How much traction is too much?

Previous topic - Next topic

Lostand Looking24

Hey everyone,

I'm wondering, really, how much traction is too much?

I'd like to use both the Penimaster Pro and the Restorex daily. PMP for straight out traction, and Restorex for the counterbending. Also with VED, but of course that isn't 'traction'.

My idea is Penimaster Pro for 4-6 hours, Restorex for 30 minutes, and VED for 15~ minutes daily. My curvature isn't too severe, so I want to attack this as much as possible to try as much as I can to get as close to completely straight again. I am also relatively young (early 20s), so I'm more inclined to believe my body can tolerate it.

Has anyone followed a protocol similar to this? I'd love to hear the thoughts of anyone on this idea.
Symptoms at 22
Diagnosed
Curve to the right that fluctuates between 20-30 degrees and indentation. Indent is exactly where the curve is.
No palpable plaque. When fully erect, the curve sight/indentation is softer than the rest of the erection.

Sonic

Why would you want to use 2 traction devices? You can do straight traction with the restorex as well.
30 years. Sudden rightwards curve detected in June 2020
Narrowing on right side and about a 20° curve to the right.
ED + instability due to narrowing.

Lostand Looking24

Quote from: Sonic on March 11, 2024, 04:59:37 PMYou can do straight traction with the restorex as well.

From what I can tell and from what I've seen from others discussing this, the restorex isn't as effective for straight traction than the other '1st gen' traction devices
Symptoms at 22
Diagnosed
Curve to the right that fluctuates between 20-30 degrees and indentation. Indent is exactly where the curve is.
No palpable plaque. When fully erect, the curve sight/indentation is softer than the rest of the erection.

Pfract

Lostand Looking24: I don't recall reading posts in relation to restorex being less effective at straight traction versus the old devices. Maybe I have missed them. Would you be willing to share one or two with us?  

Lostand Looking24

Quote from: Pfract on March 12, 2024, 07:24:03 PMWould you be willing to share one or two with us?

Of course, I would also like to add that I am very new to peyronies so I am still learning, I wasn't trying to imply that restorex is definitely worse for straight traction.

But the first thing that comes to mind without me having to go back and check forum posts and/or the peyronies support subreddit is one of Neoman's youtube videos on the restorex, I remember him saying it might be the worst traction device for straight traction.  
Symptoms at 22
Diagnosed

tsp

This is a very interesting thread. I recall Dr Trost writing that while 30 min/day is sufficient for treating Peyronie's, longer durations are better for lengthening. Also, RestoreX should not be used for more than 30 min at a time because it cuts blood supply to the glans, makes it cold etc.

Perhaps a gentler first generation traction device that can be worn for longer periods of time is better for lengthening?

53 years old
Peyronie's onset in 2009, diagnosed in 2021.
Indentation in the left CC near the base.
Lost 5.5 cm, regained 4 with RestoreX
Cause: injury due to wife's vaginismus.

Lostand Looking24

Quote from: tsp on March 13, 2024, 11:33:47 AMPerhaps a gentler first generation traction device that can be worn for longer periods of time is better for lengthening?

This is my thinking aswell, though admittedly I'd need to check what the data says on this.

I see in your footer you gained 4cm with the RestoreX. Was this from using it straight out, or by counterbending? Or both?
Symptoms at 22
Diagnosed

tsp

You can lose length due to Peyronie's plaque. Or you can lose length due to atrophy, prostatectomy etc. Or be short to begin with. 30 min/day of high traction force with RestoreX is effective at reducing/modifying plaque and thereby restoring length lost to plaque.

I'm wondering if the first generation devices are better at non-Peyronie's lengthening. Even if you have Peyronie's, RestoreX does not always recover all your lost length. I did both, straight and counter-bending with RestoreX and have recovered 4 cm of the 6 cm I lost to Peyronie's.

I am wondering if a first generation traction device can help me lengthen the healthy/non-plaque affected part of my penis and thereby compensate for the lost 2 cm.

53 years old

Lostand Looking24

Quote from: tsp on March 13, 2024, 03:17:39 PMI am wondering if a first generation traction device can help me lengthen the healthy/non-plaque affected part of my penis and thereby compensate for the lost 2 cm.

I wouldn't be surprised. A lot of guys that don't have peyronies use them for gaining length successfully. Even manual traction may suffice for that.

Also, 30 mins a day to regain 4cm is extremely good. Did you also have a curve? Im curious to hear what it's effect was on your curvature aswell. I wonder if sometimes the length gain is from 'straightening' the penis back out. sort of like if a banana could be straightened, it would be longer technically than when it was curved. Perhaps the curvature reduction in cases like yours is what restores the length, rather than hypertrophy  
Symptoms at 22
Diagnosed

tsp

I have both a curve as well as a loss of length due to the hard plaque preventing expansion of my penis when erect. Traction restored most of my lost length both by straightening out the curve, as you outlined, and also by stretching out/reducing the plaque that was restricting the neuro-vascular bundle.

All of this happened in a matter of months, after which progress ceased. The 30 min/day RestoreX regimen is undoubtedly effective on plaque but I'm not sure if it lengthens healthy tissue very much.
53 years old