Unsuccessful

Previous topic - Next topic

SquareEfficient7618

I recently completed my 3rd round if Xiaflex injections.  It was unsuccessful at improving my bend at all.

Pros
The plaque has been reduced a good amount and is softer and more pliable, according to my doctor.
The hourglass shaping is practically nonexistent now.
I do not think I have lost any length.  It's hard to tell when you are bent.  When I stretch flaccid, it still looks like the same length.  If I lost anything at all, it would be 1cm.  Like I said, its hard to tell when you can't measure yourself straight.

Cons
I still have a 90 degree straight up bend.  It's not a curve.  I am bent in half.  Absolutely no improvement.
I now have a slight S-curve going on, likely from the stretching and RestoreX usage.

I do have a consultation with Dr Trost in a few weeks to get a 2nd opinion.
Age 54. Confirmed Peyronie's in Mar 2023 with a full 90 degree upward right angle bend, maybe even more than 90 degrees. Completed 3rd round of Xiaflex with absolutely no change in my bend. Hourglass indent is nearly gone.  Some positives.

Sebtp1973

Doctor Trost will tell you he is getting his best results from patients who went through a few rounds from a different doctor, then are treated by him and his protocols. He'll make you wait a year from your last injection though. He thinks the softening from the initial rounds, then the year of healing, sets the patient up for exceptional improvements using his protocols.

That's how I was treated. I had over a 100 degree composite curve, and after one round of treatment with Trost, my penis is straighter than it was pre-peyronies.
57 yrs old.
Pre-Trost treatment, 110 composite curve (75 up, 35 left)
Post-Trost xiaflex treatment, 0-15 degree curve.

away2878

Sebtp1973, can you elaborate on your treatment with Dr. Trost? That seems like an insane amount of improvement. How many cycles did you do with him and did you do any with a different doctor?

I just got my 2nd round 2 weeks ago. 10 degree improvement after first round but so far 0 improvement from 2nd. A bit nervous about continuing with current uro after he admitted he's having a hard-time identifying my nodes.
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

danh

Quote from: Sebtp1973 on May 20, 2024, 03:20:45 PMHe'll make you wait a year from your last injection though. He thinks the softening from the initial rounds, then the year of healing, sets the patient up for exceptional improvements using his protocols.

I didn't have to wait a year. I had only one round (two shots) with my first URO, and three months later went to Trost. One round with Dr.Trost and I'm super happy with results.

age 62. Onset 2010. 30deg to the left
Did ved therapy for 6 mo. Some help. Lived with it.
In 2020, left bend increased 50-60 
Jan 2023 Did some Xiaflex shots w/ Dr. Trost.
Now, slight curve with hourglassing. hardly noticeable.
Pleased with results.