VED's - Vacuum Erection Devices

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Man

Crank:

Nope, you do not alternate between the cylinders A, B, and C for the first two weeks. You use all three at the same time for each week's therapy schedule. (DO NOT USE ONLY ONE CYLINDER AT A TIME DURING THIS PERIOD.)

Also, as you go down the weekly schedule, use the exact cylinder(s) indicated for each week. The schedule lists the exact cylinder(s) to be used for each weekly period. Angus and I may revise the schedule to clearly state which cylinder(s) are to be used during each period. The schedule as shown on the Spivey web site is even more vague so I reworked it and Angus added it to the VED topic in the Child Boards.

If you want to, you can shoot me a PM with any questions you have about using the VED. I usually try include all the information I can on the main forum so that others can get the benefit of answers to questions about VED usage.

Good luck and happy pumping!!!! Just use low pressure, but do the exercises on a daily basis for best results.

Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

crank

Old Man..

I think we're saying the same thing in a different way, but I want to clarify my current schedule to make sure it's right, so here's what I'm doing..

Monday - A
Tuesday-B
Wednesday- C
Thursday.A
Friday-B
Sat.-C
Sun -A
and so on, for 2 weeks...is this correct ?

Thanks,

crank

Angus

Old Man lets get together and come up with a revision for the wording. What we've got to keep in mind is that for those of us that have made our own VED's consisting of separate tubes that don't nest together but are used separately, the cylinder A, B and C nomenclature can be confusing at best. I have some ideas and we'll discuss it....   Angus

crank

Hi Angus..

I should have mentioned that my A cylinder is 1.25" i.d., My B cylinder is 1.50" i.d., and my C cylinder is 2.00" i.d...I do use these separately..on the schedule I mentioned in my previous post..The nested cylinders must be different..

I think I'm doing it correctly by alternating on consecutive days, but not yet sure..

Any clarification would by helpful..

Thanks,

crank

Old Man

Crank:

I forgot that you were using three separate cylinders instead of the nested type from the purchased VEDs. You are right that A=small, B=medium and C=large.

You are incorrect about using three different sizes on consecutive days as you mentioned. Since you are using three separate cylinders that do not nest together your schedule will be different than the nested type VEDs.

Here is what you do: Where the schedule shows the A cylinder as the first number in the week's schedule you would use the A small cylinder every day for the entire week(s). Then where B cylinder is the first number in the week's schedule you would use the B medium cylinder every day for the entire week. And, so on down the weekly schedule.

I know it sounds confusing, but you do use the same cylinder whatever size is shown for each weekly schedule every day of that week. Again, you do not alternate in the sizes by the day, just by the week shown.

Let me know if this clears up your question.

Angus:

Shoot me a PM with your ideas or email them to me (you have my email address). We can put some wording together to change the modified Spivey schedule or work up an entire new schedule for those using three separate "home made" VEDs as they do not nest together like the Soma unit does.

Old Man
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

crank

Hey Old Man..

Now I've got it...Many thanks for posting the clarification..I was doing it wrong..Actually the first cylinder mentioned in the new protocol puts me back to the Spivey protocol when I compare them..1 cylinder per week ..

The new revised protocol could be confusing..at one time I was thinking A-B-C for the first 2 weeks must mean 3 sessions per day of 10 minutes..but I don't know how the nested VEDs work..

As far as my ideas to assist you and Angus, I don't have any..I barely know what I'm doing as a newbie..With you guy's help, I will get it figured right...You've been a great help to this point..both you and Angus, and I very much appreciate it.. ;D

Sorry to be such a bonehead with all the questions..

Regards,

crank

Old Man

crank:

Yep, you have it now. Good Luck!!!!

Old Man

terryd

Hi im new to this' been reading this forum for a wail best iv found.Well here goes"Iv had Peyronies Disease 6 years never had pain or any bumps in my stick to this day just the upwards bend 45 degree and shorting.Made ved and found 26 week program on my 2nd week.Is this the program i should be on.  Thank you

Old Man

terryd:

Sounds like you are on the right track with the VED therapy. The 26 week course if a very good one. However, we need; to know more about the VED you made to help with any questions you may have.

The 26 week course is primarily designed for a VED that has three cylinders. The schedule lists those cylinders to be used during any particular week of the course. Since you apparently are using only one cylinder you will need to use a modified version of the schedule. You can do exercises with one cylinder, but the three cylinder units are much better.

Several guys on the form have made their own and have made three different size cylinders based on the size of the Somaerect cylinder sizes. You might want to consider making three cylinders on that pattern also.

Let us know if there is anything that we can help you with on the VED regimen.

Old Man

terryd

I made 3 cylinder.Started with 1.5 1.75 2.25 then i read on here start with 1.25 1.75 2.00 so i stared over with 1.25  very very tit can get in with help of pump.Any addvise is appr.Love to have old love life back.Thank you old man

crank

Quote from: terryd on June 06, 2008, 04:49:12 PM
I made 3 cylinder.Started with 1.5 1.75 2.25 then i read on here start with 1.25 1.75 2.00 so i stared over with 1.25  very very tit can get in with help of pump.Any addvise is appr.Love to have old love life back.Thank you old man

Hey terryd...

You and I are at the same point..week 2 on the small cylinder...sounds like you are a handy guy...would you mind posting up how you built your cylinders ?? materials, etc..? I'm thinking you are ahead of me on building these things... ;D

Thanks man,

crank

Old Man

terryd:

The Somaerect cylinders measure as follows: A=small, slightly under 1.5 inches, B=medium 1.75 inches, and C=large 2.00 inches.

The 1.25 was incorrect on my part simply quoting from memory (which seems to fail me lately!!! <><> Must be old age!!)

Anyway, if you use the 1.25 cylinder, be extremely careful not to cause any irritation of your penile skin, etc. As I have said many times on the forum, be extremely careful and not overpump the vacuum.

Yes, as you said, a slight pull with vacuum will pull the penis shaft into the cylinder, just go slow!

Old Man

terryd

Well i had every thing laying around the shop.My small cylinder is made out of an extintion from the drain off off bath room drain which is 1.5/16 id kichen drain is bigger"glued cap on got plastic thread nipel glued it on got brake bleeder pump with gage other cylinders used different size pvc with end caps with nipels glued to the end.Every thing new. My only money was a new pump $14.00.Every thing works fine.You cant see but you can fill Watts going on in side the tube.I dont pump over 3 or 4 hg. ???

Old Man

terryd:

Sounds great. If you should decide that you want to get a clear tube, there are available at good prices in some home improvement centers. It may be some of the semi flexible type, but they will work equally well if the size is right.

The thing to remember about pumping the vacuum pressure is not what the gauge shows, but what the pressure feels like to your penis. If you sense any pain or discomfort, relax the pressure and reduce the amount you pump. Some pumps do have the capability of going to very high pressures.

So, bottom line, pump slowly and with less pressure, at least until your "tool" gets used to the higher pressures. But, keep in mind that Peyronies Disease probably came on slowly and it will go away the same way. So, be patient and maintain a daily schedule of exercises.

Good luck to you, and happy pumping!!!!

Old Man

crank

Hey terryd...

Clever approach on your VED construction...One question..A brake system bleeder pump..would never have thought  of that..Where did you purchase that pump ??O'Riely's or one of the auto parts houses ?? Would like to get me one..and $14 seems like a good buy..I paid $30 at a Science Education store..

Thanks for the info.. ;D

crank

terryd

old man you are right  my pump goes to 30 gu 3or4 is comfortable 5 or more not so comfortable.  Crank got pump at harbor freight.  

crank

Quote from: terryd on June 08, 2008, 01:24:24 PM
 Crank got pump at harbor freight.

Thanks terryd...I'm on my way to get me one.. ;D

crank

Iceman

can we start a success stories area for VED??

Tim468

I passed on the brake bleeding pumps because they looked a bit "off" to me - hard to explain - but not good enough.

Also, I wanted a good coupling connection and they had a sort of funky cone shaped end.

I think that having a translucent tube is important, for it allows you to see how long into the tube you are (to measure progress) and to judge if the color is off. The visual feedback seems important to me - or at least I use the visual feedback. I started with one purchased good quality cylinder and now have four.

Tim
52, Peyronies Disease for 30 years, upward curve and some new lesions.

terryd

Tim bleeder pump is pour mans VED its got release triger and works well all connection work fine.Clear tubs would be good but i just havent found any free ones yeat but still looking. :o

crank

Hey terryd..

I had to get a raincheck on my pump at HF..sold out..must be the VED guys buying them up..

Did make a 1.50" i.d. cylinder though..found a local source for acrylic tubing..they cut me a 8" piece for $!0.06 and the Weldon #16 glue costs $3.15..It welds acrylic tubing to PVC..Ace pipe cap 1.50" $1.49 and 1.25" barb each end tubing connector is $1.79..I drilled a 5/16" hole in the cap and glued the tubing connector..I can get the tubing in any size I need ...

Worked great...Cost $17.52 ...I'm not exactly poor, but I am exactly CHEAP... ;D

crank

Old Man

Crank:

Sounds like you are good as a Mr. Fixit. It shows what a person can do if they set mind to going something.

I am sure that your "made" VED will work just as well as the bought models, and with a great savings. Unfortunately, some of the guys are not good with tools and won't be able to make their own units though.

Thanks for posting your latest creation. If you would, assemble all the items you used into a post and let others know what can be done in making their own VED. Some guys have done so in the past and it helped a lot of men who needed the use of a VED. Specify what materials you used, where you bought them and how you assembled them into your finished products.

Old Man

crank

Hi Old Man..

Regarding your suggestion to post up the technique for making VED cylinders..I posted the PVC technique on post #1385 using parts from Ace Hdw..the cost of those is about $6.00 each..they are not transparent, but will get one started..

The clear acrylic cylinder technique is on post #1420 and is easy to make at aout $18.00 including special glue..Acrylic tubing should be easy to locate in any larger city..and caps and connectors may be purchased at Ace Hdw..

I think anybody should be able to make these things, and they should work as well as the puchased VEDs..

I'm set,for now, and appreciate all your help.. ;D...Angus too..his suggestions were very helpful..

crank

terryd

Crank   bigest clear tubing i have found is 1.1/8 must be looking in wrong place.Were did you find yours?What type of place was it? By the way the pump i got was #38053-5vga norm price $33 i got on sale a littel over $14  terryd

crank

Hey terryd..

I looked in Plastics in the yellow pages and found ad that said plastic tubing...they manufacture..I got a hit on the first company I called..all sizes in acrylic..I'm gonna make a 1.75" i.d. within 2 weeks...it will be my medium cylinder..they charged me $6.00 to make the cut of 8" from a 6 foot length..I didn't want it all...I don't have a chop saw..I think the 6' lengths are about $24.00..
somebody on here that is enterprising could chop 9 lengths and sell the rest for $10 each..not me..I'm too busy in retirement..Ha!  ;D

Hope you can find some..I think my raincheck is for that same pump..it was on sale for $18.99 and sold out...I don't like the pressure release on my pump..it's kindof slow..so, I'll get me one of those..thanks for the lead..

crank  

Old Man

Crank and Terryd:

Word of caution for you two in making your own VEDs. You do need a quick release for the vacuum pressure on your pumps. Slow release will not allow you to do some of the advanced exercises that are possible with the three cylinders you are making.

Old Man

Iceman

old man - just got my new VED from the states deliversed - any final advice before I use it tonight for the first time and whats the best regime you recommend??

cheers

Old Man

Iceman:

First of all, do not try to use it right away for sex. You should practice using it for a day or two before starting out on a regular scheduled basis. Follow the instructions that came with it, if any, and above all do not pump too much pressure at any time.

Use extreme caution and follow the 26 week protocol posted in the Child Boards section that appears on the home page. You should have read all those posts by now and know some of the pitfalls others have run into, especially those written by me and Angus.

Old Man

Iceman

thx old man - will keep you posted
btw - pain has really decreased lately - i honestly feel its the ALC and Arginine and Aloe Vera combination

crank

Hey Sweeper..

I know how you feel...Getting on here takes the mystery out of Peyronies Disease..the advisors will give you some good ideas on taking some action, and action is better than worrying about it and getting all depressed..

When mine turned North, I broke out in shingles from the stress..I found the Society and spent 5 hours reading the child's board..Now I do the VED therapy,daily, and hope it helps in the future..

Good luck to you, ;D

crank  

Angus

The 26 Week Protocol for VED therapy for Peyronies disease has been revised. Two separate protocol applications have been created. The actual week-to-week therapy and tube size is the same for both; only the grammar is different in each instance to clarify instructions for each type of VED.
   PROTOCOL FOR 3 SEPARATE VED'S 26 WEEK is easier to understand for those using three separate VED's... small, medium and large. This would apply to purchased units or home made VED's.
   PROTOCOL FOR 3 CYLINDER MEDICAL VED'S, 26 WEEK is easier to understand for those using purchased MEDICAL VED's, specifically those designed with three cylinders of different sizes that are inserted into one another to change the inside diameter.

Each Protocol is in it's own TOPIC in the Child Boards. The Child Boards link is found directly below Peyronies Disease Discussion Forum. Here is a direct link:

https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/board,18.0.html

Having two different applications of the 26 week therapy, each specific to TYPE of VED being used, should make the therapy easier to understand. BOTH of the therapies in the Child Boards are exactly the same; each one, however, has grammar specific to the type of VED being used. The therapies are new topics at the top of the Child Boards page and will eliminate the need to go to the Highlights of VED thread to scroll down and try to find them. The protocol entry in the Child Boards VED topic has been deleted to avoid confusion.
   Thanks to Old Man for advice and encouragement on this project. Since day one he has been my first line of defense concerning VED's and Peyronies Disease. We hope these entries will make the protocols easier to find and answer lots of questions about VED therapy.
   And thank all of you for your input on your experiences with VED use. This board is input driven so keep posting your results, thoughts and questions.
   As always, if you have any questions about the Protocol, just ask!

Iceman

oldman:

tried the VED last night for the first time and I have a couple of questions:

1) Im following your 26week program and using the small cylinder first - bur as it automatically pumps my penis doesnt go to full erection - it gets sort of squashed on the sides and pulls forward - is this Ok
2) if it doesnt get erect how long should I keep the vacuum pumping?
3) i can t seem to get a secure air lock vacuum - any  suggestions??
4) should I do this for 10 min in the morning and 10 min at night??

Cheers

Old Man

Iceman:

OK, sounds like that you have a three cylinder VED where they nest together, etc. Check out the new revised protocol on the Child Boards. Angus has posted two separate protocols one for those using three separate cylinder units and one for those using the combined or nested three cylinder units. So follow whichever protocol matches your VED model/style.

Anyway, to answer your questions:
1. The small cylinder is designed small on purpose to keep the penis sort of squashed into it so that it is pulled forward in the cylinder to keep it very straight and tight to help with curves and/or plaque. This is OK as long as you do not overpump the vacuum to cause pain or discomfort (mild discomfort if OK if you don't go overboard with it.)

2. You don't necessarily want to get an erection as this could preclude you getting enough pressure to pull your penis out as much as possible in the small cylinder. You want to get as much forward pull in the small cylinder as possible. You should stop pumping when you feel that you are beginning to feel uncomfortable, so be careful with the pressure while pumping. 10 minutes is what the protocol calls for, but you can vary this time according to what your personal schedule will allow but do not exceed 20 minutes or so for one session per day. (20 minutes is the max time that I found to be the best overall.) See comments in 4 below.

3. Getting a good tight seal is a problem for some guys. You need to use enough of water soluble lubricant to allow for a slick surface so that the penis slides easily into and out of the cylinder. This also helps with the seal. You need to do the trial and error system of getting a good seal. It takes a little practice so be patient and experiment with different approaches as you practice with it. I found that using lube around the sizing insert and on the end of the cylinder where it fits against the body works best. Lubricate your penis and inside the cylinder well too. You might need to shave off enough of the pubic hair around the base of your penis to preclude the hair from interfering with the seal. (If you do this, you will need to do this on a regular basis to obtain the best seal. I have done this since starting to use the VED 13 years ago.)

4. Only one session per day is usually enough for therapy, however, you can do two sessions per day if you do not over extend the time for each. If you use two sessions a day, limit the time to about 10 minutes in the a.m. and 10 in the p.m. One session per day should be determined on your personal feeling so that you do not cause any irritation or trauma to your penis. Overpumping the pressure and holding the high pressure too long before releasing it can and will cause more trauma, so again, use good judgment in the time of holding the pressure for each cycle of the protocol and the amount of vacuum.

Hope the above helps clear up things for you. If you need anything else, just let me know. Best to you and happy pumping!!!

Old Man

Iceman

thx oldman for your time and effort in these responses - very much appreciated..

crank

Hi angus..

Thank you and Old Man for working up the new protocols for VED therapy...I think the new instructions are very clear and easy to understand.. ;D

Have a good weekend..

crank

Old Man

crank:

No problem, that is what we do, try out best to help others all we can. Just keep up the therapy and something good will happen for you soon.

Just pass along your experience with the VED to others by posting your progress or lack thereof on this forum.

Regards to you, Old Man

Iceman

old man - Ive just checked a website : http://www.peyroniesassociation.org and on the site the doctors' are not too keen on the usage of VED - hpw come on this site there seems to be a difference of opinion or at least a difference in attitude about the usage of VED?

Cheers

seaside2

I guess I am better at making a few $ than I am at making things out of plastic.  ???

In any case, I have the one from Fitzz and am in week 2, following the protocol meticuluosly. No noticible differences and none expected this early. The hardest part is making time and cleaning up. I think these will become easier with time.

Old Man

Iceman:

That site has been around for quite a while now and they do have some real good information relative Peyronies Disease and its effects. The site has a link that takes you to a section where doctors post answers to questions posed by members. These doctors seem to take the real conservative approach to VED usage for some reason.

I was a member of that organization for a while and took some heavy flak about my supporting VED usage. So, after a while, I just got fed up the negative position they all seemed to take about VED usage and "left the building" so to speak.

After Hawk formed this forum, I joined it and have never looked back on the other forums that I have used in the past. The guys on this forum are all dedicated to helping each other and not trying to tear down anything that a member finds that works for him. I am not saying that forum is no good, just not my cup of tea when it comes to how they approach the treatment of Peyronies Disease.

The above is just my humble opinion and not necessarily that of others on this forum. Hope you can keep on a good schedule of treatment for your Peyronies Disease and have good success.

Old Man

Old Man

seaside2:

Good luck to you in getting help with your new VED. Yes, finding the time to keep on a regular schedule with your exercises seems to a problem with a lot of guys. However, you owe it yourself to do your best in keeping a daily schedule even if you have cut the time short, just do schedule!!!

Old Man

seaside2

Iceman, others

My GP, uro, etc were/are essentially worthless when it comes to Peyronies Disease. This forum is, to my knowledge and countless hours of search, the only one that is practical, experienced, offers real world help and the people on here really do care about each other. Sure, not everything is a help to everyone, but there is, IMHO, not a better place to seek help and support. Weall open up and put our 2 cents in, don't hurt or get hurt.

Besides, for a cheapskate like me, the cost cant't be beat ;D

Johnny

I posted here last summer. I was diagnosed with Peyronies Disease in July of 2007 at age 33.

The verapamil injections were comfortable to say the least but I would like to report that the plaque in the area that the doc did the injections is gone completely.

More plaque formed running along the top in a line in November and this time shortened my length by 2.5 inches with an upward bend. Yikes.

Recently I started reading the posts again and decided to get the VED the Old Man was talking about and start the 26 week regimen.

I wasn't going to post but I feel have to...I have already gained back .75"...in two weeks. I know that I'm probably not the norm here, but either is my age at 34.

I'll continue using this for the rest of the 24 weeks.

Thanks for your help, everyone, and keep up the good word.

Johnny

Old Man

Johnny:

Great news that you have gained back some length in such a short time. Just wish that others could realize that the VED can and will help with Peyronies Disease and restoring one's penis to a better state of health. Even if it's use did not get rid of the nodules/plaque, but did help with restoring length and girth that would be a plus.

Keep up the good work and by all means keep the forum posted on your results. There are many of us who would welcome your posts with any comments good or bad. This way we can keep up how the VED is helping others, etc.

Thanks for you comments.

Old Man

Angus

Thanks for your informative post. Results posts, good or bad, give us what we need to move forward, armed with information like yours. Keep posting as you move through VED therapy and let us know how it goes. I am happy for you that you're responding to vacuum therapy so quickly.

Old Man

Angus and Johnny:

Gotta be your young age!!! Man, I just wish that there had been someone to tell me about VEDs in the early stages of my Peyronies Disease at 24 years old. I am sure that there would have been a better recovery for me than all the wasted treatments/therapies that were thrown at me way back then.

Good luck to you Johnny, keep up the schedule and keep us up to date on your progress, good or bad as Angus says.

Regards, Old Man

Johnny

terryd

Im not sure age has anything to do with it im 56 had Peyronies Disease for 6 years on 4th week on ved  iv gained back a lot of length and girth and went from 45 to30-35 degree upword bend.Very happy with resalts so far thanks to old man an every body that made this forum possible. Thanks guys

crank

terryd..

That's good news man...sounds like you may get the stick straightened out.. ;D

crank

Iceman

hi guys - been on the VED 1 week now - no noticable change - will keep you posted.

Old Man

Iceman:

Just hang in there, one week is not enough to notice much difference. You should however, but this time be getting a lot fuller penis when it is flaccid. Most guys notice this fullness before any other results.

Patience is the watchword for Peyronies Disease therapy with the VED. There is no "overnight" fix for Peyronies Disease nor ED. One has to just keep up the schedule and keep a daily therapy session. Follow the 26 week regimen to the letter before giving up.

Take care and keep the forum posted on your progress, either good or bad. We need to know so that others can benefit from your experience(s).

Old Man