Intro - 31yo, peyronie only when flaccid!?

Previous topic - Next topic

Keanureevesjr

Hi all.
Noticed curvature in penis starting two years ago only after sexual intercourse. Normal erection is straight. Over the course of the two years, it has started to form a default curve when flaccid, and also shrunken a bit while flaccid so the skin bunches up (uncircumcised), but erection is still straight (until after intercourse). There is a severe hourglass effect in the transition between flaccid and erection. Only recently I've been feeling some pain at the point of curvature (left side, middle).
The most unbearable thing is that at almost all times while sitting down, the feeling of the sideways position and the skin bunching up makes me constantly conscious of my penis at all times, squirming in my seat to get it into a comfortable position and sometimes pulling it the other direction to prevent it from rubbing against my left thigh. This, and the recent sporadic pain, is getting on my nerves to the point of near insanity.

I've been to two doctors. One at the beginning who just told me "it's Peyronie's and there's nothing you can do about it" and the second one recently who after I told about the pain gave me a quick check and said "you're totally healthy, this is normal. Peyronie's is not a real disease and there's nothing you can do about it".

I'm kinda at a loss here. Need some encouragement at least if not advice.

Thanks in advance  
Peyronie's since early 2022.
No specific cause. More prominent curvature and shrinkage when flaccid or partially erect, mostly straight when fully erect. Hourglass sometimes when partially erect, severe shrinkage upon physical exertion.

Stabler

Hello and welcome to the forum. Please take a couple minutes to fill in your signature under your profile settings. This will help keep you from having to repeat why your here in the forum when you post.

I have sent a PM explaining how and giving you some guidelines for the forum. We are happy you are here and look forward to helping

Stabler
Moderator since 2015- Missouri- I work in the medical field and have strong knowledge of insurance and how to obtain coverage for medication and other treatments. Being a woman I do not have Peyronies but you can ask me anything. I am happy to help.

Keanureevesjr

I've added the signature, and read the introductory documents. Thank you for sharing.  
No specific cause. More prominent curvature and shrinkage when flaccid or partially erect, mostly straight when fully erect. Hourglass sometimes when partially erect, severe shrinkage upon physical exertion.

LWillisjr

You have been to 2 doctors who know nothing about Peyronies Disease. It amazes me that there are now ads on TV and some doctors still dismiss Peyronies. You need to find a urologist who is familiar with and knows how to treat Peyronies. We have several doctors we recommend depending on where you live.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Keanureevesjr

The first doctor I went to was a so-called Peyronie's expert who had actually published research papers on the subject. But since I'm young and she saw at not severe enough apparently, she dismissed me.
I'm now studying abroad in a country where it's probably not as well researched so the doctors here don't see it as a real disease. I'm kind of screwed. Are there any off-the-shelf remedies I can consider? I've been taking vitamin E regularly, but I've read that when taken on its own, it has little effect.