 9",  2 x 9", 2¼ x 9",  2½ x 9", 3 x 9"

At the site below is an image. Not sure why, but they also carry 12 inch long cylinders... talk about depressing...

They also recommend the following choices by circumference:

Penis Circumference,   then order Cylinder Diameter

5 1/2"                              1.75"
6 1/4"                              2"
7"                                   2.25"
7 7/8"                             2.5"

They recommend rounding up if you fall between. I'd recommend rounding down to get a snug fit for the "small" (or "A") cylinder.

Tim

http://www.stockroom.com/pumps.htm

Old Man

kinoast:

I could not get the link you had in your post to work for me. The three cylinder VED that we are talking about in previous posts is a unit made by the Augusta Medical Systems. It is their Vitality OTC manual or battery powered VED with the three cylinders and does not require an RX to obtain. It can be purchased from the Fitzz company. Their web site is posted earlier in this topic.  For the summer months they are offering it at a sale price of $229.99 with free shipping I think.

Since you state that you are on the small size, you should have no problem with the smallest cylinder provided in the package. The 26 week suggested protocol for Peyronies Disease is posted in the Child Boards section on the home page of the main forum.

I am sure you will have a lot questions that may come to mind if and when you get your VED. So, feel free to ask any and all either before or after you purchase the unit. As Tim 468 states, if you are handy with tools and have the desire, you can make your own unit. However, this would require that you make three separate cylinder assys. that would work with the one pump, etc. There are several that have made their own units and have had no problem with them.

Good luck to you and let us know if there is any way we can assist you, etc.

Old Man

Old Man

Note to all:

I have been asked many times lately about the web address of the Fitzz company that sells the Vitality OTC VED.

It is:    www.fitzz.com

This brings up the home page. The VEDs are listed under the heading of sexual health in the left margin of links on that page.

Old Man

PS: Their web site seems to be under revision at the moment. In the meantime, you can contact them by this phone number:   1+888-813-3621 if you cannot get them on line.

Old Man

kinoast:

I finally was able to get the web site you listed in your post. It brought up the Fitzz page with the Vitality OTC VED unit. That is the VED that is talked about on this forum. The price is $229.99 with free shipping s noted in their web ad.

Old Man

crank

Kinoast:

I was glad I decided to make my own cylinders...I could not seal the 1.50" i.d. cylinder that I made first (old shrunken willy)..I then made a 1.25" i.d. cylinder and I get a good seal...Tim and Old Man talk about sealing the head a lot...pulls and stretches the rod..

I've made 6 cylinders out of PVC and acrylic tubing..they are not hard to make..I use a manual pump..

Good luck,

crank

P.S. At the swimming hole when I was a kid, we called the guys with the big ones, "bankwalkers"..glad to hear that you are approaching this with your sense of humor intact...We might as well... ;D

Tim468

The VED clyinders I have purchased all came with a coupling attachment and I bought one pump. Although I consider myself quite handy in the workshop, I did not assmebly or work at all to put together a customized (and considerably cheaper) setup.

Tim

kinoast

Thanks everyone for the info and advice.  Sorry about the link problems... I used the "tinyURL" site to compact the lengthy URL.  Might have set it down incorrectly.  I know we're all talking about the same model.

http://www.fitzz.com/Vitality-Plus-Three-Cylinder-Vacuum-Therapy-Treatment-System--Recommended-for-Peyronies-Therapy_p_503-1983.html#

I guess I should consider making my own cylinders.  I'm handy, but lazy and am considering just ordering this model and seeing how it goes.  If I have to, I could add my own cylinders.

I need to study the 26 week program a little more to understand the mechanics of what is going on, but my questions remains, would the larger cylinders be effective for a guy of smaller size?

Thanks.

Old Man

kinoast:

The three cylinder VED usage protocol is designed to give an overall therapy program for Peyronies Disease. Yes, you must use the larger cylinders in the program to realize the most benefit from the regimen.

The protocol is posted in a topic in the Child Boards section on the home page. If you have any questions about the protocol, just ask and there will be an answer for you. There are two different protocols: one for those using the purchased three cylinder models like the Vitality OTC unit and one for those making their own three separate cylinder model VEDs. Each has notes that should be studied to help with determing whether or not they would want to make their VEDs or purchase one already made.

The bought three cylinder models have cylinders that nest inside each other and takes on a different approach to the therapy than the one separate cylinder model VEDs.

Hope the above explains a bit more for you. If you have any further questions, just ask.

Old Man

Iceman

old man,

hi there...

1) what is the theory behind the usage of the VED - how is it meant to improve Peyronies Disease and straighten the curve out?

2) I have been going through the threads on VED and there is not too much evidence there or testimonials for the use of VED - are the studies on the use of VED and its effectiveness in improving Peyronies Disease?

thx

Old Man

Iceman:

No, as far as I know, there are no published studies on the efficacy of VED therapy for Peyronies Disease. In fact, there few, if any, on the effectiveness of ED either. There is/was a study going on in Birmingham, by a urology group there using the three cylinder model VED. To my knowledge, they have not published the results of this study. There were around 1,000 guys using the 26 week protocol for the three cylinder model.

I have emailed the manager of the study on at least 4 occasions but to date have not received an answer. Why the study has not been published remains a mystery. My personal uro who was instrumental in my VED therapy is aware of the study, but she has not received any information about it either.

As far as the forum is concerned, there are a few documented cases that have been posted by members here. I can name one about three or four, but for the most part those receiving good results just come back and post their stories.

So, bottom line fellows, since the question has been raised, why don't those having received good results please come back on line and post what happened for you!

Now about the theory behind VED usage.Many years ago Dr. Geddings Osbon (who apparently had Peyronies Disease) developed the early model of a VED. Results of that model prompted him to revise it and add new features that were learned from experience. There were several models made by his company over the years and most guys who used it for ED as well as Peyronies Disease showed promise toward helping with their symptoms. Later, he retired, sold the company and it changed hands several times and is now owned by the Timm division of Endocare, Inc. They produce the Osbon Esteem model now. The main theory about VED usage is to help with better blood flow into the penis in order to keep it healthy. Also, the constant daily stretching of the plaque/nodules and other symptoms including curvature is a positive side effect of the therapy. IOW,the constant daily stretching of the penile shaft could, in most cases, help straighten the curvature.

The above are just my opinions based on many years of VED usage myself and that of others that I have worked with during that time. I still work with my personal uro with patients who want and need help with their ED and Peyronies Disease problems. There have been quite a number of those guys who saw great benefit from their VED usage.

Hope this helps, Old Man

Iceman

Oldman - you said: 'Also, the constant daily stretching of the plaque/nodules and other symptoms including curvature is a side effect of the therapy.'

what does this mean - i couldnt really follow it in your last thread.

thx

Old Man

Iceman:

Wow, I can see why you misread my statement about side effects. I was trying to relate that correcting the curvature was a "good side effect" of the VED therapy. IOW, the constant daily stretching of the penile shaft could, in most cases, help with straightening the curvature.

Suppose that I had best re-read my post before hitting the send button. I will modify the post to relate what I should have said.

Old Man

kinoast

Hey all...

Just wanted to give an update.  I received my pump and three cylinder system from Fitzz today and just tried it out with a little "mini" session.  Used the smallest cylinder, nested within the larger two as directed.  Had a little problem with a bit of scrotum trying to get into the tube, but the suggestions from previous posts helped in this and I got the hang of it.  The whole process was *much* easier than I'd thought it would be and I'm starting off gently--easing into the program, if you will.  I might end up making a slightly smaller (1.25") A cylinder as I'm not sure I'm getting the right amount of snugness and upward pull on my penis with the supplied 1.5" (eh, such is life).

One question:  I've noted that some guys mentioned doing this after a shower.  Is there any advantage to literally warming up the penis tissue with a regular shower before doing this?  I'd like to do what would be best for the ol' soldier, but taking a shower after and washing off the gunk would be a lot easier.  Just curious.

Thanks for all the advice and help.  Feels good to be doing something.  

Tim468

Kinoast,

Some of (me included) think that there is an advantage to being warmed up first. Similarly, most guys who do "penis enlargement" exercises feel that it works better when they are warmed up first. I personally do my VED session in a shallow, warm bath every night. Deep enough to soak in and then shallow enough to lift out of to soap up and get a good seal in.

Tim

aerosick

Quote from: Tim468 on July 11, 2008, 01:17:20 PM
Kinoast,

Some of (me included) think that there is an advantage to being warmed up first. Similarly, most guys who do "penis enlargement" exercises feel that it works better when they are warmed up first. I personally do my VED session in a shallow, warm bath every night. Deep enough to soak in and then shallow enough to lift out of to soap up and get a good seal in.

Tim

Tim,

Are you following the 26-Week Protocol Program with 3 tubes? If so, where are you in the Treatment now?

https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,697.msg14684.html#msg14684

Billy

Tim468

I am past that. I now do the narrowest tube nightly and the middle sized tube weekly in a maintenance schedule.

Tim

Iceman

OLDMAN - Just saw my Uro who said a couple of interesting things regarding the use of the VED. He said that as long as I was getting strong nocturnal erections and that if these were OK then I was  healthy and that the usage of a VED was a COMPLETE waste of time and effort as enough fresh blood was getting pumped into my penis with these nocturnals - can you help me as Ive been following your guidance for the past 6 months - also he was very sceptical about this forum and the people who claim to be promoing te usage of VED; implying that they were sales reps for these devices.........

He also said that in no way would the usage of a ved straighten any curvature---he said it was impossible..

he also totally trashed ALC and Larg...........

let me know

many thx

Tim468

He sounds pretty open-minded, Iceman!

Now I have to go to the bank to salt away my millions I am making selling VED's on the internet.

I love it when people have opinions about things they know nothing about. It would seem that he has not been here, or he would not think we are selling stuff (Note to Angus - stop telling guys to make their own VEDs to save money!!).

Since there is sparse literature about remodeling of tissue - especially tunica that is scarred - he has every right to be skeptical. He is trying to do you a favor to send you away from places that would entice you to spend money that will not help. That is not a bad thing - and God knows that most of what we discuss here to help each other fails!

Levine recently published his preliminary report on the value of traction devices to help straighten a bent penis. There is not yet any published data on the use of the VED. But of all the "useless" things we have tried here, the VED seems to have helped most of us somewhat. It helped me to the tune of better erections and gaining back about 10 degrees of curvature.

Hang in there, Iceman!

Tim

aerosick

UPDATE:

I still don't really believe that I have Peyronie's, but maybe I'm in denial! I don't have plaque that can be felt, I just have the last 1-1/2" that just hangs slightly down. On the bottom side, the 2 bulbourethal ducts were hard and I had almost no stretch of my penis. It stayed tight like there was no elasticity.

After a few weeks of applying Vitamin E oil and taking Vitamin E, I bought a VED last week. I got the single tube and started with that. My wife got enthused with this and built a splint from cardboard for my penis to slide on to help keep it straight in the tube. 1 week is a very short time to trace, but my penis is more awake now, stretches easier and the sex is doable now.

I would end this with "More to come", but that's not a very funny pun, ha!

Billy

Old Man

Iceman:

I echo Dr. Tim's comment with a vivid purple passion!!! I know that you have to trust some one when it comes to the most prized possession your body owns. However, at this point, I do think that your doctor just does not know what the VED therapy can and will do for one's worst nightmare, Peyronies Disease.

Many decades of therapy, pills and other treatments, with no success and the VED almost completely ridded me of the symptoms, I can vouch for the VED 100%. Other can too. As for the selling of VEDs, like Dr. Tim said, we all are "making millions off our sales. Nothing further from the truth, we only have a desire to help other pour souls with this mess.

So, my recommendation to you is this: continue on with the VED therapy using moderate pressures and caution about overpumping and do this on a daily schedule per the protocol. Let us know if you need help in any manner.

Dr. Tim:  Thanks for your support of the VED therapy and what I call defending the application of it for Peyronies Disease therapy. We on this forum know that it can and will help in most cases of Peyronies Disease.

Regards to both of you, Old Man

Old Man

aerosick:

I would like to caution you about using other items while using the VED. The cardboard item should not cause a problem, but it could, so be extremely careful with it if you wish to continue using it. It is strongly recommended that you do not use this item, but substitute lubricant to help get your penis to go into the cylinder easily.

The single cylinder VED requires more attention to use than the three cylinder models. So, be sure that you use plenty of lube on your penis and inside the cylinder.

If you have any questions about using the single cylinder, please let the forum know and some of us can supply help to you.

Regards, Old Man

aerosick

Old Man,

Thanks for your advice. One thing I forgot to mention is that my urination stream is almost back up to where it used to be. It seems to have opened me up a bit. Also, I had my prostrate checked by my Urologist this month and he found nothing awry.

Billy

Iceman

thx oldman - i will keep up the 26 protocol and let you know the progress- i am on week 5 now and there is really no visible change to speak of - my uro is one of the best and its really odd how we on the forum conflict with the  so called knowledgeable uros that we pay good money for -

hopefully i can report positively on the ved usage as time passes

Old Man

Iceman:

We on this forum are posting about our experience where it is firsthand, not from some textbook which may or may not be up to date. As Peyronies Disease has been known around the world since the 1700s and no definitive solution has been found does not help us at all. We are mostly left to fend for ourselves.

Not to know doctors, but they just don't seem to get it when it comes to Peyronies Disease and its devastation. The only ones that I know who are understanding about this mess are the ones who have it themselves. It is surprising that sometimes, I encounter my personal docs who have it and when they find out that I have had it, they ask all kinds of questions. It gives my an opportunity to help even doctors, some in urology.

So keep up the VED exercises and the forum posted on your progress, good or bad.

Old Man

seaside2

I've been on the VED program now for about four weeks. An interesting "side effect" is that now my urine stream is more viable. Previously, I was taking two Flomax tablets per day, with some fairly significant side effect in reduced semen flow. I am now down to 1/day on some days. It appears as though the VED has helped in this area. :)

Also, I am already seeing some straightening of the penis. ;D