News:

Welcome to the Peyronies Forum

1rst post

Previous topic - Next topic

Kbong

Aloha All....Just found this site last week and now realise that I have this condition. I think this forum is great and intend to go thru the various posts to try to determine what I'm going to do as far as treatment goes. I first noticed something wasn't right when I found almost overnight that my erection had developed a 40-50 degree upward bend. I am 58 years young and have been experiencing ED for about 3-4 yrs now. From reading other posts I think my condition (Peyronies Disease) may have evolved from trying to have intercourse with soft erections, as after penetration (if I could even get that far) I could only rock back and forth. This put alot of pressure on the dorsal shaft at the base of the penis against my wifes pubic arch and the repetitive action must have caused some damage ergo the fibrous buildup all across the top base of the shaft. Think I discovered the problem about May of 2011 although my guess is it was probably developing much sooner. I really haven't had much pain with the exception of a few twinges when squeezing the fibrous deposits. I am also starting to get the "dents or hourglass " along the shaft. Was somewhat of a relief to find this site as I started my internet search along the lines of penile cancers....but was somewhat dismayed by the lack of resolution from alot of the posts I've read so far. The one good thing that I do have is a very honest/open relationship w/ my wife of 38 years so the mental aspect for me at least isn't quite as bad as some of you are experiencing. Another of lifes grueling curveballs I guess. Anyway just wanted to get my first post out there and will be following everyones treatments, suggestions/advice. One problem I think I'm going to have is no insurance and I live in rural Hawaii with not alot of good Drs. available (even if I could afford them) so my treatment will probably be coming from the family doc plus my brother who is a doc on Maui. So mahalo for reading this and any suggestions on how to tackle all the different subjects  on the forum would be helpful. Aloha to all.

GS

Kbong,

Welcome to our forum.  I got Peyronies Disease when I was 58 also.  That was almost 4 years ago...time flies when you're having fun.

A couple of important things you need to research; the PAV cocktail for supplements and the VED protocol for therapy.  There is a lot of other important information on the forum, but I think you'll find those 2 things to be your first line of defense against Peyronies Disease.

Over the course of the 4 years, I have gone from a 45 degree bend to a 35 degree and I don't have any pain with erections any more.  I consider that relatively successful, especially getting rid of the pain with erections and after intercourse.

Good luck and don't be a stranger to the forum.

GS