Hello introduction

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilsonmill

I am new to this site,    I have had an implant since 2019, coloplast Titan, it failed a couple of weeks ago and I am looking for a replacement to the Titan, looking into the malleables and their longevity.  The titan was nice but failed after just 5 yrs, seems like it should have lasted forever, I do go bicycling as well as pickleball but think the bicycling may have did something with the tubing inside, just thoughts.  
Age-63, diabetic and use insulin for 20 yrs and now on a insulin pump
ED started around age 35 and pills generally took care of it, also would use pump from time to time
About age 52 used trimix
Had a titan coloplast implant age 58

Arthur

Hey, brother! Welcome to the forum!

I'm not experienced with implants but I believe if you regularly go biking then a malleable implant would be uncomfortable as it always stays hard but it's more durable than a 3 piece implant.

I hope other members can help you better.
26 year old.

Had multiple penile fractures.

Tried Verapamil injections, Pentoxifylline, Tadalafil, Vitamin E, heat therapy, Castor oil, L-Citrulline, Shilajit, Shatavari, Gotu Kola, Velvet beans.

Lost more than 6 inches.

Wilsonmill

Thanks, just some unknowns  
ED started around age 35 and pills generally took care of it, also would use pump from time to time
About age 52 used trimix

Pfract

Wilsonmill, Welcome aboard!

Five years for a titan is not bad, according to the literature and what we read here on the forums. Yes they last longer, but there are several factors involved.
The malleable is a choice, but there are some drawbacks that you should be considering if you want to go down that route. Where are you located? Are you looking for a specific doctor to go to or just thoughts from the other folks on what to do?

There are several implant diaries on this board that may be of great benefit to you. Please have a look at the appropriate section.

Wilsonmill

Thanks pfract, yes I am looking at diaries and have more than likely come to the conclusion that a ipp is probably going back as my wife says she likes what I had, can't argue with that.  I plan on using the same doctor, Dr lentz at Duke University, he implanted me 5 yrs ago, good surgeon  
About age 52 used trimix