22 y/o diagnosed with peyronies, Opinions on treatment protocol? + Questions

Previous topic - Next topic

why_now

Hello,
i have definite Peyronies symptoms, including painful erections, noticeable knots and curve (that wasnt there before) since just over a month ago. Was diagnosed last week, immediatly started treatment with low dose Tadalafil and POTABA (luckily its covered by insurance here in Germany and i seem to tolerate it well). I also use diclofenac pain cream and im looking to include following supplements:
Coenzyme Q10 Ubiquinol 100-200mg
Ginkgo Biloba 300mg
Silymarin 400mg
Propolis extract 700mg

Last few week have been absolutely terrifying, im a young guy this should be the time of my life and now my dicks already breaking. Never been in a relationship or even had sex, seems like its over before it even started. This sucks.
On the positive note im hopeful that i can prevent it from getting a lot worse because i started treatment early. The curve isnt too bad right now (ca 10-13 degrees, already did pictures).

Off the bat i have the following questions:

I read a lot about L-carnitine/L-citrulline supplementation might help, but since they seem to be vasodilators and the Tadalafil im taking is also a vasodilator, is there even a point to additionally supplement with carnitine/citrulline or might it even be dangerous?

Should you use VED and traction devices already in the acute phase or wait until inflammation subsides and curve has stabilized?

Thanks for reading, opinions and advice is welcomed
22 y/o, problems started Feb 2024
Painful erections, noticeable plaque, dorsal curve
Treatment:
Low dose Tadalafil, POTABA, Diclofenac gel
CoQ10, Silymarin, Ginko Biloba, Propolis Extract
Heat everyday

Stabler

Hello and welcome to the forum. Please take a couple minutes to fill in your signature under your profile settings. This will help keep you from having to repeat why your here in the forum when you post.

I have sent a PM explaining how and giving you some guidelines for the forum. We are happy you are here and look forward to helping

Stabler
Moderator since 2015- Missouri- I work in the medical field and have strong knowledge of insurance and how to obtain coverage for medication and other treatments. Being a woman I do not have Peyronies but you can ask me anything. I am happy to help.

Arthur

You don't need to take l citrulline if you are already taking tadalafil.
26 year old.

Had multiple penile fractures.

Tried Verapamil injections, Pentoxifylline, Tadalafil, Vitamin E, heat therapy, Castor oil, L-Citrulline, Shilajit, Shatavari, Gotu Kola, Velvet beans.

Lost more than 6 inches.

zoned999

You not alone that's for sure. Same thing happened to me last year February. I was in a lot of pain and still have some issues with pain off and on. Now that I think about it the month prior to it starting I may have broke it during sex with my wife. Initial flare up lasted 8 months then better for a month or so then flairup #2...I hit it hard the whole time with prp and pentox injections and even a botox injection. Took penox pills too they help the pain. I'll do a couple verapamil shots yet and do some traction and call it good. I'll use the restorex probably for years...feel good sometimes to wrench on it. I bet I've had close to 200 needles...We managed to deal with the pain and kept the curve at about 30deg. Mine was super aggressive. I did have good results with the botox...100 units and the prp seems to calm it down a lot for a period. Hang in there bud you'll be ok. See if you can get any of what I mentioned in Germany.
47, married. Noticed lump with pain, Diagnosed March 2023. 1cm Plaque in septum. Suspected repeated injuries. No curve, slight indent, painful daily with good and bad days. In intense treatment.

zoned999

I'll detail my journey here this summer or fall after I stay well into the chronic phase. I'm sure I'm in it now or it's in transition. Doesn't hurt any more during sex and next to none flacid...and let me tell you did it ever. I had pain constantly. Got me down but now I'm back up and ready to move forward and think positive. One thing I forgot to mention was that the prp seems to really soften the plaque for me. Still have the thing...went from 7" to 6" but it still works and my wife likes it...ill get back to 7...lol. Just trying to share what its like for me...Life can get a lot worse than this so dont forget that! This forum is a God send and the men on here running it and the ones contributing are nothing short of amazing.
47, married. Noticed lump with pain, Diagnosed March 2023. 1cm Plaque in septum. Suspected repeated injuries. No curve, slight indent, painful daily with good and bad days. In intense treatment.

why_now

Yeah i am happy that there is such an active and well kept forum like this, it does make it easier on the psyche knowing that theres people out there with the same thing that are improving.
22 y/o, problems started Feb 2024
Painful erections, noticeable plaque, dorsal curve
Treatment:
Low dose Tadalafil, POTABA, Diclofenac gel
CoQ10, Silymarin, Ginko Biloba, Propolis Extract
Heat everyday