VED's - Vacuum Erection Devices

Previous topic - Next topic

ocelot556

So the VED's we should be looking at if we're starting to look into buying one are mostly all made by Soma or Obson? I don't seem to see any other major company mentioned in the scollback - although I heard mention of someone making their own? And is there a world of difference between manual and battery powered?

Old Man

Ocelot:

Yes, there is a great difference in using a manual versus a battery powered VED. The manual VED allows for a variable amount of pressure that can be controlled very easy. Sometime, the battery powered models do not allow for quick or rapid release of the pressure. Overall, most of us use the manual units for that reason. There is nothing wrong with the battery powered units mechanically, but they do cost more.

Yes, there are other model VEDs of good quality available on the market. However, the ones with three cylinders are not as plentiful as the Augusta models. The Osbon models are not, to my knowledge, made with three cylinder versions. There are less expensive Augusta models available by adding two extra cylinders to one of their basic models.

Hopes this helps with your decision if you are considering a VED. Will be glad to help you in any way if you need it.

Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

Angus

Quote from: ocelot556 on May 08, 2008, 01:23:38 AM
.... although I heard mention of someone making their own? .....

Yes you can make your own. I made my VED's from hardware store and mail order tubes and a hand pump from a sex store VED bought years ago... it's useless tube was discarded but it came with a good pump. I switch this pump to whichever size tube I want to use. Tim has assembled VED's from high quality parts he has ordered. The idea of making VED's doesn't fly with most guys. I think lots of guys aren't sure they have the skills to make one, plus they may think they might make something wrong that would potentially hurt them; I'm not sure of the reasons because nobody has said why they don't make their own. I do realize that for something as important as choosing the right device for VED therapy is a huge decision. But I am a tinkerer; I enjoy making things. I studied VED's, realized that the preferred ones have 3 different sized closed-end tubes with a hand pump attached to one end, realized that I could make them, and I did. They function just like a purchased VED and have held up to this day, years later. Granted, the ones I made won't win any beauty in manufacturing awards, but on the other hand they aren't destined to be displayed in a Macys display window either.
  If someone doesn't have the facilities to make them from scratch, parts can be ordered to assemble fully functional VED's with the correct size tubes like Tim did. Recommendations and sources are noted in the VED thread of the Child Boards if anyone wants to explore this.
  With that being said, the VED's recommended by Old Man are top notch, quality, proven units and work for this purpose very well. However, if someone is on a tight budget, VED's can be made for very little money that will work well and not hurt you, but they must be used with the same safety recommendations made on this board for years.  

Ptolemy

I guess it depends what you get used to. I use a battery powered unit and would never switch. The vacuum pressure can be stopped at any moment and the release switch is easily accessable. I have never over pumped and I can use the unit with one hand (not that I have anything to do with my other hand when I'm using the VED).

Toby

Hey guys, I was hoping one of you could help me. My uro prescribed a vacuum pump, the osbon esteem manual model. When I use it, I get a lot of discomfort around the base. I am also getting scrotal tissue drawn into the cylinder. Then after use I notice pain and enlargement of the testes. I have spoken to  my uro and product reps about this. I am not very large and am having a heck of a time trying to use this thing. I have rested a few days and tried again using very mild pumping action, but again the same results. I dont want to injure my testicles so have using very conservatively, but still no luck. I am about to give up on the pump but dont want to because I have seen my curvature completely straighten while inside the cylinder. The rep gave me a reducer to fit inside base of pump , but for some reason I am still drawing skin into cylinder. I can see it looks like bulging at base of penis. I hear some of you talking about multi cylinder models. Has anyone experienced this? I spoke to my uro as I was concerned about damage, He has heard of this said it is usually mild. He set me up with 2 sales reps to help with a demo. Probably  the most humiliating day I had in a while. 2 men in a drs. office trying to help me with this device. But still drawing skin into the cylinder. I have app. with uro in a couple of weeks and hesitant to use this again till then. Any body PLEASE HELP ME.

Old Man

Toby:

What you are experiencing is not an uncommon problem with the Osbon Esteem manual or battery powered model VED. I am surprised that the two reps do not know that there are several sizing inserts available from the Timm Medical Div. of Endocare, Inc. Timm assumed production for the Osbon products several years ago and they still carry the retainer rings for ED and sizing inserts for Peyronies Disease/ED for their equipment.

You should contact the Timm Medical Div. as soon as possible to get the smaller sizing inserts for your VED. I own one of the Esteem models and had to acquire the smaller insert. You can reach the company at this toll free number:  1+800-438-8592

Before calling the company you could ask your uro and the sales reps who gave you the demo about the inserts. They should be aware of this problem.

The three cylinder model VED does provide a much better basis for Peyronies Disease therapy. It gives one the option of using several size cylinders which makes for a better use, etc. The protocol for the three cylinder models is posted in the Child Boards section of the forum under that title. Scroll down to the bottom of the topics list and select the VED section. The protocol is near the bottom of that section.

You are right that while you are pumped up in the cylinder, your penis does take on a better shape/configuration. If any of us can help further, just let us know.

Old Man
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

Toby

Old Man: Thank you for your prompt reply. I have been reading the forum and you seem very knowledgeable. I did call Timm Medical and explained the problem to them, and I did get the smaller insert. I asked them if they made a smaller insert than this and they said they did not. I dont know if that would help anyway as after achieving an erection it is kind of snug trying to remove my penis from the cylinder at the end of the session. Do you think that the 3 cylinder model might be a better way to go? Also thank you for the information on the pumping protocol. My reps told me to pump 2x wait 5 to 10 seconds, then pump 2 more times and release the vacuum, saying this is 1 cycle. Repeat the cycles until the penis lifts of of the cylinder. The only problem with this is each time I release the vacuum I have to start from scratch. Or the pressure around the base gets to be too much and I begin drawing in scrotal tissue. Oh well , I see my uro in a couple of weeks and I will ask him about the 3 cylinder models. Thank you again, I thought this was a rare problem as I read the forum and didnt see anything about this. It is kind of discouraging to think that this device could be a godsend only to have my hopes dashed by these frustrating problems.  

Tim468

Several thoughts. I hand pump blood into my penis at first sometimes when I am really "blood-less" and accordingly smaller in diameter than usual. This reduces scrotal "pull-up". Secondly, you can pump gently without ramming the cylinder flush to the pubis, and start to pump more blood into the penis (thus avoiding "pull-up"). Third, you can apply a hand to the scrotum to hold it in place, or to tug it back out. Fourth, you can avoid over use of lubricant which can lead to more pull-up. I find that it takes me a bit of time to come to a completely pumped up volume, but when I am, I can then (again) release the pressure and then (after pulling out any pulled up scrotum) pump to a really firm pressure.

As for getting out of it, if I stayed hard, it would be hard to come out of the narrowest cylinder. But the novelty of pumping has worn off, and I am not aroused such that I stay hard after letting go the vacuum. So, as I deflate it is easy to pull out.

For my largest diameter cylinder, I have to use a silicone "cuff" to prevent pull-up of scrotum or scrotal contents (ouch!). Other than needing to spend less time pulling my scrotum out of it as I am getting pumped up, I do the same as described above.

Hang in there - it can work for you.

Tim
52, Peyronies Disease for 30 years, upward curve and some new lesions.

Old Man

Toby:

The following is a few tips on some things you can try to keep the extra skin and scrotum from being pulled into the cylinder.

1. I shave off enough hair around the base of my penis to help get a better seal around the inserts. However, you have to keep it shaved on a regular basis so that it won't become itchy when growing out again.

2. Try not get any lubricant on your scrotum when lubing up for the therapy session. If any does get on your scrotum, wipe it off before placing the cylinder over the shaft.

3. I sometimes do a little manual manipulation of the penis before lubing up and using the VED. It gets the blood flowing in and there is less area around the base as it starts to inflate, etc.

4. Hold the cylinder firmly against your body for the first few pumps so that you can get the blood engorged enough to preclude the scrotum being sucked in the cylinder.

5. When doing the cycles, hold the entire assy. as close to your body as possible and do not release all the vacuum pressure. Just let off enough to start the penis deflating and then pump up again all the while maintaining pressure against your body.

A word of caution though, never, but never use too much pressure while pumping. Use only enough to get a good blood flow. Overpumping can and will cause more trauma such as edema of the forskin if not circumcised, redness of the skin that won't go away easily and sometimes could cause the skin to break and bleed. The best rule of thumb is that if you feel pain or discomfort while pumping, you are using too much pressure, so back off in that regard.

Practice a few times to get used to the above changes in your routine. I am not very large either when flaccid and had the same problem you are describing, but using the above tips, I soon learned how to exercise without getting the problem.

Good luck and happy pumping!!!

Old Man

Angus

Don't let hopes be dashed. There is a knack to using a VED and you'll get it. I would bet everyone here that is using one has gone through this.
  Everything Tim and Old Man said is on the money. I have a couple of things that might help too.
  Shaving will help all of this. The large tubes did suck in scrotal skin and still will if I'm not careful. I have pretty good results with large tubes by putting lube only on the insert itself on the VED. I only needed a seal at the base with the large tubes, and lubing the insert kept lube from making its way to the scrotum. I put a little lube inside the tube with a bottle brush so things expand smoothly without skin sticking to the inside of the VED tube if it were dry. You might have to experiment with how much lube to use on the ring if you want to try this with your large tube VED.
  I also found that pointing the VED down a little bit helped "seal out" the scrotal skin by putting slightly more pressure on the bottom half of the VED ring. For me, just pointing it down "slightly", or approximately 10 or 15 degrees helped keep the scrotal skin out where it's supposed to be on the first pumps. If I feel scrotal skin beginning to suck in I angle the VED down to 15 degrees or so again and it will usually stop the intrusion of scrotal skin. Using lighter vacuum until you have a fuller erection will help also.
  Keep at it. We've all gone through this, and you'll get the knack.  

Toby

Thank you guys for the input. I will try all of these tips. Right now my testicles are still mildly enlarged and a bit sore I think a bit of rest is in order. Sometimes the only hint of scrotal tissue being in are the enlarged balls a couple of hours after the session. Thanks again. Later dudes.

shrout

Toby,

I can only back up what the other guys have to say... especially the point about avoiding getting lube on the top of the scrotum. I've made that mistake a couple of times recently and it's the only time I've ever felt my balls starting to get sucked in. They ached for quite a while after, even though I stopped a  soon as I felt any pain.
Possibly I'm a bit unusual in that I don't put any lube at all on the end of the VED.. just on the inside of the tube and the shaft of the penis. I find I get a better vacuum that way. Perhaps if all else fails you could try that. The chances of getting lube on the scrotum are reduced that way, although it may take a little practice getting a good seal.

Best of luck.  

Old Man

jsotheby:

Basically, the VED therapy works for restoring dimensions by sort of forcing the blood flow through the fibrosis and/or plaque areas of the erectile tissue if any exist. Repeated daily exercises on a regular protocol with only minimal amount of vacuum pressure allows the tissue two "remember" that it was stretched and in most cases remains stretched.

Remember one thing about VED therapy though, some guys have the thought or intention of enlarging their penises beyond their normal length before Peyronies Disease. The VED will not enlarge one's penis over their normal size. Daily use of the VED therapy over extended periods of time (there is not quick fix with a VED) generally produces good results. Some cases of Peyronies Disease virtually resist any VED therapy and therefore produce no results. Overall, though, most guys do get good results from the VED.

Getting erections for sex with a VED is usually much better than the injections of tri-mix and/or other
erectile meds. The danger of further damage through use of the needle is much greater than any damage that could result from a restrictor ring on the penis if used with moderation and care. VEDs come with several restrictor rings of varying strengths and one must experiment to find the right tension in order to hold up the erection without causing any pain or discomfort.

Hope the above helps with any question you had about the use of VEDs for sexual intercourse.

Old Man

jsotheby

Yes, thanks.

I don't know if I could get used to it for sex or not, but for therapeutic purposes I could.  But what are its advantages vs. the extender Levine recommends?

Old Man

jsotheby:

Both the VED and the extender/traction devices have their purposes in Peyronies Disease therapy. They just use a different method for approaching the problems presented by Peyronies Disease. The extender stretches the penis with a steady and long term pull with mechanical devices which can include tension springs, latex loops or slings to hold the head of the penis while wearing the device.

The VED, OTOH, uses vacuum pressure for shorter periods of time to extend the penis through its pull on the penis itself. This allows the vacuum to pull more blood flow into the corporal chambers than with a natural erection. Pumping up the vacuum, holding it for short periods of time, releasing and repeating the cycles provides more and varied amounts of pull on the penis, etc.

As I said earlier, both devices have their place in Peyronies Disease therapy, it is a matter of choice as to which method a person desires. An added feature of the VED is that by using the correct tension restrictor ring, one who has an ED problem can get a very good erection for sex.

Old Man

Toby

Old Man: I was wondering if you could give me a recommendation on a good medical grade 3 cylinder ved. Perhaps the one you use. Also how and where to purchase it. I am thinking maybe it would be better than mine.

Old Man

Toby:

I am using the Soma Correct manual model that was taken off the market last year. In its place the Somaerect was marketed starting shortly after that. The only difference between the two models is a modified sizing insert and they left out the Peyronies Disease 26 week protocol exercises for Peyronies Disease.

The Somaerect is now the only three cylinder model (as a package deal) marketed by Augusta Medical Systems in Augusta, GA. You can contact them through their Web site at:   www.augustams.com

Look at all their products and you will find the Somaerect listed with pictures, etc. It is a bit pricey, if that is a problem, but you can purchase another model that only has the main outside cylinder in the package, then you can buy the two inner cylinders, all a better price than the whole Somaerect package. So, be sure to explore the options when you either email them or talk to a sales rep in person.

Now, if you are adept with tools, you can make your own 3 cylinder model VED. There are instructions on how several guys have made theirs posted in the VED Child Boards topic. So, explore that option also.

Hope this helps and let me know if I can help further. Others may have some suggestions also.

Old Man

seaside2

The item shown below os from the Fitzz web site and sells for $300. My insurance would not pay for the Augusta system (Long story, not worth repeating) and I was wondering if this is an acceptable substitute. I note that there appears to be an option between manual and bttery powered. I would prefer the manual control. I also do not see a guage for measuring the level of vacuum, and would think that this would be prefferable.

I am now thinking that the home made version is the mpst cost effective way to go.

Thoughts? Recommendations?

New Package Offer! The Peyronie's Vacuum Therapy Treatment System by Augusta Medical features a battery powered Vitality Plus Vacuum Therapy System which has been specifically engineered to provide the best Vacuum Therapy Management for Erectile Dysfunction and implementation of Peyronie's treatment protocols at the lowest possible cost.

The Vitality OTC Vacuum Therapy System is the finest available and is recommended as the most conservative, first-line treatment for Peyronie's Disease as recommended by the Birmingham Urology Associates.

Click here to review the recommended 26 Week Peyronie's Vacuum Therapy Treatment protocol recommended by the Birmingham Urology Associates. Please consult your physician prior to beginning this protocol.

Features include:

Easy to Operate Battery or Manual Pump with Integrated Lever
Easy to use Negative Pressure Device
Two Sizing Adapters
Three Vacuum Tubes - Inside diameters of 2.25", 1.75" and 1.5"
30 Day Trial Period backed by a 100% Money Back Guarantee
Five Comfortable Tension Systems
Tension System Loading Applicator
SomaTherapy-ED® Lubricant
Discreet Carrying Case
Comprehensive Patient Instruction Manual
Registration Card
1 year manufacturer's warranty from date of purchase
30 day Satisfaction Guaranteed Refund Policy*
Meets FDA standards for Over-the-Counter vacuum therapy devices
Access to an automated toll-free telephone system is provided to all patients 24 hours/day (seven days a week)

Old Man

seaside2:

It is my understanding that the Augusta Vitality OTC manual or battery model is exactly the same unit as the Somaerect. However, it only comes with the large (C) cylinder and accessories. If you buy that unit you will need to buy the two extra (A & B) cylinders that is furnished with the Somaerect model to complete the three cylinder package. This would allow you to use the 26 week protocol that is posted on the forum under the VED topic in the Child Boards section.

If you would give me a PM with the web site for the Fitz company or just post it here on the forum as it would be of help to any others desiring to purchase a VED.

Thanks, Old Man

Old Man

Note to all:

I just ran across a web site that sells an Augusta Vitality OTC three cylinder Peyronies Disease therapy VED for less than $300.00. It includes the entire three cylinder package with ED rings, lubricant and an easy ring applicator. It carries free shipping. As far as I know it does not require an RX like the Somaerect.  Any interested in having the web site link, please let me know.

Old Man

seaside2

http://www.fitzz.com/Peyronies-Vacuum-Therapy-Treatment-System-P4484C160.aspx

I copied the link and pasted it here. Old Man, I assume we are talking about the same thing.

Old Man

seaside2:

Yes, that is the company. They will sell the Vitality OTC manual model for $119.99. The extra cylinders, A & B (small and medium size) can be purchased separately for about $49.00 each making a total of just over $220.00 for the entire package. This price is very much cheaper than if you bought the complete Peyronies Disease package from this company at a price of $299.99. It includes free shipping also.

If one wants to order the above package from Fitzz, just call them and tell the sales rep which unit you want plus the extra cylinders. A friend of mine just purchased the package on line today.

Old Man......

seaside2

:) Old Man,

Thanks for the $ saving tip. I am ordering today!!!

crank

Seaside2:

I've talked with Mark at Fitzz, but Angus's post in the child board got me interested in building a VED..I located a manual pump w/gauge at a Science education store ($30) and they also have a 1.75 " plastic beaker that I can cut (bonus find $13)..Right now, it looks like I can be pumping this weekend if all goes to plan..I will post..

I p/md Angus and he advised that pics of his homemade veds are on post #126 of this forum..the pics show the design and look to me like a perfectly doable deal for $50-75..Ingenious approach that the vendors would not like to see us take.. ;D

I'm off to Lowe's today to complete the materials list..Hat's off to Angus..

crank

bodoo2u

Fellas,

Forgive me for not know the meaning of the term at this stage of the game, but what exactly are the "Child Boards"?

Old Man

boodoo2:

The Child Boards is a topic section shown on the Home Page of the main forum. It has a number of threads which are complications of all the posts that are pertinent to a particular subject, i.e. VED usage, Oral treatments, etc.

Go to the Home Page on the menu and look down in the Section that shows the Forum subjects and you will see the Heading Child Boards.

Old Man

Iceman

old man - you mention in an earlier thread that ved will not work for some ved cases - who are likely to fit into this category and is there a percentage of success of men who use this - would it be say a 50/50..??

also - if my Peyronies Disease is still in its inflammation phase - is using a ved ok or is a ved more beneficial for advanced stages of Peyronies Disease ?

many many thx

Old Man

Iceman:

OK, what I meant is that there a few cases of Peyronies Disease that is resistant to just about any therapy, VED, or meds taken. I can only guess at a figure, but it could not be more than 5% plus or minus a number or two.

In my case, I did not try the VED for Peyronies Disease until after my prostate surgery which was about 40 years after my first bout with Peyronies Disease. It was kind of by trial and error that it worked for me. Since there were no three model VEDs around in my time, a one cylinder unit was what I used. The three cylinders ones work well and give a much better therapy.

It is not a 50/50 proposition in using VEDs for Peyronies Disease. It is reported in some circles that it helps in about 90 to 95 percent of the Peyronies Disease population. I know of no published studies yet that show any different figures.

So, bottom line, I strongly urge you to decide soon and get busy with a routine of VED therapy. It can be used successfully in the inflammation stages of Peyronies Disease by using caution in that you do not overpump the vacuum. As has been stated many times, moderation in vacuum pressure and caution to prevent further damage is the watchword. If while using a VED, one experiences pain or discomfort of any kind, they are using too much vacuum pressure. So, keep that in mind if you decide on getting one for your Peyronies Disease.

Right now, the best price for a three cylinder VED we have seen is the one that is on sale by the Fitzz site stated elsewhere on the forum. Currently, the price for the Vitaility OTC VED package is $229.99. Also, believe that shipping is free. I think the regular price is either $299.99 or $399.99. Both retail prices have been listed their web site.

If I can be of further help, just let me know.

Old Man

Iceman

thx old man - i appreciate you taking the time to reply to me - one more question: do i do the ved treatment for the 26 weeks and re-evaluate at this stage or do I keep using it indefinitely?

crank

Following Angus's advice, I built prototype #1 as follows..this is for the do-it-yourself crowd..

Manual vacuum pump from Science Education Shop 0-730 mm..

Went to Ace Hardware for these parts..I had PVS primer and cement, so decided to go with PVC..

Adapter .50" pipe thread male to .25" tube to attach to pump..
Bushing 1.50" to .50" female
Adapter1.50 pvc to 1.50 " pipe thread..
24" 1.75 o.d. pvc 1.50" i.d.

Cut the pvc to 7" and cemented to the adapter..sanded to smooth edges..cut some Saran wrap and punched a hole in it for seal..

Pumped up to 100 micron and worked like a charm...the only disadvantage is it is not transparent..when I make the 2" I.D. unit, I will put a plastic port on it for observation...

My costs were $30 local for the pump and $10 for PVC parts..

crank

Old Man

Iceman:

First, you do the 26 week protocol to what results you get from it. If you are not satisfied with that period of exercises, start over with the 26 course again.

You have to be the judge of what results you get and if you want to continue the second set or not. If you did see some significant results, I would suggest continuing again, etc.

Old Man

Old Man

Crank:

Sounds like you got the job done! FYI, should you want to obtain clear tubes, check back on Dr. Tim's post where he lists getting clear medical type ones at a very good price.

Anyway, you are well on your way to getting started with VED therapy. Again though, be careful with the pressure. Your penis will be the best judge of how much vacuum you should use. Just remember if you get any pain or discomfort from the vacuum, you are using too much, just back off, etc. VED therapy is not a case where more is better. Gentle daily pumping gives much better results than higher pressure and won't cause damage if used in moderation.

Old Man

crank

Hey Old Man..

Thanks for your help and the p/m...I think I'm ok on the pressure..just pulling a nice gentle vacuum, but listened to your guidance on that issue.. ;D

Right now, I'm happy with the deal..and looking forward to a straight unit in 26 weeks.. ;D

You said something that impressed me...look at it as part of your exercise program and that is what I am doing on that...pump and then go to the gym and pump iron..Ha!

crank

Old Man

Crank:

OK, stay on the daily schedule and good things could happen soon!!!

Old Man

Angus

Good deal Crank. Just remember that for some guys the 26 weeks is a start and not the end... if you don't have all the results you want in 26 weeks be prepared to commit to repeat the 26 weeks. I hope you get fast results. If you want to make another clear one, the site Tim got tubes from is good, and you can get 6 foot lengths (minimum order) of clear acrylic tubing from Tapp Plastics. Use the drop-down menu to see the size choices. They don't give the I.D., just the O.D. and wall thickness, but you can figure the I.D. by taking the O.D. and subtracting the wall thickness times two. (1 3/4 inch O.D. tube, minus 1/8 inch wall thickness x 2 = 1 1/2 I.D. and so on).  I have a feeling you already know this lol so bear with me if this math lecture stuff is not needed  ;D

http://www.tapplastics.com/shop/product.php?pid=141&

crank

I'll post for anyone interested..thanks Angus..

The VED is crude but works..Assembly is easy with teflon taped threaded parts and PVC cement..The Ace Hdw part #'s are..

Threaded .50 to .25 tubing...48763
Bushing..1.50"..47541
Adapter...43113
1.75"o.d.x 1.50 i.d. tubing..ask

Old Man

Crank:

Your VED looks great! However, I think that you should consider using smaller cylinders like in the three cylinder VEDs we have been purchasing for Peyronies Disease therapy.

The confined area provides better lengthwise pull for straightening the shaft portion. You can always stretch the girth by using the larger cylinders.

Tim has the sizes he used on a post somewhere back on this thread and I think in the VED section of the Child Boards.

Good luck and as Angus says, if the first 26 weeks does not do the job, repeat the schedule.

Old Man

crank

Quote from: Old Man on June 01, 2008, 03:41:35 PM
Crank:

However, I think that you should consider using smaller cylinders like in the three cylinder VEDs we have been purchasing for Peyronies Disease therapy.

Old Man

My VED looks larger,but the I.D. is 1.50" (4.71" circum)...I could make one 1.25" (3.92" circum)...Do you think I should experiment with that ??
I wouldn't want to get that thing hung up in there...

I have completed 4 days on this one and it seems to work well...I was planning to make a 2.00" I.D. prototype this week..

One interesting note: the VED erection is much more normal looking than a natural...hardly bends at all..I am getting a good amount of blood and in there and good response, so I don't know what is causing that...I have never had any injury or trauma to the penis and this bend just developed...I see my Dr. later today and will see if he can feel any plaque or fibrous tissue in there on the topside..

Could I get your experienced opinions on this since I'm a Peyronies Disease newbie ??

Thanks,

crank

Old Man

Crank:

OK, seems like you are getting some good early results with your VED. Yes, the VED can and will give you a very good erection based on the amount of plaque or nodules you have in the corpora chambers. If you do not have very much of either, the VED works faster and better since it does not have to overcome those items.

The I.D. of the smallest cylinder of the three cylinder model VEDs is 1.25 inches. If the cost is as low as you say, suggest you make one that size and try it. The largest of the three cylinders (C on the Somaerect unit) is 2.0 inches I.D. You will need one of those after you complete the early steps of the 26 week protocol.

If you use all three cylinders according to the 26 week protocol you should see the best results. VED therapy is mostly trial and error for the most part. Each and every case of Peyronies Disease is distinctly different from any other, so they have to be treated as separate cases, etc. The only drawback you will encounter with making the three separate cylinders like you are doing is that you have to use both hands to handle the devices. The mated units provide one hand usage, but that should not be a problem for most.

Old Man

newguy

George's recent experience demonstrates just how many variables and variations can be at play with peyronie's. VED useage is these circumstances was touched on in the other thread, but there is no real concensus on this as far as I know:

If someone is suffering from peyronie's but does not yet have a curve (or has a curve occasionally as a result of some kind of intermittent inflammatory response) should they use the VED? There is a case to say that pre-empting curvature could be a good idea and that use of the VED could promote good penile health. Another school of thought could suggest that VED use during an active inflammatory phase, could potentially exacerbate the situation. Which one of these factors do you think outweighs the other?

Iceman

newguy - should i use a ved if i am in the inflammation phase - i seen to be getting allot of conflicting answers and do not want to make the problem worse

Old Man

Iceman & Newguy:

There are conflicting opinions about VED usage during the inflammation stage of Peyronies Disease. Some say go for it, others say do not do it all.  From my experience with VED usage and that of many others, using a VED during the early stages of Peyronies Disease usually wards off any further damage. I say usually, but there are some cases that just resist any and all attempts at treatment/therapy.

If one uses the VED in the early inflammation stage of Peyronies Disease, by all means use very low vacuum pressure. Again, I say if any pain or discomfort to the penis is felt, cease the vacuum therapy and try to determine why it occurred. Extreme caution should be exercised at all times while using a VED.

Old Man

Iceman

old man - what do you mean by further damage??

Old Man

Iceman:

OK, good question. The best way to describe what I meant is to say it this way:  1. If you overpump the pressure, edema of the foreskin,  skin on the shaft, or to the head may occur. 2. Stretching the plaque/nodules with too much pressure too fast may cause them to "grow" faster or develop more, etc. 3. You could aggravate your condition to a point that it causes pain, maybe even more inflammation.

So, bottom line, using the VED during the inflammation stage especially must be done with moderation and with less pressure. All you want to do at this point is to keep good blood flow to all parts of your penis. As men get older and have less and less night time erections as well as normal sexual erections, their penises tend to shrink up due to the inactivity (been there and done that). Keeping a good blood flow into all portions of the corpora will definitely help with keeping your penis healthy from that standpoint.

Just use a VED with common sense and as low vacuum pressure as possible until you are over the inflammation stage is my best recommendation to all VED users. Afterwards, one can increase the pressure until you reach a "comfort zone" for pumping, but never overpumping. IMHO Overpumping vacuum pressure is why some uros/physicians do not prescribe VEDs for Peyronies Disease.

Old Man

Correction made to Number 2 above from "may not" to "may''

crank

Iceman:

I just started VED with my homemade unit..day 5...Old Man has been advising me and one thing he told me is that my penis would establish the comfort level of negative pressure...I am finding that to be true...I am taking my time and going slow on it after the valuable warnings I got on here about overpumping..My VED is not clear plastic, so I go by the way it feels..I think that may be a good thing because I can't see what's going on, but I can feel it...I'm using a manual pump and I also think that's good because it gives me a lot of control on the pressure..

This is a newbie observation on startup of the process... ;D

crank

crank

Hi Old Man...

I went ahead and made the 1.25"i.d. unit and was surprised that it worked pretty well...it's a bit snug and when I removed it, I had to tug a bit, but the reaction was good...I think I will continue with the small cylinder for a couple of weeks...

My cylinders will be 1.25", 1.50", and 2.00 ", i.d.....I think this will work... ;D

Thanks for your help..

crank

I read your post about shrinkage with age...my gymbuddies (70-79) complain about it all the time...CC calls the men's locker room "short city"... ;D

Old Man

Crank:

Tell them to start using a VED and their shrinkage will go away. Charge them a nominal fee for your advice.

Old Man

crank

Old Man..

Yeah, If my own repair work shows progress, I will become an advocate for the VED therapy..I was interested in Chris Spivey's statement that VED therapy should be used ,therapeutically, by all men for penis health even if they don't have Peyronie's...I think he could be right about that..the aging process takes a toll, but you can still fight back, and you feel better if you do.. ;D

Low testosterone is a problem too..My Dr. (gerontologist) checks all his old dude patients..I have been getting injections for 4 years..as needed to keep my level above 300ng/dl of blood..More of problem for me with 1 testicle..

crank

seaside2

By the way, I found a coupon for fitzz that saved me 10%, $23.  :) Coupon code TEAM.

crank

Hi Old Man..

The revised schedule posted in the child's board seems to alternate the 3 cylinders on alternate days for the first 2 weeks..I can still use my A cylinder as noted by lubing and letting the pump pull the penis into it...So, the way I read the schedule, I would alternate cylinders A,B,C on a 3 day cycle for 2 weeks..Am I reading this correctly?

Many thanks, ;D

crank