Suppleness and softness.

Previous topic - Next topic

Aussiemale

Hello everyone.

Since Peyronie's, I have noticed that my penis has become hardened and almost rubbery.....sadly all over.

I am just wondering if anyone can advise if, in the case of an implant, once cycled and settled, they have noticed the previous softness and suppleness of their penis had  returned or if any improvement can be expected.

Any free back appreciated.  
50 years of age.
Type one Diabetes for 28 years.
Developed Peyronie's immediately after COVID ? Autoimmune reaction.
45 degrees left.
Incision and Graft plus Nesbits.
Curvature returned.
Decreased erection quality
Considering implant.

Hawk

The problem with your characterization of your penis being "hard and rubbery" is that it is so subjective.  I am not even sure I know what that means.  "Hard" and "rubbery" seem almost like they could contradict each other.  What does it compare to?  What terms would you have used to describe it before Peyronies Disease? I am not even sure if you mean when flaccid, when erect, or both.

I noticed no real change in the general texture of my penis, and I am very satisfied that my erect (inflated) penis feels very natural, even under close inspection.  My flaccid/deflated penis is longer than pre-peyronies, and it does NOT feel natural when in a deflated state with a Titan implant.  I am, however, completely satisfied since people generally do not handle my deflated penis.

The key question is, do you get erections that reliably last for the satisfaction of you and your partner?  A very natural feeling flaccid penis is of little use if it is not capable of reliable intercourse.  
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Aussiemale

Hello Hawk.

Sorry to not be more clear. I am referring to my flaccid state. Prior to Peyronie's when flaccid, my penis felt soft and had no hard areas. Now it does and to me it feels "rubbery" as opposed to soft flesh. It's obviously limited and difficult to describe texture and a sensation with only words.

I am just wondering if anyone who has been implanted, in particular with the softer AMS has the experience of their original softness of their penile tissue return or improve (in flaccid state) once stretched out with a cycled implant. Im keen to know as this sensation of hardness is quite uncomfortable.

Thank you.
50 years of age.
45 degrees left.
Curvature returned.
Considering implant.

Hawk

Keep in mind that NOTHING is removed during implant surgery.  Two cylinders are added to the cavernosa.

If what you are feeling is scar tissue of the tunica, that is unlikely to change a lot.  If what you are feeling is a contraction of the tunica, that is likely to relax as it is stretched out from the constant presence of the cylinders.  

Maybe others who experienced something similar to this prior to the implant will respond.

I will repeat, however, if you cannot get and maintain an erection suitable for satisfying intercourse, you will get an implant AND there is a 98% chance you will never spend one minute regretting it IF you pick a great high-volume surgeon.

Aussiemale

Hello again Hawk.

Well.....again a lot of hope based on your reply.

I believe I do get a lot of contraction as you mention and it seems when this occurs, it's the most discomfort.

Good to know the cylinders place a constant pressure..... hopefully this will result in less contracting and less discomfort.

I also hope the AMS, as it is advertised to do, provides a more natural feel.....after experiencing long term discomfort, this is very important to me personally.

Once again Hawk thank you.  
50 years of age.
45 degrees left.
Curvature returned.
Considering implant.

Hawk

It is important to note that the Boston Scientific LGX700 (formerly AMS) provides a flaccidpenis that feels more natural to the touch.  It does NOT feel more natural feeling penis to you while engaging in activities or when just sitting around.  It does NOT provide a more natural feeling erection.

The downside is that it does not come in 2cm increments, so getting the right size is a little less likely without using RTE(s). They also produce less girth if your girth is large (over 5 1/4").  They have less axial rigidity, which is especially an issue if your deformity is significant or if you are over 6 1/2" long)

Aussiemale

50 years of age.
45 degrees left.
Curvature returned.
Considering implant.